scum still calling for an enquiry

GersInCanada

What sad, pathetic lives these cretins must lead. Some time spent questioning why their own club allowed god knows how many children's lives to be ruined by the despicable acts carried out and covered up by people employed at that vile club over decades would be of a lot more use to everyone than chasing titles they lost on a football pitch 11 v 11. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scottish FA has written to member clubs advising it will not participate in any independent review into the game's response to Rangers' use of Employee Benefit Trusts.

The governing body's stance would appear to rule out any football-led review into the way the Ibrox club's use of the tax scheme was handled.

The Scottish Professional Football Leaguecalled for a review in July.

That followed a Supreme Court ruling in HMRC's favour in respect of EBTs.

More than £47m was paid to Rangers players, managers and directors between 2001 and 2010 in tax-free loans.

However, HMRC argued the payments were earnings and should be taxable, eventually winning their case after two tribunals in 2012 and 2014 previously found in Rangers' favour.

Rangers tax case - what does it mean?

Who were the EBT beneficiaries?

In a letter to member clubs, the SFA said they received correspondence from the SPFL on behalf of all 42 league clubs with "an invitation to participate in the proposed review", and that one unnamed club had also written individually to the SFA calling for the review to take place.

"After careful consideration, the Board of the Scottish FA has declined the invitation to participate in such a review," the SFA said in their letter.

"The Scottish FA is currently examining the detail of what was said in the most recent court cases and you can be assured that the matter will be dealt with by the Compliance Officer if there is any suggestion that the organisation has been knowingly misled in any of the matters that came before it.

"However, the image of the game in Scotland can only be damaged further by 'raking over the coals' of everything that has happened in the last six years for a further lengthy period of time.

Image copyrightSNS

Image captionSPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster wanted an independent review of Scottish football governance

"No-one is complacent or insensitive to the issues. It will be impossible to satisfy every supporter, every club official and every member club. Nevertheless, the Board of the Scottish FA is resolute.

"It has acted with integrity and in the best interests of Scottish football at all times."

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster revealed in July that the league had taken legal advice following the Supreme Court judgement, which ruled out any further sanctions on the Ibrox club by the league.

The SPFL chairman Ralph Topping supported calls for an independent review and said the league would "seek to agree terms of reference with the Scottish FA".

A 2013 Scottish Premier League commission had found that Rangers were in breach of player registration rules during the EBT period.

Headed by Lord Nimmo-Smith, the commission fined the Ibrox club £250,000 but resisted calls for them to be stripped of titles won during that period.

However, following the Supreme Court ruling in favour of HMRC, celtic said they expected the SPFL to review the 2013 decision that their city rivals "did not gain any unfair competitive advantage".

The Scotsman website probably has 1000s of users trying to comment on us right now, 80% them, 10% hibs and the rest from the other nonentities.  It's funny and depressing at the same time, in 30 years no one has really cared our league and national team hit rock bottom.

What I don't get it says the SPFL sent a letter from all 42 clubs (that would include us) asking for a review 

why would we put our name to that? Or has the Doncaster and celtic just sent out a letter with everyone's name on it even if they don't agree with it? If so that should make the SPFL model untenable and it should be collapsed immediately 

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What I don't get it says the SPFL sent a letter from all 42 clubs (that would include us) asking for a review 

why would we put our name to that? Or has the Doncaster and celtic just sent out a letter with everyone's name on it even if they don't agree with it? If so that should make the SPFL model untenable and it should be collapsed immediately 

I can't see it being

Dave King HNC

Africa, PO BOX 2038

No bother mate, aye we need you to investigate us again. Thanks

x Davey

Just now, JWAB said:

I can't see it being

Dave King HNC

Africa, PO BOX 2038

No bother mate, aye we need you to investigate us. Thanks

x Davey

That's my point so what other clubs names were they using without consent to Persue their agenda ?

1 hour ago, Alves70 said:

I think the plod have a number of other concerns as well such as tickets falling into the wrongs hands with a reduced allocation and also unlike an Aberdeen game most of septics fans would be smashed on drink or drugs by the time they get in and around the stadium.

It's really out of Rangers hands and a Police Scotland decision.

Annoys the fu*k out of me that we're stuck round a corner yet they get a full stand . Segregation doesn't seem to be an issue at the dome where we actually share a stand with only a few empty rows and stewards between us.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's my point so what other clubs names were they using without consent to Persue their agenda ?

Clarification is the word but again, just groundhog day. Scottish football is fucked and it has been for 30 years.

50 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

However, following the Supreme Court ruling in favour of HMRC, celtic said they expected the SPFL to review the 2013 decision that their city rivals "did not gain any unfair competitive advantage".

This is the bit I really don't get about their whole argument, how the hell could we get an unfair advantage by using a scheme that at the time was legal and therefore every other team in the league could have used? Just because they chose not to use it doesn't mean they couldn't and therefore no unfair advantage?

Apologies if this has been covered numerous times before but don't get too much Rangers discussion down here!

1 hour ago, ianferguson said:

If we can accommodate the sheep safely in the corner then  we must be able to do the same with the tims. Let's not forget the tims hide us round a corner.

This

when we go to the piggery, we have police and stewards either side off us. Get the cunts allocation lowered and put them in the corner.

fuck them 

9 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

This is the bit I really don't get about their whole argument, how the hell could we get an unfair advantage by using a scheme that at the time was legal and therefore every other team in the league could have used? Just because they chose not to use it doesn't mean they couldn't and therefore no unfair advantage?

Apologies if this has been covered numerous times before but don't get too much Rangers discussion down here!

They did use it at the time mate, the scum used EBT's and have used other tax reduction schemes too. It's been covered and the myth has been blown out the water over and over, won't stop them obsessing over it and crying foul every opportunity they get. 

44 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Thats a good point. I expect that when so many member clubs lodge a grievance, they take action on behalf of all clubs (though they could have left us out). I don't understand why the spfl are even entertaining this, and that worries me as much as anything else. Are they as a league structure not happy with the conveniently forgotten about unfair sanctions on us in 2012, and want further sanctions? That is another scandal brewing for me and I agree it should mean that the current spfl model is untenable, and that one club in particular has way more power than it should have.

36 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

But they did mate. Pretty sure they admitted to using an EBT for Juninho. 

1 hour ago, ronniemca said:

Heard about the sfa meeting a week ago and the request for further action .mr Liewell is not the main protagonist in this saga btw and despite the this letter today this has a long way to run yet.

Its as dead as ranjurs mate worry not

Let's not bitch at the sfa for their vigorous investigation these last years into liewell's bullshit request concerning our club.

After all it's their job to investigate the possible wrong doing of a club and take action, and for clubs to encourage them to do so! 

So why the fuck have our club not sent a letter to the sfa and uefa demanding an investigation concerning the complicity of Savco fc in the sexual abuse of young boys?