Belief In Pedro

Cobham

Belief In Pedro  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Given the signing of Alves and the other names being rumoured/linked to us, has your belief in Pedro getting us back to the top changed?

• Increased belief he will get us back to the top.
    • Less belief he will get us back to the top.
    • The same as it was before Alves and linked players.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems to be getting linked with good players.

It'll be interesting to see how our transfer window pans out now that Wolves have appointed a new Portuguese manager. Could he possibly be interested in the same players as Pedro? I read that they were apparently interested in that Cardoso boy that Pedro likes. 

Not the time for this poll to be honest, it is far too premature.

This is one signing, as good as he is, we still have to judge how many more come in to replace our "first" team and what sort of calibre they are before we start jizzing all over keyboards.

2 hours ago, RDFM said:

Yeah I agree I'm pleased at the signing but I think people are hyping up a bit too much.

People have just seen a current European champion sign for Rangers today before jetting off to join his country on international duty. Compare this with the abysmal duds who've littered our club for the last few years . 35 or not I'd say we are perfectly justified in hyping this particular signing to the max.

47 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Not the time for this poll to be honest, it is far too premature.

This is one signing, as good as he is, we still have to judge how many more come in to replace our "first" team and what sort of calibre they are before we start jizzing all over keyboards.

How can it be premature when it's about how you feel now?

16 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Why?

it's more his age than anything

buying players at his age is always a risk and if we paid £500k were never going to get it back unless we win the league

I think £500k is a lot of money for us now and it would be better spent on players we can make a profit from

18 minutes ago, Sandro420 said:

it's more his age than anything

buying players at his age is always a risk and if we paid £500k were never going to get it back unless we win the league

I think £500k is a lot of money for us now and it would be better spent on players we can make a profit from

We are going to get at least 2 years out off him,he was in the euro champions squad in 2016,rob kiernan cost only £300,000 less,a lot of people on here were complaining about letting Clint hill go and he's nearly 39.

for 500,000 i think it will be money well spent personally 

1 hour ago, don logan said:

I'd be more excited about luring Alves and what Alves had say about us and Pedro, if they  didn't share the same agent.

Strange. you do know it's Bruno fucking Alves yea? so it doesn't matter who his agent is it's still Bruno fucking Alves

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Strange. you do know it's Bruno fucking Alves yea? so it doesn't matter who his agent is it's still Bruno fucking Alves

Bruno fucking Alves says some very nice things about our manager. I'd be more excited about these and their sincerity if Bruno fucking Alvez and Pedro didn't share an agent.

4 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Got a lot more faith in him now because of the transfers that look likely to happen, we're bound to secure second place at least now IMO. 

Tactically I still haven't made my mind up, there was good performances and there was bad performances under him - but we need to remember those players weren't his and didnt want to play the style he wanted. He talks a good game and he's a proven winner - albeit in leagues I've never watched but he's got a good reputation in Mexico. He's going to be more aggressive than MW

This pretty much sums up my feelings. 

Don't think 2nd is a absolute guarantee but with Aberdeen losing their captain, possibly Hayes and McInnes it should make 2nd a given. 

We need to get off to a good start in the league. As much as it's great to have European football back my judgement of him will be in the opening few games of the league season and that crucial first encounter with Celtic imo.