Murty

Bluepeter9

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

He won us the game and out smarted a manager many bears want as our next man in charge , hopefully tonight’s put the mcinnes one to bed 

I agree, Yet on the flip side last week there was a manager who had a family emergency who arrived late to the games kick-off. Outsmarted our current interim manager and left 2 minutes after the final whistle to go back to his family emergency.

Murty is a nice guy but he isn't currently good enough. McInnes is not the ideal candidate either but I fear with this current board it may be the calibre of manager they go for.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've criticised him more than most. Rightly imo as too many show too much goodwill towards him.

I've questioned his approach to chatting to players about what's required instead of shiricking them, about his ability to motivate, and his tactical awareness.

Tonight he fought back, very well, and showed me and his dissenters that there's something there.

Credit where due. But I'll wait til Sunday and see what he delivers before I sing his praises.

19 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I've criticised him more than most. Rightly imo as too many show too much goodwill towards him.

I've questioned his approach to chatting to players about what's required instead of shiricking them, about his ability to motivate, and his tactical awareness.

Tonight he fought back, very well, and showed me and his dissenters that there's something there.

Credit where due. But I'll wait til Sunday and see what he delivers before I don't his praises.

Go to bed.

I wasn't too chuffed when I saw Pena on the team sheet but he actually played well.

Murty's done a decent job during his stint & his works been showing through in the youth team with the likes of Rudden & Atakayi showing a lot of promise.

I'd be highly disappointed if the next manager doesn't keep him.

He proved me wrong with playing Windass up front and got a good all round performance out of the team. So he deserves some credit but he's never experienced or hardened enough to cope with all the flak and media nonsense that comes with being the Rangers manager. That's before you even factor in that he is also a novice in terms of game experience when it comes to being a manager. Hopefully he'll be back in his real job soon so that we can start preparing and planning properly for the future again.

5 hours ago, Smile said:

I'd sack him the guys a Pussy, we need winners throughout the Club..

Someone else set up that team tonight Murty was Clueless.

you are are a nightmare on here who just loves to read his own words. The interim manager took a chance and it paid off. Who set that up? Get lost !!

Until he shows the balls to either drop Miller or instill some positional discipline in him he will not be showing the ability required at this level.

His tactical set-up for the first half was spot on, and moving McRorie forward was a great move, but it took him nearly 30 minutes to react to the changes McInnes made just before half-time, which let them back into the game.

We cannot just pass over the last two weeks though where his teams were absolutely spineless. I think he's at his level with the development squad for now and he should be encouraged to carry on the good work he has been doing there

It was a great result from a much improved team.    

In the same way it was revealed when he was interim last time round that he was in fact getting advice about managing and team selection and tactics etc from unnamed experienced Rangers persons I'd be surprised if the same is also now happening, perhaps more attentively and intensively following the 2 defeats against Hamilton and Dundee.    Put a different way, he is the public visible face of management but it may still be that the real decision making on the team, tactical wisdom, team organisation influence is unseen and behind the scenes........pity though it was too far behind the scenes and insufficient for the Hamilton and Dundee games. 

Resfreshing tactically last night.

The 4-4-2 diamond against their 3-5-2 meant we were 3 v 3 everytime we attacked them and always looked like scoring. 

McInnes combatted it by changing to a 4-3-3 and it worked, they were in control from the end of the first half and the second until Murty brought on Candeias and switched to a 4-2-3-1, meaning it wasn’t as easy to go wide around our midfield. 

Hats off to Murty last night, he did school McInnes.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Deserves a lot of credit for that, tactically embarrassed McInnes and you could tell the players didn't want to let him down again, every one of them looked like they would have run through a brick wall for him last night.

Last night he was as tactically adept as Mcinnes was inept.

1 hour ago, TheMotor said:

Until he shows the balls to either drop Miller or instill some positional discipline in him he will not be showing the ability required at this level.

His tactical set-up for the first half was spot on, and moving McRorie forward was a great move, but it took him nearly 30 minutes to react to the changes McInnes made just before half-time, which let them back into the game.

We cannot just pass over the last two weeks though where his teams were absolutely spineless. I think he's at his level with the development squad for now and he should be encouraged to carry on the good work he has been doing there

Got to agree with this. 3pts v Aberdeen is the same 3 points v Hamilton or Dundee. He should have changed things at least after Hamilton. His subs are still a concern. What is Hardie supposed to do in less than 5 minutes?

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Last night he was as tactically adept as Mcinnes was inept.

Would agree with that to an extent and last night has changed my opinion on McInnes big time but would rather praise Murty for getting it right.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Would agree with that to an extent and last night has changed my opinion on McInnes big time but would rather praise Murty for getting it right.

Yeah.  Because Murty got it so right it showed up Mcinnes as having nothing in his locker to counter it.

Mcinnes being showed up was all about the tactics of Murty, Murty deserves all the praise going.

i'm on the fence with Murty, he got the team in order for last night but he sometimes seems to look like he wants the fuck away from the manager responsibilities, which is fair neough but not if he wants the job full time.

I think he should definitely be an assistant manager to whoever comes in, even if it's just for an interim period as he clearly has some good tactics and has the team performing better than pedro did.

Murty = Good Guy.