Rambo1872

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

But remember Celtic boys club are "a separate and distinct identity" from Celtic fc ..........?

and if you you were affected by any issues relating to child abuse at Celtic Boys Club please contact Celtic FC directy, don't go to the police. 

What puzzles me is why can the SPFL adjudicate on a matter that happened between 2001 to 2009 when the SPFL only came in to being in June 2013 as an organization?

The SFA which is the ruling body regards Scottish football has already knocked this on the head, so if the SPFL come to the conclusion that titles should be stripped they are heading for stormy waters and will kill Scottish football stone dead.

19 minutes ago, unionunderground said:

and if you you were affected by any issues relating to child abuse at Celtic Boys Club please contact Celtic FC directy, don't go to the police. 

Yes, yes indeed as they have a "clean" name to uphold?

If other Scottish clubs join this witch hunt against us, in trying to Strip Titles from us,Maybe its time the Rangers support showed our true strength in Scottish football,and do what we did to Mike Ashley with our kit deal, boycott worked then it will work again if we only go to games at Ibrox, I think the Scum and the Sheep directors would shit themselves if we applied a lifetime boycott of there shitty grounds. Don't give them any cash from our massive support sod them all...

4 minutes ago, hellfirejet said:

If other Scottish clubs join this witch hunt against us, in trying to Strip Titles from us,Maybe its time the Rangers support showed our true strength in Scottish football,and do what we did to Mike Ashley with our kit deal, boycott worked then it will work again if we only go to games at Ibrox, I think the Scum and the Sheep directors would shit themselves if we applied a lifetime boycott of there shitty grounds. Don't give them any cash from our massive support sod them all...

Makes f all difference,people were saying that when we went to the lower divisions,that Motherwell,Killie etc wouldn't survive without us,never happened

Davie Hay in the ET today comparing us to Juve and Olympic drugs cheats.

Open season. Time for the club to say something pretty strong about shit like this. Sounds kinda defamatory to me.

17 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Davie Hay in the ET today comparing us to Juve and Olympic drugs cheats.

Open season. Time for the club to say something pretty strong about shit like this. Sounds kinda defamatory to me.

It is absolutely ridiculous. A load of utter nonsense. Has the Hivees manager starting spouting his 'financial doping' pish again yet?

The Scotsman is running a poll, as if it is a matter for the vox populi. They may as well just run a poll asking should Rangers be shut down and be done with it.

2 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Any attempt to strip titles would be a long and painful exercise for all parties involved.

No one will have the stomach for it. If they're mad enough to give it a go it'll be doomed to failure. 

With the bitterness shown towards us in this country? This won't go away until we deal with it, and deal with it we must. 

We're being compared to athletes and other football teams that have used performance enhancing drugs, its becoming fucking ridiculous, if it wasn't already. 

I can only hope that right now we're taking our time and preparing a very strongly worded statement. 

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

It is absolutely ridiculous. A load of utter nonsense. Has the Hivees manager starting spouting his 'financial doping' pish again yet?

Neil '20th Century Fox in the box' Lennon?

Oh, probably.

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

The Scotsman is running a poll, as if it is a matter for the vox populi. They may as well just run a poll asking should Rangers be shut down and be done with it.

Fuckin darren o'tarrier wont be far behind

Any club who campaign to have us stripped of titles we ought to boycott. Don't visit their grounds. Now I know our support is very loyal and there will always be people who turn up to support the team no matter what and I understand that so if you do decide to go then don't buy anything from them. No programs, drinks, or pies. Give them nothing and see how they like it.

They want to hurt us then we'll fucking hurt them back.

If they keep up the pressure then the club has to take  a stand and boycott the away games or take a very small allocation.

Even if some fans do decide to go they would still have plenty empty seats loss of programme money and there food outlets.

We fill Ibrox only hit them hard !!!!  The English media will start reporting on the way we're getting treated by Scottish football and the media up here and what a joke they all are.

Sky and BT sport know it's us thats the biggest fish up here that's why they followed us up the divisions.

Were a big strong support who have more power than we realise we need to start using it.

DK did release a statement

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-message

THIS statement is made in my capacity as a former director and shareholder of Oldco to provide supporters with the true position following the final tax ruling and to correct any false impression created by David Murray’s conflicting evidence in the Craig Whyte trial. It is unfortunate that we have already witnessed typical bouts of hysterical reporting from certain sections of the media and we should continue to ignore those responsible by boycotting their publications and outlets.

The Celtic board issued a statement agitating for a re-opening and reversal of the decisions previously made when, in fact, nothing has changed. It is disappointing that they have attempted to influence the footballing authorities to alter its historic football honours by calling on administrators and lawyers to achieve off the pitch what its teams failed to do on the pitch.

As an investor and board member during the period of the so-called benefit I can categorically assure all supporters that the Club received no benefit whatsoever. The opposite is true as the effect on the Club was wholly negative. It was charged huge sums for advice from other Murray Group entities and it bore the consequences when that advice proved inadequate. Every single player that was signed during that period would have been signed whether the Murray Group tax scheme was in place or not. The real beneficiary was the Murray Group.

All board members were aware during that period that we were often deliberately spending more than we earned and this was reported in the annual financial statements. The cash needed to fund any shortfall came from share placements, shareholder loans, and third-party bank finance. As David Murray was personally dealing with transfer expenditure, I sought assurances in a board meeting each year that he would stand behind any deficit that could not be immediately funded if he over extended in the transfer market. He gave these assurances and he honoured them until the Murray Group got into financial difficulty.

Put simply, the Murray Group tax scheme helped David Murray reduce his overall investment into Oldco while simultaneously reducing any reliance on increased third-party bank finance. The benefit went exclusively to David Murray and the Murray Group. Whether the scheme was in place or not, or whether it survived tax scrutiny or not, made no difference whatsoever to the playing squad of the Club during that period and hence had no impact on the performance on the pitch. We won all of our titles fair and square.

A good analogy of what happened at the time is the present position following regime change. As we rebuild the squad we are deliberately and transparently spending beyond our income. Once we commit to expenditure it is my job to secure the required funding. If I create a scheme (as David Murray thought he had) that reduced the amount of cash needed to support the Club then I would save on my required investment – but the Club and the player squad would be exactly the same.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not looking at such a scheme. Given the negative consequences for the Club of such financial engineering in the past, I cannot conceive of any circumstances in which that might change. While I am Chairman, Rangers’ overspending will always be on a sustainable and robust basis and one that safeguards the future of our Club.

It is reassuring to note that the SFA promptly and correctly put out a statement confirming, against Celtic’s attempt to influence, that the final tax ruling has no impact whatsoever on the practical and legal findings already made. This is now another matter that we can finally put behind us.