Pena

cushynumber

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Still desperately unfit but there's a player in there. 

I don't think he's desperately unfit at all. Difference between 60 / 70 and 90 minutes is match fitness. He was still running well and closing down as he was subbed. Morelos only lasted 70 mins.

danger danger .too much positivity on this thread just now 

he's getting there bit by bit but is still a fair bit away from the player we hope he can be .which would be a guy playing the full match.scoring 15 a season from midfield and creating plenty 

for me his goal was an Indication of the quality he has and I thought his movement at times excellent. 

Some people were slagging him off during the game... he was not playing badly. In fact, he made us a much more fluid team, in my opinion. He had a good game... he certainly showed much more than he had the chance to in previous games. There is still more to come from him, I suspect.

Time.... give him time.

36 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Some people were slagging him off during the game... he was not playing badly. In fact, he made us a much more fluid team, in my opinion. He had a good game... he certainly showed much more than he had the chance to in previous games. There is still more to come from him, I suspect.

Time.... give him time.

Agree he looked a lot better,his goal was a cracker

11 hours ago, Gustav said:

It's comparing two international teams who are ranked 6 places apart so you're wrong. International caps mean nothing.

That is your opinion.  My main argument was the fact he had played in some 40+ games in the Mexican top flight last season for two of their top sides.   Too many people just don't want to give Pena a chance.  It is pointless debating with people who are already set against him.  I remain to be convinced either way.

I said before the game elsewhere on Facebook that people will place him under the microscope and they well blow everything out of proportion where every little mistake he does they will emphasise it tenfold, it was predictable. I also said don't get your expectations up, too early and Pedro made himself clear, he told you that he's not quite ready yet as he needs to adapt to the Scottish style of game which is far different to the game in Mexico. I said all of that before the game, I even stated that they shouldn't expect anything spectacular and what can I say, how many shots at goal has he had and how many goals does he have?

Some people have it in for him, in fact they're the very cancerous type of people who would be sitting moaning about Rangers even if we were winning every single game, cancerous because they give you brain cancer.

11/10 for the header...that was simply superb. Going away from the goal and directing it perfectly.

He did some good stuff, but he did some shit stuff too. I wanted him to do so well, but he gave the ball away too many times for my liking. He looks to have a lot in his locker (tries too hard) but has still to show it...lack of confidence? Hopefully he'll come on (and prove his price-tag) and prove he was a good buy. Good luck to him.

3 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I wasn't completely won over tonight; he will need to be a lot better than some of his play. Good goal, and he looks the type of player who can get a goal out of nothing, but some of his play still needs to improve.

I would say you could point that finger to every player on the park tonight; some more than others. Every thing I learned not to do in football, we did it. Defenders letting the ball bounce (as what cost us a goal at the weekend) don't ball watch....don't give your opponent 5 yards space on the flanks...No need to try and burst the net with the goal at your mercy AND don't try and defend a lead in your own penalty box. Fucking hell! no wonder my health deteriorates watching us play.

Archived