Pedro losing the dressing room and treating players badly

Gaz52

11 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Starting to feel good about the guy tbh. Was watching on RTV and just after HT you could see he was still demanding 100% effort from the lads at 4-0 up Hugh burns mentioned it

Not only has he proven his ability in spotting talent and bringing them here, it's what he has seen in Windass and instead of just accepting that one part of his game, he's working hard on him to improve his defensive side of his game and you saw that against Dunfermline that irrespective of it being Dunfermline Windass was chasing back and closing down the defender. This is what Pedro is developing Windass into, a better all round player, one that could potentially change our defensive side of our game, if he can do more of that we'll dramatically improved.

I think the same could be said for Tav, once better quality came in around him he has improved his game, the Dunfermline game wasn't enough however to see his defensive side of his game but I reckon he's going to show his improvement. Although I still feel we do need an ambidextrous full back.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I think the same could be said for Tav, once better quality came in around him he has improved his game, the Dunfermline game wasn't enough however to see his defensive side of his game but I reckon he's going to show his improvement. Although I still feel we do need an ambidextrous full back.

Against Marseille Tav looked every bit the defender we've been crying out for. The difference that Tav and Windass especially have shown this season is unreal. I'd have honestly let Windass go for nothing in the window but now I'm thinking after a few years service he can be moved on for big money!

I'm still sceptical about Pedro but, as others have said, I've been impressed with the fight the team have shown. Against better opposition, i.e. Marseille and Sheffield we totally looked like a team capable of winning and giving any team a run for their money. Against not so good teams, i.e. Motherwell who resort to dirty tactics to try and win then I think the new players had a bit of a shock! Unfortunately that's the way that most Scottish teams will be playing against us so it's important that we start scoring goals on the umpteen chances that we fluff up because that is what will bite us on the arse. 

I know that as soon as results don't go our way the Pedro love in will come to an abrupt end and the umpteen Pedro Out threads will start. Maybe we should pin this thread! ?

My initial impression was he was clueless and a complete dud. 

We've played 2 domestic games and although the signs are now looking good, I'll wait until we still winning the 'must win' games before I'll get too excited as we've had too many false dawns.

MW and the old team failed at every big ask but fingers crossed we now have players who won't accept failure or mediocrity.

To be perfectly honest, we need to win every game up too, and beyond the savcos and at that point I might just start believing ??????

1 hour ago, Muz333 said:

Against Marseille Tav looked every bit the defender we've been crying out for. The difference that Tav and Windass especially have shown this season is unreal. I'd have honestly let Windass go for nothing in the window but now I'm thinking after a few years service he can be moved on for big money!

Agreed, I always had faith in Tav and had a feeling that when playing among better players around him we could see the better side of him and I think we're starting to see that. No doubt Pedro will be working in training with Tav and the likes of Bruno will certainly improve his game, that's what is good about having big Bruno in the defence, he's a commander, he'll pass on his experience, teach him a thing or 2 and the link up play we're seeing between Tav and Candeias looks promising.

My concern is the backup we have, still plenty of room to grow on but a promising team we have thus far.

It's a management style .

Treat them all like shite , start befriending the ones you want , give them the paternal arm round the shoulder and the welcome to my gang of good guys patter . 

People are that relieved that they don't have to put up with being treated badly that they suddenly get the warm glow and buy into the good guy club .

Meanwhile the bad boys are still getting grief no matter how hard they try .

No doubt in my mind that's what he's doing , don't think it's a gentlemanly way to behave but it's working for him at the moment . I wouldn't dream of being that sort of guy , but that's maybe why I wouldn't cut it as a football manager ...or any type of manager :huh:

You need balls of steel to manage Rangers - every bastard jumping on every mistake - and that's your own supporters....

Pedro looked inept to start with BUT he has cleared out a lot of MW's shite, bought well from leagues he knows and is starting to get better performances from players I thought might be duds. Never thought I'd see wee Windy Alice-Bandass looking like a half decent pro.

8 hours ago, Land Rover said:

It's a management style .

Treat them all like shite , start befriending the ones you want , give them the paternal arm round the shoulder and the welcome to my gang of good guys patter . 

People are that relieved that they don't have to put up with being treated badly that they suddenly get the warm glow and buy into the good guy club .

Meanwhile the bad boys are still getting grief no matter how hard they try .

No doubt in my mind that's what he's doing , don't think it's a gentlemanly way to behave but it's working for him at the moment . I wouldn't dream of being that sort of guy , but that's maybe why I wouldn't cut it as a football manager ...or any type of manager :huh:

Maybe the "bad boys" are getting grief because they've proved themselves pathetic wastes of space who lack the mental fortitude to be successful at rangers?

On 10/08/2017 at 6:48 PM, Drunk and disorderly. said:

People were saying the players named Pedro 'the dud' too.

Bit strange that 9 guys signed for him this season thinking that, eh? The guys who were already here had no right to call anyone a dud either after they ended a trophyless season miles behind the filth.

Individuals who start rumours to get attention/to back up their opinions are no better than tarriers imo.

Bang on ??

On 08/10/2017 at 7:19 PM, .Williamson. said:

I believe he has the dressing room. 

Still has quite a bit to go to have me on side though. 

Do you think he didn't have the confidence of the 9 players he brought in? Even for a moment? Are most of his signings shite?

Kenny scores a goal to show the new players how it's done and they Follow, follows ☺

From what I've heard, from good sources, he didn't have a lot of people on side even a few weeks into him joining. He pissed off many by treating some people the way he did.

He's got rid of a few players but what he's done is bring in "locker room leaders" who are on his side, and he looks to have got Wallace + Miller involved too, which has led the rest of the team to follow suit. He's got to be credited for that, he knew what needed to be done and he did it, and it looks to have paid off. Course it's still early days, but it looks far less toxic an environment than it did at the end of last season.