This needs to stop

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's more Barca and Madrid tops than Rangers tops these days, sad times.

To be fair though sporty gear isn't really as popular these days

If we brought out a replica of the old V neck tops with some official skinny jeans they'd sell plenty

But yes this has gone on too far. Yes we all have the option of buying tops if we want to, many will know that I've been against boycotts from the beginning but the vast majority don't want to buy tops so I haven't bought one.

But if this isn't sorted by the beginning of the season then serious questions need to be asked, the board need to address this issue and at least give us an update

It just looks like handbags between a fat greedy bastard and a skinny useless bastard.  King needs to get to the negotiation stage because at the end of the day Ashley is that much of a bitter prick that he'll think he's winning even tho he'll be losing money on the deal.

But he's making King look like a right dafty.  Liewell and Desmond will be pishing themselves at King over this cause he looks like a spineless clown

We've not lost any generation ffs. Talk about being over dramatic.

The strips don't matter a fuck. It's to do with the dads. If you have a son, he'll be a Rangers man, and his son and so on. 

Folk looking too much into it, if anyone allows their son to be a Celtic fan then they were never a bear in the first place.

Sick of reading this shite.

4 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

We've not lost any generation ffs. Talk about being over dramatic.

The strips don't matter a fuck. It's to do with the dads. If you have a son, he'll be a Rangers man, and his son and so on. 

Folk looking too much into it, if anyone allows their son to be a Celtic fan then they were never a bear in the first place.

Sick of reading this shite.

Getting your new top and merch throughout the year as a kid excites you tho

Buying kids tops etc defo goes a long way to making them love the Club

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

How many folk actually have this season's top? I know a few folk who do.

Are they reduced price in SD yet? Mite buy one if their cheap now that I think about it

I got my boy one. Normally buy him all three strips but he just got the 1. A wee sort of compromise.

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Getting your new top and merch throughout the year as a kid excites you tho

Buying kids tops etc defo goes a long way to making them love the Club

Nah, sitting around the family watching an away game and everycunt going mental is what gives them the bug. A strip helps right enough but I think people are over estimating how important it is. My son knew pretty quickly that supporting that mob was a total non option. I don't buy this "let them do what they want" shite. It's either Rangers or they can be fostered.

Can only speak for my own kids but my eldest wasn't that fussed on football until I took him to a couple of games at the end of last season. Always bought him the strips and he'd wearing them now and again, since he's been to ibrox he's nearly always got one of the three strips on and is always talking about Rangers and asking to go again. What I'm saying is taking them to enjoy the football will keep a generation interested far more than a bad retail deal will keep them away. 

2 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Can only speak for my own kids but my eldest wasn't that fussed on football until I took him to a couple of games at the end of last season. Always bought him the strips and he'd wearing them now and again, since he's been to ibrox he's nearly always got one of the three strips on and is always talking about Rangers and asking to go again. What I'm saying is taking them to enjoy the football will keep a generation interested far more than a bad retail deal will keep them away. 

I've took my son since he was two. He's obsessed with us. Knows all the players old and new. Dates of birth etc. 

Only talks about football. Actually does my nut in how much he goes on and I love football.

At a game he never takes his eyes of the ball. Goes mental when I leave early with him so we can get home 

Just now, Queen's_highway said:

I've took my son since he was two. He's obsessed with us. Knows all the players old and new. Dates of birth etc. 

Only talks about football. Actually does my nut in how much he goes on and I love football.

At a game he never takes his eyes of the ball. Goes mental when I leave early with him so we can get home 

Mine is 4, he's now really into us and wanting to go all the time. Dreading the tantrums when I leave without him next season already lol. He's sitting with me the now telling Portugal to get Rangers new player on the pitch. :lol:

Mind my youngest wanted to support hearts cause he liked the colour of the strip, one trip to Ibrox cured that, after 20 mins he was moaning cause the then GR4 was too quiet and there wasn't enough singing for him to give it laldy to.

Only one strip was asked for and bought after that.

Kids tend to sway with the crowd rather than ho against it. If everybody wears celtic tops it becomes more fashionable and appealing to the young generation. 

Especially when all they see is older guys wearing old ones. They dont have the same appeal to wains. New tops do and people want to be the first to wear them with their fav player on the back.

25 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Mine is 4, he's now really into us and wanting to go all the time. Dreading the tantrums when I leave without him next season already lol. He's sitting with me the now telling Portugal to get Rangers new player on the pitch. :lol:

Didn't even know they were playing. Is two of our players on the bench? Oh and one for Mexico? Checking on livescore. Not sure as it's hard to keep up the now and remember names ??

16 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Kids tend to sway with the crowd rather than ho against it. If everybody wears celtic tops it becomes more fashionable and appealing to the young generation. 

Especially when all they see is older guys wearing old ones. They dont have the same appeal to wains. New tops do and people want to be the first to wear them with their fav player on the back.

What a load of shite.

It's actually quite an important topic, especially for our club but easily dismissed by anyone not able to appreciate the severity of the issue. blaming Scottish football for the lack of Rangers tops seen out and about is the type of clueless dismissive rubbish i mean. It's utter nonsense. 

12 minutes ago, jackunion said:

My wee boy is the only bear in his class, few of them turned judas this season as well. 

And no it's not a tarrier school.

I have a few teachers in my family and this isn't a one off thing but actually happening in non Dom schools.