Starting Lineup First Europa League Qualifier

mandocpb

Just now, Tenerife Bear said:

That's even more concerning then...

It is I agree but think we'll get through without too much trouble even with the team we think will be played

Would like to have seen all the new guys play but suppose it's not viable to have 7/8 players debut

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

That's even more concerning then...

It will change greatly in coming weeks with fitness but I'd imagine Dorrans for Holt, Candeias for Miller, Pena for Kranjcar and either Herrera or Morelos for Waghorn. Throw Rossiter in there too. The lineup will change greatly in due course. 

Ive started to wonder about Kranjcars position in the last few days. Given he was never the most energetic players, and with his obvious fitness troubles, it would be interesting to see him sitting in a deeper role in certain games, dictating play, with someone like Jack or Dorrans alongside doing the "dirty work".

On the ball, passing, touch, and awareness, theres no doubting his ability, it was bordering on embarrassing watching him trying to chase players about however. I'll say it, and im not comparing his ability to him before anyone starts that, but in a Pirlo type role in his latter days. 

Edit: i think Pedro even described him as a "quarter back"

5 hours ago, mandocpb said:

Got a funny feeling the gaffer will go for something like this Tomorrow night, I think Holt will get the nod in front of Rossy due to lack of game time for Rossy last year.

I'd like to give you the nod for saying "Rossy" 

Fod

Tav    Bates    Cardoso    Wallace

Rossiter  Jack

Dalcio   Kranjcar     Miller  

Morelos

Alnwick, McCrorie, Hodson, Holt, Pena, Herrera, Candeias

PC said in his presser that 4 new signings would start, and that he told the players the team on Monday, and Candeias only got clearance today I think. He was also really complementary of McCrorie. 

On that basis I expect we'll see...

Fod

Tav Cardoso McCrorie Wallace

Jack Holt (or Rossiter)

Krancjar

Miller Morelos Dalcio 

Pena, Herrera and Candeias getting action from the bench. 

Have the heavy fear that Waghorn will start though. 

Tomorrow night is going to be amazing. However, the negativity around Waghorn is unnecessary. Was he shite last year? Undoubtedly. Will he be shite this season, indeed is he just shite, full stop. Probably. 

But can i just say to all bears/bearettes, just enjoy the occasion tomorrow night and dont turn it into a 'Waggyfest'.

It's a full house, summer football, new signings, new impetus - lets focus on that! 

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Tomorrow night is going to be amazing. However, the negativity around Waghorn is unnecessary. Was he shite last year? Undoubtedly. Will he be shite this season, indeed is he just shite, full stop. Probably. 

But can i just say to all bears/bearettes, just enjoy the occasion tomorrow night and dont turn it into a 'Waggyfest'.

It's a full house, summer football, new signings, new impetus - lets focus on that! 

Somebody forgot to tell the weather that part mate. :anger:

Screenshot_20170629-031204.png

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Pena, Herrera and Candeias getting action from the bench.

At Pedros interview yesterday he spoke Spanish at the end. This was translated to say that none of the Mexicans will play as not fit enough yet.