Dave King statement on "Big tax case"

6 hours ago, plumbGER said:

What legal grounds does Liewell have to pursue this? 

What rule was broken?

None, he is playing to the gallery of the loeest common denominator in the beggar fanbase.

I agree, there is no mechanism for title stripping. so why is Liewell agitating the crowds? I see it has a power play to make changes within the SFA  that will leave Rangers in a position where it will be impossible to get representation on those boards. BTW I'm not DK's biggest fan but that was a very good statement from him. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, gsa said:

Haha!! I've never seen that. 

Yeah it was a real school of hard knocks. A couple of times a year it was too cold to swim in the pool and there is nothing worse than running out of coals for the brai. 

You've been away far to long.  It's spelt Braai.:whistle:

8 hours ago, danger ranger said:

They have been undermining Scottish football for years and there is only one path to go down and that is to completely destroy the fabric of scottish football and we stand in their way.

A statement of defence is not nearly enough, a statement of attack is needed and the defence of scottish football will have to happen sooner than later, the three main clubs at the heart of the attacks are all of Catholic Irish origin and the origin of sectarianism in Scottish football, that's a revealing fact that all Rangers fans should know that they hate us with all their heart and soul.

:tu:

International Football Association Board. IFAB  is the universal decision-making body for the Laws of the Game of association football. Maybe They need to step in and stop these clubs from 'agitating and influencing' this witch hunt on Rangers and undermining association rules. 

I am not keen on Mr King being Chairman of our great club but credit has to go out to him for that statement.

Hopefully the wider Rangers community will listen to the chairman when he asks for boycotts of certain media publications, starting with the Rhecord.

46 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree, there is no mechanism for title stripping. so why is Liewell agitating the crowds? I see it has a power play to make changes within the SFA  that will leave Rangers in a position where it will be impossible to get representation on those boards. BTW I'm not DK's biggest fan but that was a very good statement from him. 

It's going to get interesting when the shit hits the fan, over the next few days they will attack, I hope King has the guts to go head to head with all comers.

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

It's going to get interesting when the shit hits the fan, over the next few days they will attack, I hope King has the guts to go head to head with all comers.

I hope DK has the guts too.  There is no mechanism for title stripping I believe that is just smoke and mirrors to push for the changes. I see this agitation as being to bring the SFA down and to block Rangers from having any representation on a new SFA structure.

2 hours ago, NamibianBear said:

I am not keen on Mr King being Chairman of our great club but credit has to go out to him for that statement.

Hopefully the wider Rangers community will listen to the chairman when he asks for boycotts of certain media publications, starting with the Rhecord.

Na. Only the para about those cunts on the park was decent, with the rest a bit like my posts. Losing the fucking will to live by the end of it.

Without naming anyone, I would have come out with the innuendo of clubs in the UK in general and Scotland in particaulr, using the other tax planning avoidance products, giving them the worry beads where the cap fits and we all know exactly who we are talking about. Let them all know we will not be lying down and prepared to go down and dirty.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Na. Only the para about those cunts on the park was decent, with the rest a bit like my posts. Losing the fucking will to live by the end of it.

Without naming anyone, I would have come out with the innuendo of clubs in the UK in general and Scotland in particaulr, using the other tax planning avoidance products, giving them the worry beads where the cap fits and we all know exactly who we are talking about. Let them all know we will not be lying down and prepared to go down and dirty.

Seeing as your expectations are based in an alternative reality where club chairman  become anonymous messageboard posters for a day, your view is as meaningful as it often is.

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

:tu:

International Football Association Board. IFAB  is the universal decision-making body for the Laws of the Game of association football. Maybe They need to step in and stop these clubs from 'agitating and influencing' this witch hunt on Rangers and undermining association rules. 

Scotland is a cesspit full of hate towards Rangers and its already out of hand. Something does need to get done here. Dundee Utd fan group is the latest to start making statements, what the fuck has any of this to do with them?

9 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Each year was different but if you wish I will be able to get you approximate figures on an average.  I have copies of all the accounts although it would only be an approximation.

Yes, if it's not too much hassle. 

3 hours ago, centenarystand said:

Scotland is a cesspit full of hate towards Rangers and its already out of hand. Something does need to get done here. Dundee Utd fan group is the latest to start making statements, what the fuck has any of this to do with them?

Exactly, and do we have anyone in the media that will take on our enemies?

3 hours ago, centenarystand said:

It's the internet age, any wee trumpet can spout on it and think they are importaint. With this ego driven self importance being what it is, Dundee Hibs fans know they are worthless but spouting thier bile makes them feel they have some value or influence or importance. They are just 3 rate humans like septic supporters.

8 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Lawwell needs to pander to his masses.

