Matt Gilks in Scottish Sun

K.A.I

17 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

2 ex players have came out, got paid money to get a dig in at their former club....that should be the headline.

Aye maybe what they're saying is absolutley spot on, been things fans have been saying for a while, maybe it's absolute shite and they're saying it because they've spat the dummy at getting punted by the club, point is you'll never know.

Said the same thing when it was Cammy, if it comes from a current player or even one who left on good circumstances, then i'll listen to what's being said....if it comes from somebody who isn't happy they weren't getting played and got let go then not interested in what's being said.

But it's not going to come from a current player is it? The first 11 loved warburton as no matter how bad they played they got picked. So say MOH comes out and gives his POV he would get slated on here as sour grapes etc.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

World class and one of the best you'll ever see...

McCloy

Woods

Klos

Goram

McGregor even

An outstanding line-up of goalkeepers who have worn the jersey.

Yeah, and for a spell I even rated Kennedy. Think that England game took its toll though.

18 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We'll he's a supposedly Scottish, international who was at the club. Step up and be a leader yourself Matt, rather than chucking it after 6 months because you couldn't displace a far superior keeper.

As little fight / balls as any of them. Same with Bell yesterday. Easy to say it after the fact when you're away. Do it at the time, either privately or publicly. 

If he couldn't displace Warbs' boy after that Old Firm game, then no-one could've. I think it was pretty much nailed-on that he wouldn't ever be first-choice, no matter what. The fact that he wanted to leave and go and actually get a game shows his desire to step up, not the opposite.

I have no idea why people fawn over Foderingham. But then I have watched Woods, Goram and Klos, so maybe I am just spoiled.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Yeh, he offers marginally more than most. But he's not great, or even good anymore. 

He's dour faced and moans a lot, but it doesn't make him a leader or motivator. It's clearly not working. 

No one said he was great....

He is clearly our best attacking option though in terms of strikers as depressing as that may seem. 

You would be slating him if he didn't moan :lol: You want him to be running about with a huge grin on his coupon when we are getting thumped by Dundee and Inverness? 

It's clearly not working on all fronts but Kenny has not been as bad as most of them and at 37 that's simply embarrassing. 

Just now, loyalfollower said:

But it's not going to come from a current player is it? The first 11 loved warburton as no matter how bad they played they got picked. So say MOH comes out and gives his POV he would get slated on here as sour grapes etc.

I'd like to hope somebody with a bit of respect for the fans would come out (Miller, Wallace, Halliday or even Clint Hill) 

1 is a rangers fan, 2 have been here for years and the other has shown the fans more respect than everybody else from what i've seen. As it stands, the players can say what they want, who's going to chin them?

Doesn't need to be a scathing assessment of how shite we are, can just be an honest opinion that the players haven't turned up this season, they didn't believe in the manager and his tactics and they know they are far far off the level they should be..

Instead we get the statement yesterday saying we'll aim for 2nd (9 points away) and we'll reach the cup final....not win the thing, just make the final.

8 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Bingo.

I for one am glad that they have came out and confirmed what the sensible folk on here had guessed for months: Warburton was quite simply way out of his depth.

Miller's a 37 year old striker and we've had more out of him than pretty much any other outfield player

He deserves nothing but credit, of course ideally we wouldn't be relying on someone at this stage of their careers but while it appears we're too skint to bring in much quality I want him to remain here

28 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Funny how us fans can question the fighting spirit but god forbid anyone else especially ex players say anything!!

gilks proved how good he was in the little game time he had but foderingham has been bar the odd mistake the difference between us sitting 3rd or lower down the league.

its no coincidence that these 2 say similar things that the Brentford player said after warburton had finished there. The one common denominator in all 3 stories was the manager

surely its up to the players to show fighting spirit though, aye maybe warburton isnt good at it, or weir for that matter, but did gilks or anyone else try to instill it in the players

Anyhoo... Kenny Miller's best strike of the season was the cobra strike he applied to the roaster who dissed his missus at Da Luciano and the fact he went full-on Chuck Norris mode in the carpark afterwards with 20 wankers makes him my POTY by a considerable distance.

1 hour ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Cos just strange 2 sub goalies in 2 days moaning. So Bell and Gilks were the only ones with a bit of fight and desire then?

Come out and say this stuff when Warburton was still there. All too easy for players to come out criticising when a manager leaves

Bullshit. For people like you it would not matter when they spoke about thier time at Rangers.

Alnwick could be bumping his gums in the papers tomorrow, saying what an arse Murty is.  You'll you be giving it "He shouldn't be undermining the man in charge"

I don't imagine for one second that Gilks or Bell phoned up and said "Hey, do you want the inside story?". The papers will have approached them - possibly about unrelated matters - and used that to weasel in some questions about their time at Rangers.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Why's he exempt though? because he talks a good game in the papers and you find him running about like a headless chicken deep in midfield getting the passes from Kiernan instead of inside the box? .. he's done. I thank him for his contributions over 3 spells and forgive him for his season at Celtic but he shouldn't be here anymore. No one on that playing staff with the exception of Fod should be. 

In my opinion, of course. 

we'd be even more fucked this season if we didn't have him. can't really take you serious if you dismiss miller and see Foderingham as an exception. 

Just now, one55 said:

we'd be even more fucked this season if we didn't have him. can't really take you serious if you dismiss miller and see Foderingham as an exception. 

I've not dismissed what he's offered us this season - if you weren't blind and read the other comments you'd see that. I'm saying for where we want to be, none of them are good enough including Miller but with the exception of Fod who IMO is a good goalkeeper. If you don't think he's a good goalie that's upto you, don't really care? 

5 minutes ago, one55 said:

Foderingham is the exception.

Miller actually contributes very little consistently, it's just that he's been marginally better (and gets more game time) than the others. 

I think had Dodoo been given the same run he'd have contributed just as much. 

I read comments saying how Kenny Miller has won games for us with last minute goals and even one that referred to how many times he has scored in games we have "won by a single goal". He has done remarkably well for us for a player his age and is a real professional. He is not, however, what we should have as our starting striker. One of the reasons his late goals have been so important is because the forward line - with him starting - has failed to score despite massive possession advantage for almost the entire game. And how many games have we won by more than one goal this season? Same problem - dominate the ball but toothless up front - and Kenny Miller has started up front far more than anyone else in the squad. He is very clearly a part of our goal scoring problem despite his undoubted work ethic and willingness to run all over the park and not all alternatives have been given anything like a comparable run of starts by our departed manager.

19 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Gilks was the best keeper in Scotland when he was here. An absolute disgrace he was allowed to leave. I value his opinion greatly and welcome these home truths being put out in the open. Our need for a mass clear out has never been greater. 

I read this in an serious, angry and bombastic voice.

Probably true though.

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Foderingham is the exception.

Miller actually contributes very little consistently, it's just that he's been marginally better (and gets more game time) than the others. 

I think had Dodoo been given the same run he'd have contributed just as much. 

Beats me why Dodoo never had a chance, Waghorn is struggling and could drop out something I never thought I'd say last season as I thought Waghorn would make the step up no problem always worried about his lack of pace, though.