The fans reaction at the end

KirkBroadband

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It was pretty bad in Luxembourg after the Progres game. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Some older fans could corroborate this but apparently during the latter years of celtic’s 9iar you would often get 20/30 000 bears singing sack the board and throwing bottles.

13 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Their obsession is their drug, along with the many other substances their support take on a daily basis.

just not true we never threw bottles as they were barred after incidents after celtic games. the club won league cup ,big d.j. 1970 w wallace took over 71 /72 we won in europe 72 scottish cupn 73  were just pipped last game 74 and backin 75 what was to shout about?

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Well the next game is at Ibrox on Weds against Aberdeen.    Any repeat of the dismal failings of the last 2 games could provoke a reaction from a lot of supporters that would dwarf the pelters taken at Dundee.   That's the pressure the interim manager and his team have managed to put themselves under.   Personally I don't think the interim manager or the first team squad will be able to handle the pressure of the game on Weds - I just don't believe they have it in them to handle that pressure.  Which could make it an uncomfortable night, and possibly uncomfortable for directors too.    If only they'd won against Hamilton and Dundee then Weds would be a night to be really looking forward to.  

Oh well, we will finally get the 'three in a row' monkey off our backs, sadly it will be three consecutive losses.

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Haters the lot of them. 

Should never boo Rangers players they deserve 100% support 24/7.

Single players shouldn’t be booed, but deriding the team collectively after another inept performance is absolutely fine IMO. 

2 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

just not true we never threw bottles as they were barred after incidents after celtic games. the club won league cup ,big d.j. 1970 w wallace took over 71 /72 we won in europe 72 scottish cupn 73  were just pipped last game 74 and backin 75 what was to shout about?

Maybe it was late 60s then. Just repeating what I’ve been told. 

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It was pretty bad in Luxembourg after the Progres game. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Some older fans could corroborate this but apparently during the latter years of celtic’s 9iar you would often get 20/30 000 bears singing sack the board and throwing bottles.

I suffered the experience of their 9 but I never  heard of any fans singing Sack the Board before the tarriers did it in the 1990s.

Plenty of occasions when bottles were thrown back then but again never specifically in protest against the board. 

First demonstration I recall was outside the front door after Gornik Zabzre beat us 3-1, that was against manager Davie White rather than the board. Outcome was White got sacked and Willie Waddell took over, after using his newspaper job to ridicule White.

I remember my mum was trying to stop me going to the games, in the 60's,& early 70's, because fans would show their displeasure by hurling bottles, cans, and other missiles from the terracing. They were not all the best throwers in the world, which meant that the kids, at the front of the terracing, used to get hit on the head with some of these objects.

I used to sit on the wall at the front, and when a hail of objects started raining down,I'd jump onto the track to get away from it. Games would get held up for a few minutes until it all quietened down, and the kids could get back onto the terracing. I don't ever remember feeling scared, it was more an adventure, and part of the match day experience.

Those were the days eh?? ??

On 25/11/2017 at 14:07, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

If you were around in the 80's then you will realise how lucky they are. The abuse then was unreal. They're sheltered by comparison 

Do you remember Cammy Frazier given the Govan the Vicky? The team had been playing bad and the pricks in the Govan had been given him it tight for weeks, Those days the stands were separate and if it was like now I can honestly say the fans from the Copland and Govan would have been boxing, it went on for a few weeks and you could hear fans singing Govan Govan get tay fuck.

The cunts that play for us now do not give a fuck, their bank book is bulging and their failure will reap more rewards with a pay off from us and a new deal and signing on fee elsewhere 

You get rewarded fir failure at football these days 

23 hours ago, Vision said:

Even then the 80's teams won the odd cup, this team can't even win a tackle.

What the odd Scottish cup and a league cup while getting pumped left right and centre.  We won 3 games away the season before Souness arrived and one of them was early on at Clydebank.

We were brutal then and just like now it will change but the fans must stay the course and not desert us like in the 80's 

11 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I remember my mum was trying to stop me going to the games, in the 60's,& early 70's, because fans would show their displeasure by hurling bottles, cans, and other missiles from the terracing. They were not all the best throwers in the world, which meant that the kids, at the front of the terracing, used to get hit on the head with some of these objects.

I used to sit on the wall at the front, and when a hail of objects started raining down,I'd jump onto the track to get away from it. Games would get held up for a few minutes until it all quietened down, and the kids could get back onto the terracing. I don't ever remember feeling scared, it was more an adventure, and part of the match day experience.

Those were the days eh?? ??

The kids at the front wore crash helmets in Rangers colours to protect themselves

6 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

What the odd Scottish cup and a league cup while getting pumped left right and centre.  We won 3 games away the season before Souness arrived and one of them was early on at Clydebank.

We were brutal then and just like now it will change but the fans must stay the course and nit desert us like in the 80's 

absolutely, I remember the Chesterfield game , can't mind the attendance but Ibrox was deserted 

17 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Do you remember Cammy Frazier given the Govan the Vicky? The team had been playing bad and the pricks in the Govan had been given him it tight for years,  Those days the stands were separate and if it was like now I can honestly say the fans from the Copland and Govan would have been boxing, it went on for a few weeks and you could hear fans singing Govan Govan get tay fuck.

The cunts that play for us now do not give a fuck, their bank book is bulging and their failure will reap more rewards with a pay off from us and a new deal and signing on fee elsewhere 

You get rewarded fir failure at football these days 

I remember the Cammy Frazer incident...i was there......i was also there when Adrian Sprott scored for Hamilton to put us out the cup at Ibrox.

I was nearly fighting with Durrant that day in the Viceroy....the team had just been humiliated and he breezed into the bar laughing and joking and looked as if he didnt even care....words were exchanged. 

4 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

I remember the Cammy Frazer incident...i was there......i was also there when Adrian Sprott scored for Hamilton to put us out the cup at Ibrox.

I was nearly fighting with Durrant that day in the Viceroy....the team had just been humiliated and he breezed into the bar laughing and joking and looked as if he didnt even care....words were exchanged. 

The Adrian Sprott incident was different as we were winning for fun week in week out and no cunt was even scoring against us never mind beating us , Big slim was soon shipped off to Hearts after it just to return a few years later, we should have scored 6 that game as we hit everything except the net 

5 hours ago, Copland bear said:

We were brutal then and just like now it will change but the fans must stay the course and not desert us like in the 80's 

We did win 3 games away and was poor season. But we lost only 1 game out of 4 against them. This lot playing now do not give a fuck about our club, and the quicker they are gone all the better.