Pena

cushynumber

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasnt expecting miracles and expected him not to be in it for the first 10 minutes - and the game passed him by for that time. But he gradually started to come in to it and started with little one twos that were nice to watch.

He has a ways to go, and i dont know if that No. 10 role he plays goes down well with scottish supporters who like to see blood and thunder, but Im not unhappy with the way he played.

Good 70 minutes and a nice goal as well.

His late runs into the box are brilliant. In that wee period at the beginning of the second half when we were getting space down the left hand side he was arriving late every time and unlucky that the balls in weren't that good. Promising 

You can see why Pedro was breaking him in very slowly he clearly is used to a lot more time on the ball and will need to adapt to the 100 mile an hour game here, but for me he showed he's a player, his ability to find space, his vision and link play all show in patches he's a player. Once he adapts to tighter pitches and the pace he'll show hes a cracking acquisition imo

That header...

Thought hes had a good overall performance,created 2 good chaces in 1st half 1 which candeais fluffed and anoher which morelos brought  good save from the keeper,and took his goal well,gives pedro  headache for sat,does he keep pena in the starting 11 or bring miller back in

He's looking better, he's clearly operating on a different level from the other player still (not necessarily any better or worse) in that his teammates seem to miss what it is he's trying to do quite a bit and they'll need to get used to his style of tucking himself in behind the opposition

6 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Well some are not convinced and some say he's not fit. Yet to have a full 90 mins but has 2 goals so far . 

Think there is a lot to come from this guy and definitely something positive  to work on.

It cant be easy going from playing on longer pitches at slower pace and plenty of space to run into to tight pitches 100mile an hour rough and tumble and playing against packed defences, think adapting to that will take game time, but its obv a balancing act between getting game time and putting a team on the park to get a win, I think theres a lot to come from a few of our newer players.

He played well today and his goal was not an easy goal to score. I do not see him being able to keep up with the speed of the game against them on the weekend for a full 90min so will probably be substituted around the 60 minutes. 

Just now, denya said:

He played well today and his goal was not an easy goal to score. I do not see him being able to keep up with the speed of the game against them on the weekend for a full 90min so will probably be substituted around the 60 minutes. 

Aye was blowing out his arse at 70 tonight when he came off, thats progress, you can see the effort being put in, reminds of Ray Wilkins when he first came to Rangers was far too slow for Scottish football but adapted, hope Pena goes on to have a similar impact in a game v the taigs but yeah Saturdays is probably too early

19 minutes ago, AldoKrfc said:

His late runs into the box are brilliant. In that wee period at the beginning of the second half when we were getting space down the left hand side he was arriving late every time and unlucky that the balls in weren't that good. Promising 

Are you trying to say Windass isn't very good? ???

Archived