Ryan Hardie

Guest Lloyd72

Ryan Hardie  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ryan Hardie be a part of our squad next season?

On 07/06/2017 at 5:11 PM, SuperTav said:

He should be training with the first team along with Aidan Wilson, Beerman and Rudden. If they don't look like breaking into the team by January then by all means send them out on a short loan for the rest of the season.

The way Pedro talks, he wants young Scottish guys at the Club, so I think that the younger ones will still get a chance next season.

Beerman is a terrible defender and should be nowhere near the first team Rudden is nowhere near the level required but has potential same with Wilson. Hardie is not going to make it at the level we aspire too however the one name you omit Barjonas does have a chance and is by far our best hope at the moment of making a breakthrough 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Beerman is a terrible defender and should be nowhere near the first team Rudden is nowhere near the level required but has potential same with Wilson. Hardie is not going to make it at the level we aspire too however the one name you omit Barjonas does have a chance and is by far our best hope at the moment of making a breakthrough 

Agree on Beerman, he is a tidy player but never a defender in a million years, I thought Aidan Wilson looked an excellent prospect.

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

That's because he isn't one. Until recently he was a winger, but these days if you've got pace and can control the ball you'll be considered for a wing back role, even if you're lacking defensive qualities. 

Yes, now is his time. I think like McKay he's benefited from being out on loan. At his age he needs to start doing it with the first team and he deserves his chance as he's put the graft in for years now, I think he could be great for us going forward

Was he not dropped for the semi final after scoring 2 goals to take them there, they get pumped and then throw him back in for the next game and he scores again? 

I would make sure Hardie is contracted for another few seasons and loan him out to at least 1 SPL side next season and the following to see if he can score goals at that level. Will toughen him up too and we won't have to lose him permanently. Win win for the club and player.  

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Was he not dropped for the semi final after scoring 2 goals to take them there, they get pumped and then throw him back in for the next game and he scores again? 

I would make sure Hardie is contracted for another few seasons and loan him out to at least 1 SPL side next season and the following to see if he can score goals at that level. Will toughen him up too and we won't have to lose him permanently. Win win for the club and player.  

Great post re a young bear I would love to have someone come through the ranks and end up putting them away the same way McCoist used to. 

Just now, bluewhitevanman said:

Great post re a young bear I would love to have someone come through the ranks and end up putting them away the same way McCoist used to. 

It's going to take someone young/youngish, who breaks into the team and spends at least 15 years around the first team to ever again get near McCoists record. I thought at one point Boyd maybe could have done it but he decided to leave. Why not Hardie? He has been scoring goals at every level consistently up until Rangers first team. Farm him out to a proper level for 1 or 2 more years and then let him learn from the more experienced guys and play his part. I would like to see him at a Partick Thistle or Motherwell, somewhere like that. See if he can score goals in this league. May not even need 2 years, one season at Thistle and he bangs in 20 goals, he walks into our first team squad the following season. 

51 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It's going to take someone young/youngish, who breaks into the team and spends at least 15 years around the first team to ever again get near McCoists record. I thought at one point Boyd maybe could have done it but he decided to leave. Why not Hardie? He has been scoring goals at every level consistently up until Rangers first team. Farm him out to a proper level for 1 or 2 more years and then let him learn from the more experienced guys and play his part. I would like to see him at a Partick Thistle or Motherwell, somewhere like that. See if he can score goals in this league. May not even need 2 years, one season at Thistle and he bangs in 20 goals, he walks into our first team squad the following season. 

Totally agree I think a season at a lower league club defeats the purpose of a loan with someone at his age, we need to see if he can score goals at the spl level. I'd love a young player to be a Tim slayer 

Can't take his loan spells as a measure of how well he'd do or us. Look at McKay's loan spells, not entirely inspiring, yet a season later he was on our best players (say what you will about his form this season...)

Get him training with the first team, get in involved in pre-season and let's see how he does. Same with the rest of the young lads pushing to make a breakthrough.

Seen the goal he scored Scotland against the Czech and it was another cracking finish. He looks a good talent and deserves to be part of the squad. Not a starter yet but a better option of the bench than Garner or Waghorn.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a long time reader of the forum and never bothered to make an account, I've seen a lot of pish posted in my time but this is something else. 

People claiming he should be in the first team need their heads checked. This myth that he scores goals wherever he goes is nonsense. 

He scored 3 goals for st mirren and was not deemed good enough to start... a side that were rock bottom of the championship. He then joined raith for the second half of the season who were 26 points safe scoring only 6 goals as they plummeted to relegation. Anyone that thinks he is the man who will win us the league is either at it or misinformed entirely. 

I'll await the usual "you're a Tim comments" but these are the facts. He may well be good enough in the future but certainly not this season. 

10 minutes ago, BarcelonaBear1690 said:

I've been a long time reader of the forum and never bothered to make an account, I've seen a lot of pish posted in my time but this is something else. 

People claiming he should be in the first team need their heads checked. This myth that he scores goals wherever he goes is nonsense. 

He scored 3 goals for st mirren and was not deemed good enough to start... a side that were rock bottom of the championship. He then joined raith for the second half of the season who were 26 points safe scoring only 6 goals as they plummeted to relegation. Anyone that thinks he is the man who will win us the league is either at it or misinformed entirely. 

I'll await the usual "you're a Tim comments" but these are the facts. He may well be good enough in the future but certainly not this season. 

Much of which is supposition or opinion, not fact.

But after everything we've been through, and then all the positive additions over the past few weeks, glad you've managed to commit to a post at long last.

Strange it's on a Ryan Hardie thread but hey ho. 

I'll take that as a welcome. My views tend to be against the grain tbh so I refrain. I also have my reservations about signing a bunch of South Americans and portugués players but that's 'wait and see' more than anything else. 

What i do know however is Ryan Hardie is not ready to be playing in a side that should be challenging Celtic