Pedro Caxinha: Stay or go?

Virtuoso

Stay or go  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro

He has overseen three of our worst results in my lifetime and he's only been here since mid March...

He simply doesn't deserve a chance and should be booted out ASAP before we (inevitably) suffer more embarrassing results under him.

What an absolute disaster he has been.

3 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

What is with this give it to Xmas bollocks?What the fuck is going to change?

id love to see him sacked tonight, the guy is a fucking onion. he embarrassed us over those two games. his signings have been rank and his football is easy to cope with, he can fuck off with that 4-3-3 pish, Warburton is a better manager, i actually hate the cunt. 

Really disappointed with the poll so far. 

It's an old cliche, but he needs time, and he needs support also, from the fans and the board.

Look at the tims last year losing to an even weaker team from Gibraltar! Look at Strachan when he took over them also, losing 5-0 to Artmedia in Europe!!!! Then he won 3 titles in a row.

It is ridiculous to want him gone when the players don't even know each other yet.

They might play in a small country but there truly are no pushovers in these games anymore. We need to let these players and manager get some cohesion, some trust and some breathing space from pressure. They are out of Europe, and now they can and should be able to go away and lick their wounds and come back ready for the domestic season. We clearly are not ready for this step, and if we had won, I have no doubt it would only give false hope and I'm sure we would lose in the following round.

It was a bad night, but it is still far too early in the summer to judge them. Dust down and move on.

last night was disappointing but i think getting rid of him right now will do us more harm than good. i'd give him to the end of the year at the most and decide then. 

he's only had 2 games with his own players so i feel it's a bit too early to decide.

It's an old cliche, but he needs time, and he needs support also, from the fans and the board.

Look at the tims last year losing to an even weaker team from Gibraltar! Look at Strachan when he took over them also, losing 5-0 to Artmedia in Europe!!!! Then he won 3 titles in a row.

It is ridiculous to want him gone when the players don't even know each other yet.

They might play in a small country but there truly are no pushovers in these games anymore. We need to let these players and manager get some cohesion, some trust and some breathing space from pressure. They are out of Europe, and now they can and should be able to go away and lick their wounds and come back ready for the domestic season. We clearly are not ready for this step, and if we had won, I have no doubt it would only give false hope and I'm sure we would lose in the following round.

It was a bad night, but it is still far too early in the summer to judge them. Dust down and move on.

agree with you

3 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

We lost our lead to part timers m8, all we had to do was stop them scoring, that's the difference.

7 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

I'm disappointed your disappointed.

He probably will get until Christmas since the board have backed him with so much cash.

Going to be a fucking long 6 months. I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed watching us. 

Even the Aberdeen game up at Pittodrie was largely shite until they capitulated towards the end.

5 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We lost our lead to part timers m8, all we had to do was stop them scoring, that's the difference.

It happens, regularly! That is football. I actually said to my mate after the first game, that I felt we needed to score over there as I was 100% convinced they would score at home. They may part time, but they could play a bit, and had a team full of young fit guys having a ball. In the 2nd half at Ibrox, they showed a few times they could move the ball, fast, and with only a 1 goal lead, the upset was always a possibility.

We can't panic over this.

At the end of last season, the general consensus seemed to be that it didn't matter who we had in charge, the players were so bad that nobody could get them playing. Well I actually think we're now looking at the opposite situation: it doesn't matter who we have on the pitch, the manager is that clueless that they won't perform no matter what.

I don't think we'll know how good or bad the majority of our players are until they are actually being managed properly.

4 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

It happens, regularly! That is football. I actually said to my mate after the first game, that I felt we needed to score over there as I was 100% convinced they would score at home. They may part time, but they could play a bit, and had a team full of young fit guys having a ball. In the 2nd half at Ibrox, they showed a few times they could move the ball, fast, and with only a 1 goal lead, the upset was always a possibility.

We can't panic over this.

We didn't have to score, we were ahead, Pedro got the tatics all wrong, he's taken responsibility, any manager who is unsure of his players would have played a more defensive game, shut up shop.

We again dominated possession they let us have the ball and took their chances, it was another nightmare performance under Pedro.

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

They had NEVER won a European game before. They brought about 12 fans over to watch them. This is not a case of "ah well, bit of a shock but these things happen in football". It's total and utter humiliation.

The had scored 1 goal in Europe before :lol: 

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

They had NEVER won a European game before. They brought about 12 fans over to watch them. This is not a case of "ah well, bit of a shock but these things happen in football". It's total and utter humiliation.

It is inexplicable to me that some just don't see this. This humiliation is unique because the opposition were so humble. If we begin expecting this sort of result as one of those things then we will never win a league again.

5 minutes ago, OhW said:

Not the point at all. We have just been humiliated by a team that was beaten 3-0 by Shamrock Rovers last season.

Yes, but Shamrock Rovers are not the worst in the world. I see they had a 0-0 at home against them, so they are not terrible.

Mate this is where we are. Let the new players get in and get settled, and let them atone for their poor performance.

1 minute ago, Blue Blooded said:

Yes, but Shamrock Rovers are not the worst in the world. I see they had a 0-0 at home against them, so they are not terrible.

Mate this is where we are. Let the new players get in and get settled, and let them atone for their poor performance.

In perspective....
The team that beat Rangers last night finished 20 points behind Differdange last season.

Cliftonville beat Differdange 3-1 over 2 legs!

5 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

It is inexplicable to me that some just don't see this. This humiliation is unique because the opposition were so humble. If we begin expecting this sort of result as one of those things then we will never win a league again.

It's a cunt, but move on. If Pedro had gone over there and defended, (with a new defensive line) it would have been more dangerous, in theory. Imagine all the fans wondering why we are not going for the jugular and defending a 1-0 lead against the 'part-timers'. They would be up in arms. Getting the first goal would have killed the tie and he was right to pursue it.

He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

4 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

It's a cunt, but move on. If Pedro had gone over there and defended, (with a new defensive line) it would have been more dangerous, in theory. Imagine all the fans wondering why we are not going for the jugular and defending a 1-0 lead against the 'part-timers'. They would be up in arms. Getting the first goal would have killed the tie and he was right to pursue it.

He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

No, he is just fucking clueless. I didn't see any hint we had any objective in mind frankly.

It looks to me as if it's a matter of time (before Xmas) that Pedro will move on one way or the other.

He isn't someone who handles the media pressure well and tends to give them new material every week. The shite about green boots made him look a fool who can't get his priorities right or/and someone who knows he'll need seige mentality to maintain support amongst supporters.

I doubt all the players respect him tbh and it has to be said that it was an awful appointment.

2 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

I'd give him until October to finish getting his team together, gel and go on a run. If we are underperforming still by October he needs to go.

I'd like until about Xmas myself, but regardless of how long we give him, he needs to have support for as long as he is here. It is counterproductive otherwise.