Gazza or laudrup

stewaj3

Gazza or laudrup  

207 members have voted

1. 1. You can only have one in your team.. Who would you pick and why?

• Gazza
    • Laudrup

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BearInTheWood said:

Gonna be tough to call the poll. LaudrupĀ isĀ a good bit ahead so far but I know that will probably change to a more even split by tonight.

We won't have 2 players of that immense quality in our team again for a while yet, if ever.

Was good times!

to think now we have mckay and windass... lol

This will ultimately come down to professionalism. If Gascoigne had lived his life in a different manner, and been a model pro, he'd have been on a whole different level. Likewise, if Laudrup had lived Gascoignes life, he'd have been nowhere near as good as he was.Ā 

Talent wise, theres no comparison. Gascoignes the best naturally gifted footballer ive ever seen.

Laudrup is the best import into Scottish football by a country mile, yes Gazza was good but Laudrup was something else.

LaudrupĀ is still the best player to Grace Scottish football since the Souness revolution and there have been some players, The mhanky mob go on about LarrsonĀ Ā but I would have Brain all day long in my team as he could beat a player , had close control,speed , and knew how to find the net.

Yes Gazza was outstanding in 8 in a row against Aberdeen but Laudrup was outstanding and to the date the best display I have ever seen in a Rangers jersey when we pumped Hearts 5-1 in the Scottish cup final. Durie got a hat tick , Laudrup got the MOTM. Ā 

I dream one day I will see a player of that class playing for us again.Ā 

1 minute ago, gersandy said:

If your going on ability and talent, then gazza hands down. Probably one of the best footballersĀ of that generation.

I picked Laudrup though, as he'd be more consistent, and a better team player.Ā 

Laudrup had more ability and talent also, Gazza was never the same player after the Fa cup,final against Forest, even at Lazio he was good but never what he could have been and if he never got that injury he would have stayed in Italy or back to England and a top club.Ā 

Didn't vote as I can't choose

The two greatest players to ever play in Scotland at least in my life time

2 different styles of player

2 different personalities

2 different attitudes

2 world class footballers who were a joy to behold

Don't see how anyone can choose one over the other, Ā all I know is that we were truly blessed to have both of them, and at the same time as well. Love both of them

Really difficult decision this.

I think I would say Gazza based on pure footballing ability, he could have played in any team.

I can only dream we ever see a player like these two at Ibrox again. I feel for myĀ wee man, he's had to start off watching the likes of Waghorn.

45 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Laudrup for me , I just remember him constantly destroying that shower of shite from the east end whenever I reminisce of his time at Rangers, though I loved Gascoigne as well.

The first season especially ... you could see the fear in opposition eyes that we had such a great player in our ranksĀ :Fod: