MrMckee

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Even though he is suspended? What a player!

Fuxache nobody told me.

Sign of a top goal scorer though is scoring goals when least expected, hoping Pedro takes a leaf from the cellic and gets the SPL emergency appeal board  in as we speak...............still got 15 hours before kick-off.......

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Heard O'Halloran's was a screamer - anyone got a video of it? 

Good goal. Terrible defending. Ran from the left wing infield skipped past 5 players along the edge of the box, cut in to the box and shot across goal.

Looked good but defending was awful!

32 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Those sorts of goals were the reason we signed the cunt and I don't think he did that once for us. I used to defend him on here as well. Obviously just didn't have it in him to play for us. 

Im assuming he can't play against us?

Your absolutely correct mate. It's a mentality issue with these players.

Guys like McKay, O'Halloran, Halliday, Holt, Forrester, Garner etc could EASILY play every single week for Aberdeen or Hearts and have them teams having a great season and looking like the best players they've ever had - but they come to us and flop because they don't have the mentality (and sometimes management that can't get what we need out of them - I say sometimes too because jury is out on Pedro)

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Your absolutely correct mate. It's a mentality issue with these players.

Guys like McKay, O'Halloran, Halliday, Holt, Forrester, Garner etc could EASILY play every single week for Aberdeen or Hearts and have them teams having a great season and looking like the best players they've ever had - but they come to us and flop because they don't have the mentality (and sometimes management that can't get what we need out of them - I say sometimes too because jury is out on Pedro)

Some can't just deal with the pressure that our jersey brings.

While I can't stand the 'he's shite' brigade at Ibrox especially after 30 seconds into a match, I hate even more the 'if only the fans didn't get on his back' excuses. If you can't block out 40-50,000 people you will never make the grade here. Those are the demands of our shirt. If you can't deal with that, like you say, go to Aberdeen or Hearts.

26 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I for one would have been interested to see Garner on the end of Candeias' crosses.

Its a bit odd cause Pedro wanted battlers and men and I think last season Garner, Hill and Miller were probably the only ones that oferred that.

I would rather we had kept Garner and Miller was the one that left. I agree with your point though.

In hindsight, I wish we kept Clint Hill and Joe Garner.  I was all for getting rid of Clint Hill initially but the injury to Wilson seems a bad one and our only cover now is a youth prospect.  Having Hill here would also give us the option of playing with a back 3 and using Wallace and Tavernier as wingbacks.  It looks like Pedro wants balls crossed in to the box and Garner was very good in the air.  In fact, when Garner signed there was a PNE fan on here claiming Garner was one of the best in the air, for his size, he had ever seen. 

Going in to an Old Firm game with something like this would be interesting:

Capture.thumb.PNG.b544a28eeb0f4995e9449da9613e0a68.PNG

Ever time we had a set piece we could've put the 3 CBs + Herrera and Garner in the opposition box and let Kranjcar or Tavernier put in a delivery.  Every team in the SPFL, including Celtic, would've struggled to deal with that.  It would also have given us more of a defensive shield with 3 CBs and 2 CDMs covering which would've made a big difference from last season when teams just seemed to play straight through us.  Letting Wallace and Tavernier are more suited to bombing forward anyway.  We have many of the players need to play a system such as this.  Becoming a big physical team and just battering teams like MON's Celtic use to do might've brought us a lot of joy.

6 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

In hindsight, I wish we kept Clint Hill and Joe Garner.  I was all for getting rid of Clint Hill initially but the injury to Wilson seems a bad one and our only cover now is a youth prospect.  Having Hill here would also give us the option of playing with a back 3 and using Wallace and Tavernier as wingbacks.  It looks like Pedro wants balls crossed in to the box and Garner was very good in the air.  In fact, when Garner signed there was a PNE fan on here claiming Garner was one of the best in the air, for his size, he had ever seen. 

Ever time we had a set piece we could've put the 3 CBs + Herrera and Garner in the opposition box and let Kranjcar or Tavernier put in a delivery.  Every team in the SPFL, including Celtic, would've struggled to deal with that.  It would also have given us more of a defensive shield with 3 CBs and 2 CDMs covering which would've made a big difference from last season when teams just seemed to play straight through us.  Letting Wallace and Tavernier are more suited to bombing forward anyway.  We have many of the players need to play a system such as this.  Becoming a big physical team and just battering teams like MON's Celtic use to do might've brought us a lot of joy.

Garner and Herrera up front! Seriously? I wouldn't turn up if I knew that was our front two. It would be fucking murder. Hill was a good player but let's not kid ourselves that he was not on a much better wage than he would get elsewhere. I'd much rather have Cardoso and Alves with Bates as a fairly sound replacement to Wilson... Still got the fear over a Garner and Herrera strike force ?

16 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

That would certainly be a physical side and probably a team you could afford to have Kranjcar as a luxury in an Old Firm.

That type player choice and the formation reminds me of some of the teams Martin O'Neill used to put out against us. That Celtic team weren't easy on the eye but they definitely could mix it.

Edit: I didn't read the last para :tu: