Pedro will be away today

Smile

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

On the official website there is no quotes or nothing from the manager. IF you don't use twitter you wouldn't know there was a presser today

I didn't know there was a presser today till I seen it on here

Speaking on Monday ahead of his side's Premiership match against Kilmarnock, the manager apportioned a share of the blame to his players, claiming they had let down their club.

"I can't count Jak [Alnwick] because he felt a contusion in the arm," Caixinha said. "It was interesting for you to see Fabio [Cardoso's] face today so I can't count him.

"But I told the players 'you're embarrassing me, you embarrass the club, you embarrass our fans and now it's time for you to react and I'm glad that we are playing on Wednesday.

"If I can pick the same 11, if all of them were available, those guys who didn't do the work that they needed to do yesterday, those are the ones that are going to start the match."

Nine of the players who started against Motherwell were signed by Caixinha and he accepted that but said some aspects were outwith his control.

"I'm the responsible one but as I told you, there are things I am responsible to change," he said.

"There are other things I cannot change. If I cannot change it the natural way then let's change it the confrontational way, on the way that they need to prove it because I know that they are not feeling good at this moment.

"I know that they have this feeling of guilt. That they should have done things differently, that they should have done much more."

He added: "I'm a guy who doesn't like to lose. I go home and I don't sleep but I have my mind clear. I want them to have their mind clear.

"That's why I'm giving them a second chance. If I could play with the same 11 then 'go and show me what you need to do'."

Asked if players had accepted the criticism, Caixinha said: "On Wednesday we will see"

We simply don't have the money to sack him and sign a replacement , the parks won't put any more money in and King doesn't have any , we are truly stuck until the AGM when they try again to get a fund raiser passed .

Just now, rbr said:

We simply don't have the money to sack him and sign a replacement

Nonsense - you don’t know that for sure. People always assume to know our finances and what we can and can’t afford when it suits their argument 

So, contrary to many previous posts (today and several times before this), Pedro is still with us.

I suspect he will still be with us for some time yet, regardless of how unpopular this is with many of our fans.  I didn't see the game yesterday because I was travelling back down south to work, but caught most of the game on the radio.

It sounded to me that the obvious issue was that we simply couldn't finish the chances we created (particularly in the 1st half), which can't be blamed on the manager (although he does have many faults).

He is far from perfect, but has brought in better players, who frustratingly seem incapable of putting in consistent performances.  Yesterday was another bitter pill to swallow but he is what we have for now.

3 hours ago, Copland bear said:

No it won't be okay on Wednesday and the fans must start chanting Pedro must go from Wednesday onwards as watch the crowds disappear as the season goes on and wait till renewals as that when  the board will do something as they will tell you anything to get your money out of you.  

Maybe we as the fans should put our money elsewhere and pay the board game by game just as King wanted to do to the old board as this lot are not much better than the last lot 

We need the board to go aswell, it's their appointment, that's 2 out of 2 that's failed, they are turning this club in one like dundee hibs with the turn around of managers. Questions need asked about the recruitment process and what they plan to do to change it. 

3 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

I don't think they were. Pena and Windass for sure. The rest put in a shift. Herrera and Morelos can't play together either. Pedro's an embarassment. 

You must have seen something I missed. Having a kick of the ball doesn't mean putting in a shift.

1 hour ago, Don54 said:

Speaking on Monday ahead of his side's Premiership match against Kilmarnock, the manager apportioned a share of the blame to his players, claiming they had let down their club.

"I can't count Jak [Alnwick] because he felt a contusion in the arm," Caixinha said. "It was interesting for you to see Fabio [Cardoso's] face today so I can't count him.

"But I told the players 'you're embarrassing me, you embarrass the club, you embarrass our fans and now it's time for you to react and I'm glad that we are playing on Wednesday.

"If I can pick the same 11, if all of them were available, those guys who didn't do the work that they needed to do yesterday, those are the ones that are going to start the match."

Nine of the players who started against Motherwell were signed by Caixinha and he accepted that but said some aspects were outwith his control.

"I'm the responsible one but as I told you, there are things I am responsible to change," he said.

"There are other things I cannot change. If I cannot change it the natural way then let's change it the confrontational way, on the way that they need to prove it because I know that they are not feeling good at this moment.

"I know that they have this feeling of guilt. That they should have done things differently, that they should have done much more."

He added: "I'm a guy who doesn't like to lose. I go home and I don't sleep but I have my mind clear. I want them to have their mind clear.

"That's why I'm giving them a second chance. If I could play with the same 11 then 'go and show me what you need to do'."

Asked if players had accepted the criticism, Caixinha said: "On Wednesday we will see"

All well and good but what is he going to do if they fuck up again?

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Nonsense - you don’t know that for sure. People always assume to know our finances and what we can and can’t afford when it suits their argument 

Of course we know it , we are relying on handouts from the Park family , it's common knowledge Graham Park is calling the shots .

Archived