Players now getting day off during the week

MisterC

Just reading on the BBC website what Murtys been saying today, praising the players attitudes etc. However one thing that makes me angry is that the players are now getting a day off during the week to recharge and spend time with the family. Surely given where we are and where we need to be, the players should be in every day working hard etc. This is just going back to the holiday camp era under super Ally and a regressive step. Let's face it all they will do on the day off is drink or recover from getting blootered the night below. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

You ever been fishing mate?

I go up north a couple of times a year but it's not something I get the chance to do very much. 

Back on topic, I think the players if not doing physical training should be in doing analysis and tactical stuff. Let's face it they make  a fortune and should be earning their corn. 

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I go up north a couple of times a year but it's not something I get the chance to do very much. 

Back on topic, I think the players if not doing physical training should be in doing analysis and tactical stuff. Let's face it they make  a fortune and should be earning their corn. 

See tbh if I was getting paid in Corn I’d be expecting a day off through the week.

Think Pedro made a mistake by not giving the players anytime off in the summer and think this may have started some of the players off on the wrong foot. Whilst I agreed with this at the time I think in hindsight it is an advantage to have the players happy in work and outside of work and maintaining that balance is part of it. If the players are happy and working hard when in training and translating that to performances on the pitch than I have no problem with them having a day off in the week ?

34 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Just reading on the BBC website what Murtys been saying today, praising the players attitudes etc. However one thing that makes me angry is that the players are now getting a day off during the week to recharge and spend time with the family. Surely given where we are and where we need to be, the players should be in every day working hard etc. This is just going back to the holiday camp era under super Ally and a regressive step. Let's face it all they will do on the day off is drink or recover from getting blootered the night below. 

They are due a day off.  

57 minutes ago, City_of_Blue said:

Also it's better for their mental health getting a day off. If they are there all the time they will naturally start resenting it just like we all do with work.

resenting earning thousands to go into a state of the art training facility for a morning, aye poor fucking them, lot of shite, if ANY of them resented being at auchenhowie mon-fri for the morning only then they should fuck off from our club,

2 hours ago, MisterC said:

Pretty obvious that you know absolutely fuck all about training, recovery, contracts, European Working Time Directive, a work/life balance - or anything about anything at all really?