Gaz52

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Yeah agree to an extent, didn't like it at the time and maybe did cost us against Progres but we're better for it now.

Trying to think who's screwed the nut and struggling :lol: 

I've done a bit of a u-turn on him, was screaming from the rooftops for him to be sacked and now genuinely think we'll push them very very close this year(minimum). Even at 4/5-0 he was going mental at them demanding more, really like that.

Must be either Windass or Tav, surely? Was wondering this myself. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Detroit Lion said:

That's what happens when you slowly but surely get rid of lazy duds. 

The majority of the team are now happy to play under the manager and undergo the apparently brutal training methods now that there's not as many lazy shit stirrers there. Forrester leaving will close the door on the awfulness of last season.

I'd still like to replace Holt,Dodoo,Hodson and Wallace can't see it happening this season though,McLean on a pre contract would replace Holt ideally,although these players don't fall into the same category as the wasters,they simply aren't good enough going forward.

27 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Back in the Championship, when we scored, the whole team crowded around each other to celebrate. 

One of the many things I noticed last year, back in the top flight, was that when we did score there were only about 2 or 3 players congratulating the scorer... with the rest walking back to our half for the opponents to kick off again. 

I have no idea what happened in the summer between Championship and top flight... 

Now, when we score, it is back to the camaraderie and crowding - which is good to see. 

May have been the beginning of a bit of disillusionment with MW's methods, unhappiness with the new guys who'd come in, perhaps?

Think he's come in, told players they weren't good enough to play for us, they've took the huff, would've been happy to stay here for years getting paid to do nothing, and tried to get it to reflect badly in the manager.

Hard to disagree that he hasn't elevated players that were here last year but not performing to the highest standard every week, Windass and Tav come to mind straight away, so I'm fully behind the manager, I'll admit I had doubts after the early European games, but it's safe to say they came far too early for us, hardly an excuse, but if we played them today it'd be a different story.

Onwards and upwards, in Pedro we trust ??

51 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I think it was said by PC himself that he had lost them. Not in as many words but if you listen to his early interviews. I still don't think McKay or any other should've been treated that way. It cost us (only imo) against progress as an excellent option from.the bench, probably even MOH and his pace as well.

i believe one of the guys who was highly Critical and caused a lot of the disharmony is still there however he seems to have screwed the nut and got his act together.

I think it was both PC not being able to handle them.and them being disruptive cunts.

Pedro still hasn't won me.over but what a turnaround from progress and long may it continue. We will see just how.far we've come on.saturday against a very settled hibs side 

This is pretty much what I came in to say.

It was pretty clear between the end of last season and perhaps the Watford closed doors game the players attitudes were very stand offish. 

Miller's pre Progres interview was pretty telling. Looked like it was an absolute liberty for him to be sitting next to Pedro.

While I don't think its the best way to treat players he said he wanted a squad of fighters and perhaps he was treating them in a certain way to see who had the mental toughness he requires of players.

That is a high risk strategy but the style of play and the fight from guys like Windass has definitely been impressive.

33 minutes ago, Detroit Lion said:

That's what happens when you slowly but surely get rid of lazy duds. 

The majority of the team are now happy to play under the manager and undergo the apparently brutal training methods now that there's not as many lazy shit stirrers there. Forrester leaving will close the door on the awfulness of last season.

i think youre spot on there, many folk were all excited about forrester, i thought his attitude was stinking; he thought he was better than he was; good work pedro in punting him

41 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Alves and dorrans in the dressing room must have lifted the spirits massively too. Two real quality players like that. 

yes indeed the difference some quality signings make; if both of these guys were here back in early july we'd still be in europe anyway onwards and upwards

I don't think Pedro treated anyone like dirt be just never used the soft approach that Warburton did. If a player isn't interested he tells them and fucks em off to train with the youngsters, if they're not good enough he tells them they can go, if they dont train well he tells them. Fuck me that sounds like a strong manager doing his job properly. In the past few years the players egos have been massaged to much and now its biting them on the arse.

