Rob Kiernan joins Southend

Gaz52

Nothing against him personally. He conducted himself well with us although clearly limited as a player. His level is championship/league 1. He had mixed performances in championship here and the premiership was far to much of a challenge for him. Glad he has shown willingness to go and play football as opposed to sitting taking a wage like flash Harry. 

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad he's found somewhere else to play football.  

Remember all those 'individual errors'?  A CB that couldn't defend properly and consistently well as any CB playing for Rangers needs to.  

Even Warburton had reason to mention often enough that individual errors were costing Rangers valuable points.  To be fair, they were not all errors made by Kiernan but he sure did account for a lot of them imo.  Endlessly trying to learn but never showing that he had actually learned.   Maybe at a much lesser club with less pressure he might actually improve his game because he sure wasn't capable of doing so at Rangers despite being given bags of opportunity.

10 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Great news for all parties. Kiernan to Bruno Alves - imagine someone said that last season. Happy days lads!

I've already watched Tav play better and Fod look so much more comfortable in the last few games... and this has to be one of the main reasons. 

12 minutes ago, smartypants said:

Letting that cunt run past him like that was criminal. 

The single worst piece of defending I think I've ever seen from a Rangers player. I genuinely don't actually remember seeing anything as bad playing 5s.

23 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Great news for all parties. Kiernan to Bruno Alves - imagine someone said that last season. Happy days lads!

Fabio Cardosa looks as if he knows how to defend as well, so not just Alves. At 23 he looks our best signing so far imho.