Dave King - "Fans and Supporters"

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people should just not talk to the press, he's worse than Boris Johnson. 

Doesn't Dave King in his business language understand all stakeholders are important?

Just because I no longer have a season ticket, and all I can do is buy merchandise, travel up from England for the occasional game, and subscribe to Rangers TV doesn't mean I don't have a voice.

What next Dave? Only shareholders should be listened to? After that.. only shareholders who have at least 5% stake?

The guy is tragic and should just keep his mouth shut and do his job.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

He's correct in what he says those people that put money in through STs etc has got to be his number 1 priority. Could've worded it better but that's what he means

Sarcastic like

I'm going to have to start the king boabie in your mouth talk again.

22 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

not saying that - but I would listen to the opinion of supporter who makes the effort to go to the games before a fan sitting in a pub. 

And I was at Manchester - at the game - rather not talk about why there was so many there

Why do they have less of an insight into the club than me or you? 

I couldn't get a ticket for Manchester but still went does make me less of a Bear for one day. 

It was a stupid interview, Ive no idea why he came out with that rubbish. Even more baffled that the media dept didn't ask if we really wanted to put this out. 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He's correct in what he says those people that put money in through STs etc has got to be his number 1 priority. Could've worded it better but that's what he means

He's as well binning RTV and tell Narsa to fuck off the next time he's there.

The guy is a prick and I thought I had been to critical of him so decided that I would rein it in a bit but he's just now running his mouth off at any operchancity that he gets and Is getting on ma tits again. This is starting to remind me of the going for 55 nonsense when he thought we would put a challenge up to the beasts from the east, he would be in the papers shouting all sorts then when it starts going tits up he fucked off then missed the remembrance of our dearly departed 66 but came back when he needed dough for STs. Maybe I'm being overly cynical but I just can't take to him but the cunt Is now insulting his own fans or supporters whichever we are meant to be. Wanker 

Fuckng Pathetic statement to come away with.

Says the fanny who stays in south Africa.

Some fans may not be able to afford getting to matches or be ill to attend etc.

Should be able to follow and support your team any way you can.

All rangers as one.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

“I differentiate supporters from fans, and in all the statements I issue from the club, I am very careful about when I talk about supporters and when I talk about fans. Supporters are always fans, but fans are not always supporters. So, when I look at the club, I talk about those that are buying season tickets in record numbers every season. I’m talking about the 50,000 supporters that arrived at Ibrox for the first game in the Third Division and gave the record UK crowd.

“There are some fans out there, and all clubs have them, who to me are not actually true supporters and there is a noise level out there which, to me, I should completely ignore. I’m really interested what the real supporters want and what we are doing for the club is for the real supporters.

“All supporters are fans but not all fans are supporters. You’ve got Rangers fans who will criticise the manager after the first game.

“And they’ll tweet and they’ll blog and they’ll insult. They’ll use language that a supporter would never use about their club."

He says the board have the supporters full backing: “I’d say completely. I’ve never had a sense otherwise. Ever. Not even remotely.

“The supporters will judge that but even if we couldn’t do it, I don’t know if it was necessarily a
credibility issue.

“It’s an area where I guess the supporters at the time of regime change put their trust in a group of people and part of that trust was believing we could achieve this sort of thing.

“It’s good to have done it. It would’ve been very disappointing had we let them down.”

All season ticket holders have never thought Dave King has done anything wrong. 

Not even when Gilligan was Arguing with season ticket holders at Ibrox.

56 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

This interview was on RTV so it's as if he got ambushed by a dodgy question, he knew what was coming. Somebody in charge of media should've asked the question do we really want to put this out there. 

I was wondering that.

Who watched, edited and then released this video. Just opened us up for scrutiny which we don't need. It's been a great week then we allow this. I like the work king has done but he should be barred from interviews. He can't keep his mouth shut. 

If you have a message yo send out there is a way of going about it. He is like a bull in a China shop and the social media team should of realised this would give the press pages and pages to write about us

When I read it i thought ..

"When you're riding high in the saddle, sometimes it best just to enjoy the scenery"

Love what you've done this week Dave but your actions speak louder than words & these words detract from your actions.

I can understand what he says but it's not the time to say it 

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why do they have less of an insight into the club than me or you? 

I couldn't get a ticket for Manchester but still went does make me less of a Bear for one day. 

It was a stupid interview, Ive no idea why he came out with that rubbish. Even more baffled that the media dept didn't ask if we really wanted to put this out. 

This is my take on fan, supporter, a fan wants their team to do well and win - a supporter goes to see them do well and win. Regarding Manchester I know a lot of supporters couldn't get tickets and feel for them but also I know people who went there having never seen Rangers in their lives and never since

2 minutes ago, cameron1873 said:

I was wondering that.

Who watched, edited and then released this video. Just opened us up for scrutiny which we don't need. It's been a great week then we allow this. I like the work king has done but he should be barred from interviews. He can't keep his mouth shut. 

If you have a message yo send out there is a way of going about it. He is like a bull in a China shop and the social media team should of realised this would give the press pages and pages to write about us

I honestly think he gets carried away and has some sort of God Complex where he thinks he can speak for everyone.

3 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

This is my take on fan, supporter, a fan wants their team to do well and win - a supporter goes to see them do well and win. Regarding Manchester I know a lot of supporters couldn't get tickets and feel for them but also I know people who went there having never seen Rangers in their lives and never since

He seems to be saying that everyone except season ticket holders are only "fans" though and hold no valid opinions.

By his logic we are a very poorly supported club. 

I can barely handle listening to the guy. Knows absolutely nothing about football, and apparently doesn't seem to enjoy it that much.

Why's he bringing up the humping from the scum again? Fuck sake we got a doing from them at Ibrox, there was nothing positive about it.

The other point is yes well done for sorting out the retail issue, and apparently getting ashley out the way. But to be honest that's the least that should have happened. A competent chairman with some financial clout would have had it all sorted out years ago.

Whats happened is our opinion of him and the board is so low, that anything positive they've done seems brilliant, when really it was the bare minimum they should have long since done.