Tavernier wanted by Forrest

Guest Lloyd72

25 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Any less than £4 million and I'd tell them to fuck off. Not worth that but they bastards across the city are masters of talking their players into mental price tags, it's about time we started ripping the piss too. £4m just to get a seat at the table. Need to be a booster if the seat if the wee diddy McParland has anything to do with it.

They talk people into paying stupid money for players that are playing reasonably well.

Bit different to us going "Aye we got Tav for pennies and he's been utter shite in this league but aye we'll take 4 million"

Don't be ridiculous :lol:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

They talk people into paying stupid money for players that are playing reasonably well.

Bit different to us going "Aye we got Tav for pennies and he's been utter shite in this league but aye we'll take 4 million"

Yeah the amount is debateable but the philosophy is correct. Warburton was obviously happy with how Tav was playing or he would've dropped him so he can't use the "out of form" argument. 

Also we have to factor in he's a starting XI player so we'd have to fork out on someone ready to step in. 

If Warburton wants him he's free to bid, but we should hold him to ransom. 

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I know it's ridiculous hence "he's not worth it" but fuck these cunts! Making stupid money from their TV deal then coming up here to offer us peanuts for players, bout time we played hardball.

Fulham apparently wanted Kiernan for £2m so double that for Tav is hardly Pogba levels of mental. We say £4m, they say £1.5 and we go from there.

Did he not form the first move in the chain that let us equalise with the bheasts? I think pedro will suss out whos staying and whos going in the next few months and who is going to be compatible with his ideas. I like tav but he is sugar or shite since last season. Hopefully PC can reignite him. 

1 minute ago, M0NTY said:

Did he not form the first move in the chain that let us equalise with the bheasts? I think pedro will suss out whos staying and whos going in the next few months and who is going to be compatible with his ideas. I like tav but he is sugar or shite since last season. Hopefully PC can reignite him. 

Yeah by an awful delivery from a free kick. ?

He's never a RB, but with a better formation in front of him there may be a player in there. Remains to be seen how he reacts to Pedro and what Pedro thinks about him. 

12 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

We need to start taking advantage of English clubs willingness to grow cash like confetti mate. 

No he's not worth much but that doesn't matter anymore. The football world has changed in that respect with average players going for obscene amounts. Taking 2-3 mil for tav is penny change to clubs down there so advantage must be taken in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

£2mill for him, £1mill for Kiernan, £1 mill for Waghorn. 

Gives pedro a decent boost in the summer. 

I think he'll try for Windass as well

and Rossiter and poss Dodoo.

Side note ... I think garner will thrive under Pedro.

12 minutes ago, moody blue 1972 said:

should be a clause in all the players contracts that any offers must include taking kiernan

Just watched the SCF again other day .

I have to say . Kiernan is a bombscare of the highest in football terms . I think he was ultimately responsible for us losing this game

I would like to keep him. He is never a defender, but that right midfield role he played against cellic was right up his street and i thought he had a good game. I like him as a player - but played in the right position and the right formation. MWs 4-3-3 was killing him in the premiership

56 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

he also put the cross on a plate for miller at Ibrox. Push him further up the park and he can be a better player. Just keep him away from right back.

4 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Warburtons whole signing strategy is signing players he has worked with or known before . The man is fuckin clueless along with the other two clowns. So hopefully he keeps this up and signs all of the dross he left us with.

It would be no surprise to see him go for Tav, Keirnan, Mackay and Garner. Out of that 4, I would keep Tav.

Yes really.