Dalcio

K.A.I

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair our recent loan signings haven't turned out great - hyndman was quite decent in a poor team and Dom ball was OK in the championship. Think where we are at now we need players that are at the top of their game and not passengers that might develop into good players. When we are back winning games comfortably (might not be long away) that will be the time to bring on a young loanee or our own youth. Getting loans in as starters tho isn't really ideal... anyway will give him a chance when he gets one but can only see him coming off the bench if we are out of sight 

23 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

He had a good first 20mins didn't he in his first game? Give him a chance, once Windass is knackered after one half maybe swap them . 

Had a great first 20min, then just died away.

He was all over the place and playing some sexy football, don't know what happened after that.

Tiredness? Mentality?

I guess he's young and maybe we shouldn't be so harsh.

10 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I am starting tot hink that we can't really take much from the progress result.  It was a shocker, and we deserved what we got.  but since then we have looked the part, played really well, and the players just keep getting better and more cohesive.  I am alll for giving them all a clean slate under Pedro and judging them as the season goes on.

Progress game came too early. We were in the middle of getting new personal in and getting rid of deadwood,tactics were being tweaked etc.

If we played progres now, I'd say we'd easily put 3 minimum past them at home and away we'd put 2 past them minimum. 

Given how things panned out last night, who would you have played him in place of?

Windass would have been the only one I can think of - he did ok Sunday (albeit nothing actually came from it) so I suppose he deserved another crack on the back of that.

He still missed out last night, while the rest were getting in on the act in all sorts of ways, but it would have been harsh to deny him the chance to build on his much improved performance.

Is it a coincidence that since Dalcio has dropped out of the team (and squad) that we have started to play better and come into a bit of form?

We were poor in Luxembourg that is something we all agree on, but Dalcio was by far the worst that game and he wasn't on that long. He gave the ball away almost every time.

He'll not make many appearances for us and will probably have his loan deal terminates by Christmas.

34 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Given how things panned out last night, who would you have played him in place of?

Windass would have been the only one I can think of - he did ok Sunday (albeit nothing actually came from it) so I suppose he deserved another crack on the back of that.

He still missed out last night, while the rest were getting in on the act in all sorts of ways, but it would have been harsh to deny him the chance to build on his much improved performance.

A good way to do it is gradually introduce him into a winning team with a feel good factor ... 20 minutes last night for example and get the confidence up 

I'm not saying start him and potentially upset the balance and momentum we've started to build 

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

A good way to do it is gradually introduce him into a winning team with a feel good factor ... 20 minutes last night for example and get the confidence up 

I'm not saying start him and potentially upset the balance and momentum we've started to build 

It's a thorny one.

TBH he could have had the last 20 last night, cos Windass wasn't going to score in a barrel of fannies. Like you say, there was a bit of feel-good going on (how often have we been able to say that recently?).

Then again, you've got the dilemma of does he get the main 14-15 players fully up to speed & working together or does he give everybody a go?

I think, given the awful Euro experience, he's safer getting his main men plus those who are 80% likely to come off the bench into some sort of groove, then bring in those on the fringes.

It's hard to settle on a right or wrong answer!

Nice to be talking about it after a good win, though!

2 hours ago, philiprfc said:

He never set the world alight but I think he gave a reasonable account of himself given the circumstances.

I'm not gonna write anyone off just yet.

5 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

He wasn't mate, he done ok until he got clattered then he disappeared 

He made some decent runs I thought. If anything he was probably trying a wee bit too hard to impress and I felt Candeias was the same when he came on. Looked like he could be a useful player though.

At least that's what I thought until I got home from the game and read the threads absolutely slating him on here and I started second guessing my judgement :lol:

9 hours ago, gmcf said:

Probably a bit harsh to judge him in such a short time , at a period the players were still settling in . 

Im sure he'll get his chance , but may have to wait a while with the way the team is playing right now . Why break up a winning formulae . 

Formulae is plural so that last sentance makes no sense. Either drop the e, or drop the a before winning.

Regards,  the grammer police.

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

8 hours ago, HG5 said:

TBH he could have had the last 20 last night, cos Windass wasn't going to score in a barrel of fannies. Like you say, there was a bit of feel-good going on (how often have we been able to say that recently?).

It is definitely odd that he has dropped out of the squad all together. Wednesday would have been perfect to reintroduce him and give him a few minutes.

I'm not convinced by Dalcio BTW, so him falling out of favour doesn't bother me at all.

2 hours ago, gersandy said:

Formulae is plural so that last sentance makes no sense. Either drop the e, or drop the a before winning.

Regards,  the grammer police.

50 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Grammar is spelt wrong as well! :lol:

Maybe the grammer police are a copycat agency of the grammar police - they try their best but in the end they're a bit shit.

Gersandy was talking about the guy who plays Frasier Crane and Sideshow Bob maybe?