Are the taigs titles tainted?

Gaz52

Are they tainted?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Tainted titles?

Fact is they won those titles without a credible challenger in the league withkit Rangers there.......All of our 54 titles were won with that club in the league, same can not be said of them so ofcourse they are tainted.

People remember stuff like that and no way does it hold the same prestige as their previous haul of 9iar or indeed our own 9iar.

Look at what people say when Mancini won Seria A with Inter.......they almost ridicule it as Juventus were not in the league and Milan had a points deduction. Practically the same for that shower of shite. Even this seasons achievements are tainted imo due to their "sporting integrity" in 2012 which has all but handed them 6, 7, 8 or whatever in a row.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Devalued, however if BTC goes our way this month and White is found guilty their titles will be more than tainted.  The SFA have a duty to be supportive of member clubs even when in difficulty. We all know who was behind sporting integrity and was pulling the strings in the background. 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

True but they still had to win them - even if the competition wasn't really there. 

It's the same as when Andy Murray won Wimbledon .. no-one said it's tainted because Djokovic got knocked before the final. 

For what it's worth I'd never admit it to a tarrier. Any of them I encounter I tell them their titles are tainted fuck them. 

Andy Murray's chairman didn't try to murder his historically superior rival.

Just now, BlueRD said:

Andy Murray's chairman didn't try to murder his historically superior rival.

The point is about the level of competition at the time though. You won't get any argument from me over the top flight clubs in Scotland trying to kill us off through jealousy and hatred/bigotry. 

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

I do sometimes wonder if it was a coincidence that HMRC decided to single us out not long after reid was home secretary ... now if political interference is one day shown to have happened their titles really would be tainted 

That lot being given advanced warning about the Juninho EBT right at the time HMRC started looking at Rangers was rather strange as well.

Whyte fails to pay tax for 9 months HMRC does nothing, Hearts fail to pay tax for 28 days and they are given a winding up order?  If HMRC had taken action against Whyte from the first failed payment things might have been different.

Still don't think we'll ever know the 100% truth about what went on but I've no doubt someone at that lot from across the city were involved somehow in what happened.

No. We don't have a divine right to be in the league and it's still the league if we're not in it. It's just a shite league. It's perfectly reasonable to remember how weak the competition was when they won them though, just like nobody gets too excited about Trevor Berbick beating Muhammad Ali when he was half-disabled. Some titles are greater achievements than others. These last few for Celtic are some of the least impressive ever. Simple as that.

As for the war honours, we DO count our war titles, we just count them as being titles in the War League, because the proper championship was suspended during WW2. It wasn't during the First World War.

Yes .... without a doubt they are .... this was not a normal relegation situation .... but an outright witch hunt and hatred filled attempt to kill us off once and for all .... lead by the Club's biggest rivals ... they may have won these very tainted titles .... but they never killed us off like they intended ..... I will never forget what they tried to do. 

Every single Rangers supporter should never ever forget the circumstances that caused us to be placed at the bottom of Scottish (if not British) football ....... and the main culprits responsible for this were the scum .... who instigated and controlled the outcome  (along with HMRC) from the very start  .... they are also the only ones who have fully benefitted in all areas from our not being in the top division ...... and they are the main reason (Whyte aside) ...... that we find ourselves in the position we are in to-day.

To forget what happened to us .... and try and compare their situation during our 9IAR years as the same as what we have just went through ...... is just not on as they are chalk and cheese situations .... and to even try to apportion any credit to the filth for winning (tainted) titles with us not in the same league .... is wrong ..... just fucking wrong.

Their whole existence is tainted from top to bottom ..... from their bigoted beginnings to this very day ...... fuck them and the day they ever landed on our shores.

History may put their (tainted) titles down as a major achievement .... but as long as Rangers supporters tell it as it really was and is ..... they will not get away with their lies and bullshit as to the true circumstances in which they attained their (tainted) titles.

Also to compare our situation to any other sporting situation is an analogy too far ..... and is clutching at straws in an attempt to strengthen an already weak argument .... come onto fuck gents it is the scum we are talking about here .... isn't it? ..... :p: 

:UK:

ABSOLUTELY. Without a doubt. The bookies will take your money that these will be known as the ASTERISK years. :Fod::mutley::UK:

The LB left them 2 and a half years ago stating it wasn't a challenge any more.
The Glesga Jap stated 2 seasons ago that there was "NO CREDIBLE OPPOSITION"
You can bet its the fuckin asterisk years and these cunts will not be ashamed to claim them.

The thing is, we're back in the premier now. We need to get our arses in order because the current gap isn't acceptable for much longer, it's the first season back yes but there's still a massive amount of work to do.

We can maybe ignore those years but we cannot let those cunts get even close to 9

18 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I think it's a bit cringe people taking comfort from this tbh 

If they manage 10 I'll be gutted regardless of the circumstances around it 

I don't for a moment think anyone will take comfort from this mate ...... but it has to be said that the circumstances were outlandishly unique ... and people need to remember that although it will go down in history as titles .... they are tainted .... as we were not allowed to participate due to the most bizarre set of conditions forced on us by the footballing authorities and every club in the country ..... led by the scum .... there is certainly no comfort .... in most cases it is just not allowing them to get away with their disgusting attempts to kill us off ..... and winning with no competition from us not winning as we know it ..... but tainted.

I would (like everyone) also be gutted mate .... but it hasn't happened yet ..... and that's the only comfort I have at the moment.

:UK:

A couldn't give a rat's arse how they won them why they won them who they played it is irrelevant!!! A want rangers to win titles couldn't care less about titles they won when we weren't even in the same division as long as we stop them getting ten and in turn improve and eventually overtake that's all I give a fuck about dinny waste your time worrying about their past titles worry about our future ones!!!!!!!!!