Fallout between the board and DOF

KingKirk

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

Squad rebuilds do have to stop, but recruitment needs to be much better. I'd rather see is add 3-5 players or so per window but at least 2 of those have to be of real difference making quality. Add to that players who get signed for potential and players proven in our league we are getting there. 

Which is basically what we have been doing - and to make that work we need to appoint a manager and give them 4-5-6 windows to get the quality and stability really up. 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Which is basically what we have been doing - and to make that work we need to appoint a manager and give them 4-5-6 windows to get the quality and stability really up. 

We have been trying to follow that model but we have to get better with our choices. We have Alves, Pena and Dorrans as our difference makers, morelos and Cardoso as potential and Jack as our local guy. Mixed bag as expected but unfortunately the expensive ones seem to be the ones that struggle 

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Your argument for success requiring 4-5-6 windows is groundless based on the fact that MW embarrassed a shite scum team in the semi final, then Brenda, an abject EPL failure, makes virtually the same wankers invincible 2 windows later.

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... and some sense! But mainly shite! 

I honestly don't understand you. Do you not understand that yes, sometimes managers could do better with more time but sometimes managers are just not good enough or a good fit for our club and things will either get worse or at best stay the same?

The underlying thing here - which I think you're missing - is that this board will do anything to prevent having to spend money. If they even feel the need to let managers go, then the manager must really not be showing anything that they'll improve. We are a very loyal fanbase, we still had a huge amount of fans going to games under our failed managers, it's not like the board were under a huge amount of pressure and suffering demonstration after demonstration to remove failed managers.

It's like talking to my wife, she has an opinion but with no real logical backup for her opinion. If there is any logic then it's a minor point missing out on the real meat of the argument.

18 minutes ago, terminator said:

Your argument for success requiring 4-5-6 windows is groundless based on the fact that MW embarrassed a shite scum team in the semi final, then Brenda, an abject EPL failure, makes virtually the same wankers invincible 2 windows later.

Brendan an abject EPL failure :lol: 

if managers were judged on one off historical games your MW argument might makes sense - but it’s not, and your argument is pretty weak. Sure we won a semi final - they won the league! Brenda hardly took over a team that was weak, he took over a league winning squad. 

Having a DOF finding transfer targets is supposed to stop the idea that every new manager coming in doesn't need to make wholesale changes to the squad,  our last 2 managers made full team changes that can't go on,  getting rid of the DOF is folly and will see us continue to go around in circles.

25 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I honestly don't understand you. Do you not understand that yes, sometimes managers could do better with more time but sometimes managers are just not good enough or a good fit for our club and things will either get worse or at best stay the same?

The underlying thing here - which I think you're missing - is that this board will do anything to prevent having to spend money. If they even feel the need to let managers go, then the manager must really not be showing anything that they'll improve. We are a very loyal fanbase, we still had a huge amount of fans going to games under our failed managers, it's not like the board were under a huge amount of pressure and suffering demonstration after demonstration to remove failed managers.

It's like talking to my wife, she has an opinion but with no real logical backup for her opinion. If there is any logic then it's a minor point missing out on the real meat of the argument.

So you will continue chopping and changing until what? We either succeed? Or have 4-5-6-7 managers in a few years and no success? 

Would you put the club in financial pearl again to ‘speculate to accumulate’? 

Both the above are much more of a gamble ( imho) than giving a single manager 3-4 seasons to build. 

We are all entitled to opinions but it seems in here that we are all supposed to bow to some sort of perception of the RM majority opinion - I don’t know if the board have a plan - one major failing is communication of strategy - but if their plan is to chop and change till we get it right what hapoens when we get a manager that wins the league one year and loses it the next - will we chop them then? 

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

if managers were judged on one off historical games your MW argument might makes sense - but it’s not, and your argument is pretty weak. Sure we won a semi final - they won the league! Brenda hardly took over a team that was weak, he took over a league winning squad. 

Brenda was and is laughing stock in England as a manager, tranny, and unctuous prick - if you don't believe me just go ask anyone on a Liverpool forum.

His players are pish and overrated from gordon thru sinclair.

And they've just signed a nobody who they claim is a German internationalist - he played one game for the national team - 9 years ago :rofl:

55 minutes ago, terminator said:

Brenda was and is laughing stock in England as a manager, tranny, and unctuous prick - if you don't believe me just go ask anyone on a Liverpool forum.

His players are pish and overrated from gordon thru sinclair.

And they've just signed a nobody who they claim is a German internationalist - he played one game for the national team - 9 years ago :rofl:

Yes yes I know he is a tranny, tagie, tosspot, granny shagging, Kiddy fiddler...

