Pena

cushynumber

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

According to the manager in an article on the Club website today "Carlos is working hard so is Herrera. I know them very very well and I know that they are going to help us as a team and, of course, as individual players they are going to do very good in Scottish football. “We just need to know the exact moment to release them and give them the chance to do it. But they are really working hard and I think that they are at the same level as the others at the moment.

There we have it Pena and Herrera are at the same level as everyone else (whatever that means) and its just a case of deciding the exact moment to 'release' them into the full backwater furnace of Scottish football.    Wonder what influences or circumstances will need to exist that cause the manager to conclude that the right time has arrived to play Pena.    

He's also nailing his managerial colours to the mast by declaring that both Pena and Hererra are 'going to do very good in Scottish football'.     A sort of Portuguese 'trust me gov, I know what I'm selling you' sort of statement.    No additional pressure on Pena and Hererra to deliver the goods to justify the manager's confidence in them.

One day we'll find they are declared ready to play and we can all then start to see if the confidence in them is justified.   Don't know when that day will be but presumably sometime soon otherwise the 'moment' in this league campaign will have passed, if its not already passed. 

I have this feeling that Robertson and Park were sold similar lines months ago and are now realising the consequences of placing their belief in it.

there's a lot of criticism for this guy, a lot of it unjust caused by frustration at other things, watching his YouTube and reading his interview whrn he signed it's clear the guy has some real quality about him but may have lost his way a little 

if he knuckles down we could have a right good player on our hands worth far more than what we paid for him ,it could however go tits up ,but it's far far to early to judge the guy 

iv a feeling there's a lot of bears willing him to fail so they can say they were right and he's a dud 

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

According to the manager in an article on the Club website today "Carlos is working hard so is Herrera. I know them very very well and I know that they are going to help us as a team and, of course, as individual players they are going to do very good in Scottish football. “We just need to know the exact moment to release them and give them the chance to do it. But they are really working hard and I think that they are at the same level as the others at the moment.

There we have it Pena and Herrera are at the same level as everyone else (whatever that means) and its just a case of deciding the exact moment to 'release' them into the full backwater furnace of Scottish football.    Wonder what influences or circumstances will need to exist that cause the manager to conclude that the right time has arrived to play Pena.    

He's also nailing his managerial colours to the mast by declaring that both Pena and Hererra are 'going to do very good in Scottish football'.     A sort of Portuguese 'trust me gov, I know what I'm selling you' sort of statement.    No additional pressure on Pena and Hererra to deliver the goods to justify the manager's confidence in them.

One day we'll find they are declared ready to play and we can all then start to see if the confidence in them is justified.   Don't know when that day will be but presumably sometime soon otherwise the 'moment' in this league campaign will have passed, if its not already passed. 

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/pedro-carlos-working-hard/

Give the club the hits mate

55 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Yes, good point.   The problem is I have no idea how to create that sort of link.  I can do cut and paste of text but my skills of loading stuff up on to the internet are confined to photos exported to Lightroom for sending to professional printers.   Sorry.

2 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Part Of the problem is that Pedro has switched to a 442 instead of a 433 and there is no room for him. 

I think we should switch to a 352 most games. 

Allow Kranjcar and Pena to fit into to the system. 

I don't think that is true, there is certainly room for him in the 4-4-2 as was stated by Pedro in the past on Peña that he is versatile, I can't remember if he said he can play out wide, but he did say he can play in the centre as a holding midfield player, attacking mid or even as that second striker.

He showed from the little he played against Hibs that he is a box to box player and therefore he can certainly fit in, but I would prefer to see him play in a different formation, probably in a 5-3-2 formation such as:

Foderingham

Cardoso     Alves    Wilson
Tavernier                                           Wallace
                         Jack      Dorrans

Peña 

Morelos      Herrera

Using Peña for me as the key as an attacking mid who can act as that 3rd striker in attack to link up between the 2 forward players, plus we know Peña against Hibs was very central and looked to support those around him, he looks like he'd be the playmaker and he can drop back and defend as that box to box player we've been missing. So for me I would prefer to see him in a formation such as this given that both Tav and Wallace offer their support in wider areas and when it comes to switching formation to 4-4-2 using our wingers Candeias and this new boy or Windass.

If Peña is to play 4-4-2 then he would fit in best where Dorrans or even as the 2nd striker.

13 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I don't think that is true, there is certainly room for him in the 4-4-2 as was stated by Pedro in the past on Peña that he is versatile, I can't remember if he said he can play out wide, but he did say he can play in the centre as a holding midfield player, attacking mid or even as that second striker.

