Linfield

ps95v7

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best team lost that game IMO . Sums up scottish football to an extent that one of the countries full time clubs were second best for most of the game against no more than a decent part time side . Watched the first part of TNS horseing Elgin as well , though TBF they do that to most teams in the welsh league ! 

1 hour ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Best team lost that game IMO . Sums up scottish football to an extent that one of the countries full time clubs were second best for most of the game against no more than a decent part time side . Watched the first part of TNS horseing Elgin as well , though TBF they do that to most teams in the welsh league ! 

We are a good part time team mate

4 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

You're probably well aware, their H*n, the proper H*n was their allegiance to the germans during wwii. (pius xii).

Fuck knows how they've managed to change that to now mean us.

Considering sporting integrity &allthat.

Spot on mate, any explanation of how this turned completely on its head would be welcomed.

s

2 hours ago, bluedylan said:

We are a good part time team mate

Yes mate , but not in quite the same class of Roy Coyle's sides or big Davy's clean sweep or treble double winning teams . Healy is building a decent side but they still have a bit to go to match some of the teams previously seen at Windsor . Young Smyth was  missed and a match fit Waterworth would be expected to finish those chances .

1 hour ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Yes mate , but not in quite the same class of Roy Coyle's sides or big Davy's clean sweep or treble double winning teams . Healy is building a decent side but they still have a bit to go to match some of the teams previously seen at Windsor . Young Smyth was  missed and a match fit Waterworth would be expected to finish those chances .

Nothing I disagree with in your post mate

3 hours ago, pcbear said:

Spot on mate, any explanation of how this turned completely on its head would be welcomed.

s

I was told years ago during the 2nd world war a lot of Irish in Scotland went back to Ireland returning to Glasgow after it was over hence Rangers fans would sing at them Go Home you H*** go Home

7 hours ago, bluedylan said:

I was told years ago during the 2nd world war a lot of Irish in Scotland went back to Ireland returning to Glasgow after it was over hence Rangers fans would sing at them Go Home you H*** go Home

That sounds plausible, so there is no reason whatsoever for them to have that as a derogatory term for us, seems they don't know their history at all, we should keep on this to see if any other bears back this up, sounds about right though. 

3 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

This was their programme today. Ironically, they were desperate to take 3 of our players on loan this season - all with first team experience - thankfully for once the board used some common sense and told them to bolt. 

4AA29942-C973-4BD6-B035-B92C139263DD.jpeg

Is there not still some rule about what clubs print in the programmes , or is it covered by the " views of the contributor not the club " get out ? BTW , I'm not advocating the Club reporting this , just would like to see the powers that be being consistent if rules have been abused .

Hopefully the Club keep tabs on all this petty shite and remind the perpetrators whenever they next come calling for favours .

On 07/10/2017 at 13:52, pcbear said:

They have always been the tims to me and I am going back plenty years, the H*** got reversed somehow as well as "go home ya H***" was a chant directed towards them as they were streaming out of Ibrox after a bears victory with a "cheerio,cheerio,cheerio" chucked in.

Maybe someone can explain the H** one because I remember the chant clear as day.

I remember it clear as day as well, along with, if I had a Tommy gun I'd shoot every fenian H**. Fuck knows when or how it changed. I remember working with a taig who had a photo of Ibrox from the late 30s, it was from a Scotland - Germany game and there was a swastika flying above the ground. Not uncommon for the Germans pre war. Could be that's got something to do with it. Time it was redirected back at them though.

1 hour ago, SheriffHood said:

I remember it clear as day as well, along with, if I had a Tommy gun I'd shoot every fenian H**. Fuck knows when or how it changed. I remember working with a taig who had a photo of Ibrox from the late 30s, it was from a Scotland - Germany game and there was a swastika flying above the ground. Not uncommon for the Germans pre war. Could be that's got something to do with it. Time it was redirected back at them though.

Ask them the question next time one is around, there is no way a single one of then will be able to offer up an answer, "haw taig run it past me why you call us H***" cue a dose of blundering and muttering shite.

2 hours ago, SheriffHood said:

I believe the tarriers were called H*** due to their ground being closed due to fan behaviour during ww1 or ww2 and the papers said that celtic were "as popular as the H***"