All he is doing is passing the buck by putting it onto the governing bodies.

8 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

In some ways it's a bit like brexit in that the time for division is now over and the best chance we've got of a better future is to be united because if we are fighting among ourselves our enemies will just pick us off 

18 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I didn't suggest you mentioned tax avoidance, I was merely making that point for all who read my post.

The amount paid out under the scheme was £47 million.  Top rate tax was 40%.  I have assumed that all the money would have been rated at the top level.  It would certainly be very close to that sum.  What seriously elevated the HMRC claim was interest and penalty sums on a compound basis.  However, my point about the tax which would have been due at the time is still valid.  Yes i did read the LNS decision document and still have a copy on my PC.  It stated that we gained no sporting benefit much to the annoyance of our club's detractors.     The SPL inquiry was limited to infringement of the rules applicable at the time.  It did not take cognisance of any moral issues in the use of tax avoidance in the form of EBTs.  Even HMRC stuck by that view.   Any punishment by the SPL  Inquiry was only due on any football rules broken and how seriously or deliberately they were broken.  All the hair-pulling, gum-bumping and teeth-gnashing of the obviously anti-Rangers mob of ignorant clowns should fall on deaf ears with the authorities who cannot and will not go against legal advice.  If they do, they will undoubtedly lose in a court of law.  One thing I have learned over the years is that the law does not accept mob rule to decide on legal issues.  To ignore the law leads to anarchy.

Unfortunately you cannot just take 40% of the £47m. For the recipients to receive £47m you would have to pay them £80m gross and then take 40% off the gross which would be £32m, leaving £47m net. NI is around 11 to 12% so this would be on the £80m so nearer £10m as opposed to £4m. So benefit to Rangers was probably £40m, but it is a bit irrelevant as whether £4m per year or £2.3m a year neither amount is enough to have stopped Rangers signing the players they did. .  

5 hours ago, Brubear said:

Unfortunately you cannot just take 40% of the £47m. For the recipients to receive £47m you would have to pay them £80m gross and then take 40% off the gross which would be £32m, leaving £47m net. NI is around 11 to 12% so this would be on the £80m so nearer £10m as opposed to £4m. So benefit to Rangers was probably £40m, but it is a bit irrelevant as whether £4m per year or £2.3m a year neither amount is enough to have stopped Rangers signing the players they did. .  

I understand your mathematical point but that was not what RFC's stance was.   

17 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

In some ways it's a bit like brexit in that the time for division is now over and the best chance we've got of a better future is to be united because if we are fighting among ourselves our enemies will just pick us off 

I agree, I see DK as being like Marmite 'you either love him or hate him' vigilance is needed on any board who sit especially after SDM but instead of squabbling amongst ourselves we should leave it to the AGM vote. Priority should be given to being vigilant now in the aftermath of the BTC. These clubs that are agitating for title stripping should make sure their own houses are in order as they too may be subject to title stripping demands. I would like to know more about the investigation the DR did in 2016 on CFC

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/scottish-news/celtic-chief-peter-lawwell-among-9027258

On 7/8/2017 at 8:16 AM, Sweetheart said:

Aye too true, going by their administrators and lawyers, I think they're better players than cfc had all those years ago.

23 hours ago, centenarystand said:

Something does need done for the good of the game. Imho, I'd have it in the rule book that clubs could not be formed/run on the back of religion or have ex politicians sitting on the board has both have their own power groups that could influence the game.

On 08/07/2017 at 2:54 AM, Ozblue said:

I said that in another thread,mate. How can an organization that wasn't even in existence until 2013 adjudicate on matters that happened during the years of 2001-2009 under the auspices of the SFL? 

Your right, it shouldn't have any standing to adjudicate on these matters at all, but the problem for us being, that what is right and proper matters not one bit to these bastards, and as we all know they would have no problem just making the rules up as they go along if it meant shafting us. 

As much as I firmly believe we have no case to answer to, I fully expect these cunts to try to damage us in one way or another, be it title stripping or something else. 

29 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Something does need done for the good of the game. Imho, I'd have it in the rule book that clubs could not be formed/run on the back of religion or have ex politicians sitting on the board has both have their own power groups that could influence the game.

How could you legally stop someone, just because they happened to have been a politician, from investing in a football club and taking a place on the board ? 

Dont know why this is getting the attention it is these tarrier bastards are only testing the water they know if this does come to anything they are just opening up a can of worms for themselves

18 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Dont know why this is getting the attention it is these tarrier bastards are only testing the water they know if this does come to anything they are just opening up a can of worms for themselves

I'd like to think you're right but it begs the question, why have they come out with it if they don't think there is something worthwhile to be gained ?