windass interest from 3 clubs

Smile

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Bronzy said:

I'm sure @ForeverAndEver has stated previously that he's a fan of Forrester and that he believes he has a lot of natural ability.

He does; he's talented enough that Ronald de Boer wanted him to sign for Ajax, play for Jong Ajax in the Dutch second division and thought he was good enough to eventually make the first team. And ability wise, he probably could have. 

I'd still get shot of him, as I don't think he's ever going to be consistent enough or have the right attitude. He's a decent player though. 

Windass, on the other hand, is rank. Only capable of looking almost decent for us when there's absolutely no pressure on him; when there's pressure on he goes missing, or goes looking for other players to shout at. Accrington to Rangers was too big a jump for him, especially with the players around him. I'd punt him with a sell-on clause though, as he'll eventually get signed by a team in the Championship for a few million. 

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Doesn't take away from the fact though, made a cunt of a decision :lol: (Don't think I've seen it back)

Handsome bastard.

Doesn't take away from what fact mate?

Hes absolutely piss, as is that whole team from last season

A bit like the Clint Hill scenario.

Not the first I'd be looking to get rid of, think there's a player in there.

But given the players we're bringing in, linked with, and seeing return from injury I'd say getting a fee for him and getting him off the wage bill makes sense.

7 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The lad shows flashes of skill and technique at times. I wish him well in his futute career, but he lacked the bottle to fill our shirt.

His efforts rarely resulted in a Rangers goal so it was a mismatch.

He lacks the grit and determination required to be a Ranger. I don't blame Dean for that, i blame MW for signing yet another player without the innate winning mentality we demand as a support.

I Hope Windass goes to a team better suited to his style of play. Scottish football is far too fast and physical for him.

Hope he dumps the camp hearband and gets a short back and sides too. :whistle:

Quite right not to blame Josh's dad for his shite form.?

Guest Lloyd72
8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Would keep.

Would also keep Forrester, our best player.

Forrester is too much of a hot head, if he actually gave a fuck he'd be worth keeping

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If Windass could improve his decision making, he would be good in my opinion.

No, 100% serious.

On paper they have the physical tools but neither have the mentality to be a success as a top footballer nevermind doing it at Rangers.

Like so many players last year he was not good enough. We cant have players that might come good in a few years or ones that if we played this way it would suit him.

The more we get rid of the better chance we have of replacing them with better.

Ideal Windass if you could give Martyn a lift down when you are going!

He has ability, just not the mentality. 

It was summed up when he shhhd the fans when we scored against Aberdeen. 

Why does he think that's acceptable? We were still getting beat and hadn't been beat in a quarter of a century. Like so many of the players they just don't understand what it means. 

I've said it before, and will say it again...

Forrester - looks like a really good player, tactically aware and can take players on... FOR the first 15 minutes of each game he starts... then he looks absolutely cunted and out of breath.

Windass - pushed off the ball too easy. He was the one I was more excited about last year than any others. I thought he would be ideal attacking midfielder, in our supposed 'attack minded team' (who pissed the ball about the midfield and didn't actually attack / shoot). 

MOH - doesn't look interested. However... I think he would play really well in the Taigs team. Why? Because the teams against the taigs always back off, and give their attackers and midfielders about 5-10 yards of space.... letting them do their own thing and style of play. Teams against us got stuck in, and knew that we folded under pressure when losing the ball. MOH doesn't seem to like this. 

2 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I've said it before, and will say it again...

Forrester - looks like a really good player, tactically aware and can take players on... FOR the first 15 minutes of each game he starts... then he looks absolutely cunted and out of breath.

Windass - pushed off the ball too easy. He was the one I was more excited about last year than any others. I thought he would be ideal attacking midfielder, in our supposed 'attack minded team' (who pissed the ball about the midfield and didn't actually attack / shoot). 

MOH - doesn't look interested. However... I think he would play really well in the Taigs team. Why? Because the teams against the taigs always back off, and give their attackers and midfielders about 5-10 yards of space.... letting them do their own thing and style of play. Teams against us got stuck in, and knew that we folded under pressure when losing the ball. MOH doesn't seem to like this. 

Don't agree with this at all, MOH is an absolutely horrible football player. He's possibly the worst player technically in our squad right now.