He showed from the little he played against Hibs that he is a box to box player and therefore he can certainly fit in, but I would prefer to see him play in a different formation, probably in a 5-3-2 formation such as:

Foderingham

Cardoso     Alves    Wilson
Tavernier                                           Wallace
                         Jack      Dorrans

Peña 

Morelos      Herrera

Using Peña for me as the key as an attacking mid who can act as that 3rd striker in attack to link up between the 2 forward players, plus we know Peña against Hibs was very central and looked to support those around him, he looks like he'd be the playmaker and he can drop back and defend as that box to box player we've been missing. So for me I would prefer to see him in a formation such as this given that both Tav and Wallace offer their support in wider areas and when it comes to switching formation to 4-4-2 using our wingers Candeias and this new boy or Windass.

If Peña is to play 4-4-2 then he would fit in best where Dorrans or even as the 2nd striker.

That's what I said....5-3-2, 3-5-2 same difference given how Wallace and Tav play.

Guest Lloyd72

PEDRO CAIXINHA is waiting for the right time to ‘release’ Carlos Pena on Premiership opposition, having come close to putting the Mexican on during Saturday’s goalless draw with Hearts.

27-year-old Pena became the Gers boss’ seventh summer signing when he put pen-to-paper on three-year contract on June 22 and so far this season he has made one late substitute appearance against Hibs at Ibrox.

The tenacious and creative midfielder, who has played for his country 19 times, has been working hard at the training ground and Caixinha is looking forward to seeing him in action.

He said: “You know that sometimes when you organise the squad or the list of the players that go from one game, you look about at the options that you have on the bench in order to change the course of the game.

“Because we just had two substitutions on the last game, we saw how the game was going and I really thought about Carlos Pena on the last 10 minutes, but I saw that the team was getting there and just making one chance so I don’t want to do it.

Carlos is working hard so is Herrera. I know them very very well and I know that they are going to help us as a team and, of course, as individual players they are going to do very good in Scottish football.

“We just need to know the exact moment to release them and give them the chance to do it. But they are really working hard and I think that they are at the same level as the others at the moment.”

Speaking yesterday the manager admitted he had concerns about Josh Windass ahead of this weekend’s trip to Dingwall after the winger picked up a knock against Hearts on Saturday.

The manager revealed: “I think for the moment we just have some concerns about Josh. We still don’t know if we can count on him or not because he felt something on the rib when he landed on the knee of the opponent.

“So we need to know what is going on along the week. It is a long week but if there is something on the rib he maybe cannot be able to be with us.

“All the rest of the players, they are available to be options for Ross County.”

3 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Can't be at same level as the rest who've had a good seven games under their belt to get match fit although to be fair Herrera didn't look unfit when he's had game time.

Only person I've seen look less fit was James Beattie!

15 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I think it was his first game, got the ball on the halfway line heading towards goal, he nearly collapsed by the 18 yard line.

Well remembered - was it Killie?

We used to sit roughly level with the goal line & he was headed towards us - we knew full well he wasn't going to make it!?

Pity - was one of those times where a goal then might have made it happen for him.

3 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

PEDRO CAIXINHA is waiting for the right time to ‘release’ Carlos Pena on Premiership opposition, having come close to putting the Mexican on during Saturday’s goalless draw with Hearts.

27-year-old Pena became the Gers boss’ seventh summer signing when he put pen-to-paper on three-year contract on June 22 and so far this season he has made one late substitute appearance against Hibs at Ibrox.

The tenacious and creative midfielder, who has played for his country 19 times, has been working hard at the training ground and Caixinha is looking forward to seeing him in action.

He said: “You know that sometimes when you organise the squad or the list of the players that go from one game, you look about at the options that you have on the bench in order to change the course of the game.

“Because we just had two substitutions on the last game, we saw how the game was going and I really thought about Carlos Pena on the last 10 minutes, but I saw that the team was getting there and just making one chance so I don’t want to do it.

Carlos is working hard so is Herrera. I know them very very well and I know that they are going to help us as a team and, of course, as individual players they are going to do very good in Scottish football.

“We just need to know the exact moment to release them and give them the chance to do it. But they are really working hard and I think that they are at the same level as the others at the moment.”

Speaking yesterday the manager admitted he had concerns about Josh Windass ahead of this weekend’s trip to Dingwall after the winger picked up a knock against Hearts on Saturday.

The manager revealed: “I think for the moment we just have some concerns about Josh. We still don’t know if we can count on him or not because he felt something on the rib when he landed on the knee of the opponent.

“So we need to know what is going on along the week. It is a long week but if there is something on the rib he maybe cannot be able to be with us.

“All the rest of the players, they are available to be options for Ross County.”

Beyond me how he deemed him ready for Hibs but not Hearts, moron.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Beyond me how he deemed him ready for Hibs but not Hearts, moron.

That's what I couldn't get my head around, guys out of his depth

Archived