... but He managed Swansea to promotion, Liverpool to runners up in the EPL and has just come of the back of a 69 game unbeaten domestic run with a team who are champions - if he wasnt everything in para 1 we would snap a leg to sign a manager like that. 

But you float about in your wee world pretending they are shite - they maybe in a global context but in our wee pool they are the one we have to overcome - and it’s going to take a lot more hardwaork and time to get there 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Yes yes I know he is a tranny, tagie, tosspot, granny shagging, Kiddy fiddler...

... but He managed Swansea to promotion, Liverpool to runners up in the EPL and has just come of the back of a 69 game unbeaten domestic run with a team who are champions - if he wasnt everything in para 1 we would snap a leg to sign a manager like that. 

But you float about in your wee world pretending they are shite - they maybe in a global context but in our wee pool they are the one we have to overcome - and it’s going to take a lot more hardwaork and time to get there 

So you haven't gone on to the Liverpool forums, to get their opinion of Brenda, have you! Thought not!

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Would that then make ally a bigger failure then as he took a treble winning team and lost the league

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So you will continue chopping and changing until what? We either succeed? Or have 4-5-6-7 managers in a few years and no success? 

Would you put the club in financial pearl again to ‘speculate to accumulate’? 

Both the above are much more of a gamble ( imho) than giving a single manager 3-4 seasons to build. 

We are all entitled to opinions but it seems in here that we are all supposed to bow to some sort of perception of the RM majority opinion - I don’t know if the board have a plan - one major failing is communication of strategy - but if their plan is to chop and change till we get it right what hapoens when we get a manager that wins the league one year and loses it the next - will we chop them then? 

We keep chopping and changing because of one simple fact - the board are appointing cheap nobodies as managers and when it fails bring another in. If we had spent the money on an experienced manager of some quality then we wouldn't have had to have had rebuild after rebuild.

What do you not understand? Are you being duped into believing the board have actually been appointing worthy candidates all this time and the poor wee souls haven't had enough time to work their magic?

Our managers have been shite and the board try to do things on the cheap every single time - but as most of the world understands. Buy a cheap washing machine and you'll probably be buying a new one in a years time, but if you actually invest in some quality then it will no doubt save you money over time.

24 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

We keep chopping and changing because of one simple fact - the board are appointing cheap nobodies as managers and when it fails bring another in. If we had spent the money on an experienced manager of some quality then we wouldn't have had to have had rebuild after rebuild.

What do you not understand? Are you being duped into believing the board have actually been appointing worthy candidates all this time and the poor wee souls haven't had enough time to work their magic?

Our managers have been shite and the board try to do things on the cheap every single time - but as most of the world understands. Buy a cheap washing machine and you'll probably be buying a new one in a years time, but if you actually invest in some quality then it will no doubt save you money over time.

You're wasting your time.

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I bought a house. A cheap house, furnished it with cheap stuff because I was skint. Over time I replaced said cheap stuff with better stuff - some cheap stuff lasted me 20 years (a candy washing machine) which was a bargain and did my washing proud, other stuff couldn’t hack it and were replaced until one day I’ve got loads a top -end stuff. 

Took time and patience but over two seasons erm sorry a few years I have a lovely home. 

All the time my wife would be chucking stuff out at the least wee niggle. 

You actually don’t know who or what is shite until you use it. That’s a fact. 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

I bought a house. A cheap house, furnished it with cheap stuff because I was skint. Over time I replaced said cheap stuff with better stuff - some cheap stuff lasted me 20 years (a candy washing machine) which was a bargain and did my washing proud, other stuff couldn’t hack it and were replaced until one day I’ve got loads a top -end stuff. 

Took time and patience but over two seasons erm sorry a few years I have a lovely home. 

All the time my wife would be chucking stuff out at the least wee niggle. 

You actually don’t know who or what is shite until you use it. That’s a fact. 

Wit

On 21/12/2017 at 08:59, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Proven right that we should have given mccoist longer? Or Warburton? Or PC?

You say every defeat as if they are in isolation. Mccoist and PC in particular saw repeated howlers. No, disgraces.

When there is no evidence that a manager is capable, the solution cannot be to prolong it til they are. Especially given prolonging it is simply giving them more opportunity to evidence their failings, as we have seen with the last 3.

I agree largely with your last sentence, as long as we are progressing overall with the capable manager in place. And I do accept blips happen.

But time and more time, followed by a little more, oh and 3 to 4 years for Murty (nice guy but capable of managing Rangers?) to learn his trade? Ffs my kids are at primary school and I wouldn't expect their kids to see us lift a title with your level of urgency.

But yes you are consistent.

Looks like the board are starting to agree with me re: Murty!