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He ostracised those that weren't in his plans or that were damaging to what he was trying to achieve.

I had said before if you have a squad with a lot of shite attitude players anyone who is younger and borderline will generally follow suit. He's starting to clear out some of those from last season and he's brought in guys like Dorrans and Alves. It's little wonder that you now start to see one of last seasons shitebags, Windass, show a much higher work ethic in game and whilst a lot of work is still required the early signs are good.

The last 3 friendlies definitely helped with the team bonding as we want the players to enjoy their football but at the same time they have to work hard and it looks like they are.

Under Warburton if we had been 4-0 up at half time (highly unlikely in the first instance) there is no way we'd have kept a high tempo and work rate for the second half. In the second half Tav took a shot outside the box that went high over the goal and Pedro looked livid, the manager clearly wanted us to hammer Dunfermline rather than just simply treat it like a training game.

The manager's "5 captains" and relying on Bruno to represent him on the pitch also seems to be paying off as it definitely seems that there is far more leadership on the pitch.

I agree. The evidence is Waghorn. He didn't really figure in the manager's plans, but he worked hard and remained absolutely professional. He was picked for certain games and when he got his move, Caixhina praised him.

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I was guilty of buying in to these accusations as well after the McKay interview...

But the way the players are on the pitch and in particular the way they celebrate goals together would suggest he very much has the dressing room on side. 

I think it's safe to say the stories of him "treating players like dirt" were perhaps blown out of proportion, vicious rumours from bitter players because they were deemed not good enough. 

One of the things that's stood out so far is the bond between the team. And Alves sent a message with his celebration last night, straight to Caixinha. 

Mate fair play for accepting you might have it wrong. 

What I will say is 'blown out of proportion' is rife amongst our support. We all accept the media are agenda driven liars yet when they print shite often in partnership with others with an agenda it's accepted as reality. 

Its always happens and always will however at a time we should take any story from the MSM (or indeed the ITK grapevine) with a pinch of salt acceptance seems to be on the increase. 

Long way to go with the Squad and Manager however the signs are really good :tu:

35 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Seem pretty sure about that?

Do you know who it was? Heard in a few difference circles that Kenny Miller was bad for it. 

No I don't mate but I worked with a relative of MOH (he's one of us) and from his end what he's said from MOH hasn't been bad at all. 

he actually asked to leave rather than be paid for fuck all 

Im not saying we had any bad seeds as such, but sometimes players who have been at the club when a new manager comes in can have a negative attitude to the change of environment and expectation. It looks like Pedro has identified players that are both not good enough and who maybe aren't as positive as he would like them to be and done his job.

One example of this is Candeias's work-rate as opposed to Mackays. Its night and day. Mackay did it sometimes when he felt like it. With Candeias, you feel it's just part and parcel of his overall game.

Interesting to note the players who were binned straight away and those given more of a chance. Holt has been given a chance (to an extent) because he clearly has a good attitude. Although we've sold Waghorn he was still part of things because despite his obviously deficiencies, he works hard. 

The likes of Halliday, Forrester, MOH, McKay were binned, that speaks volumes for me. 

The most important relationship any manager will have within a club is with the board, and if Caixinha had/has the support of the board then nothing else matters. It's clear the board back him, and he obviously has a plan to get the club to the top again, and has convinced them he is the man to do it. Hopefully they will continue to back him support him, and the club will do well because of that.

This is why I hate gossip and rumour, does far more harm than good.

I do think there is some truth in it, but not in the way it was being taken previously.

I think Pedro lost part of the dressing room when he said certain players were to stay and some were to leave. I have no doubt this became even more a reality when he made it... easier for certain players to fuck off.

The players whom are part of his plans and whom have been brought in definitely look to be buying into what he's trying to do, and there does seem to be a togetherness about the players.

So to sum up, it was all a load of shite and it was wafted so much in social media folk could taste it and started to wonder is Pedro a dead man walking.

Hope you're enjoying your lunch after reading that. :p: