Gaz52

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I was guilty of buying in to these accusations as well after the McKay interview...

But the way the players are on the pitch and in particular the way they celebrate goals together would suggest he very much has the dressing room on side. 

I think it's safe to say the stories of him "treating players like dirt" were perhaps blown out of proportion, vicious rumours from bitter players because they were deemed not good enough. 

One of the things that's stood out so far is the bond between the team. And Alves sent a message with his celebration last night, straight to Caixinha. 

Couldn't agree more, we've got rid of those who the jersey was too big for and who didn't deserve to wear it. Unity in this dressing room looks better than even at the start of the Warburton car crash.

Although, I think Alves was actually running to Helder because he told him to take the kick. 

I'm not the only one who said we need to judge PC on the next few games and nothing changes there. The team last season was not PCs team and he can be forgiven the Aberdeen Celtic losses somewhat, Progress in Luxembourg is still a sorry result which he is accountable for: however we were without game time and his first choice of players (we can all agree that no Rangers team should be defeated by such a wee pub team and that's an unavoidable reality). 

I admire the way he has cleared his decks and moved players on. I admire the way he has brought in some players who are clearly decent (jury still out on Pena and Dalcio of course). 

If he defeats Hibs and if Rangers can maximise their points over the next 3-4 games then we will know we have a fine manager. It is looking good, especially Alves, Cardoso, Dorrans, Morelos, and Candeias but not getting carried away yet. 

3 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

I'm not the only one who said we need to judge PC on the next few games and nothing changes there. The team last season was not PCs team and he can be forgiven the Aberdeen Celtic losses somewhat, Progress in Luxembourg is still a sorry result which he is accountable for: however we were without game time and his first choice of players (we can all agree that no Rangers team should be defeated by such a wee pub team and that's an unavoidable reality). 

I admire the way he has cleared his decks and moved players on. I admire the way he has brought in some players who are clearly decent (jury still out on Pena and Dalcio of course). 

If he defeats Hibs and if Rangers can maximise their points over the next 3-4 games then we will know we have a fine manager. It is looking good, especially Alves, Cardoso, Dorrans, Morelos, and Candeias but not getting carried away yet. 

That's a fair assessment for me.

I'd add to it that I was happy with the teams he put out in both EL ties. For me the players got off the hook for shocking attitude and performance because the focus was directed at Pedro.

Don't think anyone said he was a cert to be a world beater, just to give him the time to make his mark on his new signings and best players in a squad he could call his own.

Still early days but I really think we're on the right track if we build on this and keep our 1st 11 fit.

2 minutes ago, OhW said:

Me included, and I'm happy to say things look much better now. Remember there were people on here accusing others of wishing failure on Pedro, to prove them correct, rather than seeing Rangers succeed. 

My point is that the "judge him at Christmas" crew seem very happy to judge him now, in August.

One extreme or another is pretty common especially on a forum

That European tie was heartbreaking to say the least but there was never any chance of a manager who'd just brought in nine players getting the boot before the league had even started

I think that MW mollycoddled the players and when Pedro came in he put out his expectations, fighters, man up and not accepting defeatism. I think that last season was lost, Pedro knew this and used the remainng games to assess who would live in the fire and who would wilt. We seen the results. A lot of the first team went in a huff and moaned at Pedros ways and he has shipped them out. The signing of Bruno sent a signal to the team about the type he wanted, some of MW's signings have man upped but lots did not. Pedro spoke about a soft mentality and I think this was evident in the EL game. I imagine that Pedro went nuts about this behind closed doors and was a further catalyst to change the bulk of the players and get in those with a high work ethic and a winning mentality. I do not know how the season will play out but I don't think this Rangers team will be the quitters that MW produced.

Pedro lost a part of the dressing room, the part that was happy to lose games.

Never really bought into this rumour myself tbh but what I can believe is that a lot of players (especially senior ones like Wallace and Miller) were perhaps not sure of messages Pedro was trying to get across. 

That can be quite common with a new manager - especially a foreign one. 

I think Taverniers becoming a decent player and yet you often see Caixinha on at him during the games, don't mean that in a bad way it's just good to see that Pedro is recognising the talent and is on at him to excel and Tavernier is obviously performing for him. Early days or not the signs are showing promise in the games to come.

While I'm not a Pedro fan, I do believe McKay had no intention on extending  his contract and anyone who plans to leave the club should not be in with first team squad. 

I think it was just McKay being bitter because the manager rates him lower than he does, and wouldn't give him the pay he didn't deserve.

2 hours ago, gsa said:

The likes of Halliday, Forrester, MOH, McKay were binned, that speaks volumes for me. 

Halliday seems to have a good attitude, apart from the Barton carry on of course.

I reckon if he'd have been good enough he'd have been in the team. 

People were saying the players named Pedro 'the dud' too.

Bit strange that 9 guys signed for him this season thinking that, eh? The guys who were already here had no right to call anyone a dud either after they ended a trophyless season miles behind the filth.

Individuals who start rumours to get attention/to back up their opinions are no better than tarriers imo.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

People were saying the players named Pedro 'the dud' too.

Bit strange that 9 guys signed for him this season thinking that, eh? The guys who were already here had no right to call anyone a dud either after they ended a trophyless season miles behind the filth.

Individuals who start rumours to get attention/to back up their opinions are no better than tarriers imo.

didn't that say that's what niko called him?

You.could.tell that was bullshit

Just now, Rfc52 said:

didn't that say that's what niko called him?

You.could.tell that was bullshit

I don't recall mate. It's surprising what shite people will beleive when it suits their agenda though.

Pretty poor show kicking Pedro when he was down even if you didn't rate him, only benefits our enemies.

watching yesterday's game it was brilliant seeing every man fighting and even when Holt came on he looked determined to make an impact, even Wilson (although didn't need to defend) was so vocal and looking to get stuck in. It's exactly what Pedro is looking for so players are responding well and fighting for their position as well as the team