Fallout between the board and DOF

KingKirk

53 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What a load of bollocks which even tolerating the pish you speak is utterly ridiculous.

You were for giving every manager on here time time and more time. Regardless of pain they caused and embarrassments they ruled over it was always no criticism, no blame, they needed more time and we were typically knee jerking in our RM frenzy as we showed no support.

There's a reason we have had only 12 permanent managers in 107 years, 107 years filled with records and cups that made us the most successful team in the world.

It's the same reason we have won fuck all in the past 7 years - when we have burned through nearly a manager a season - it's called patience. But I do agree - this next appointment needs to be spot on, fully supported and backed to the hilt..... for a change... but that's never gonna happen unless it's Pep or sumsuch eh?

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... and yet I’m being proven right - all this chopping and changing is not moving the club forward one iota - some fans have the attention span of goldfish and treat every defeat, every set back as some sort of extesential crisis. We are faced with a long period of hard work to grow but the fantasy managers on here think you can just hit reset every 2 min till we get it right. 

Proven right that we should have given mccoist longer? Or Warburton? Or PC?

You say every defeat as if they are in isolation. Mccoist and PC in particular saw repeated howlers. No, disgraces.

When there is no evidence that a manager is capable, the solution cannot be to prolong it til they are. Especially given prolonging it is simply giving them more opportunity to evidence their failings, as we have seen with the last 3.

I agree largely with your last sentence, as long as we are progressing overall with the capable manager in place. And I do accept blips happen.

But time and more time, followed by a little more, oh and 3 to 4 years for Murty (nice guy but capable of managing Rangers?) to learn his trade? Ffs my kids are at primary school and I wouldn't expect their kids to see us lift a title with your level of urgency.

But yes you are consistent.

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

There's a reason we have had only 12 permanent managers in 107 years, 107 years filled with records and cups that made us the most successful team in the world.

It's the same reason we have won fuck all in the past 7 years - when we have burned through nearly a manager a season - it's called patience. But I do agree - this next appointment needs to be spot on, fully supported and backed to the hilt..... for a change... but that's never gonna happen unless it's Pep or sumsuch eh?

If we are making good progress I reckon folk will understand blips, not accept or write off, but tolerate them.

The right manager making progress will get time and support. They'll have to.

But patience isn't the key if they are incapable or incompetent. More time doesn't solve that.

The next guy needs to be the right guy, needs to hit the ground running and move us forward far more than others have done recently.

And 3 to 4 years to hope Murty could be that guy isn't the answer.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If we are making good progress I reckon folk will understand blips, not accept or write off, but tolerate them.

The right manager making progress will get time and support. They'll have to.

But patience isn't the key if they are incapable or incompetent. More time doesn't solve that.

The next guy needs to be the right guy, needs to hit the ground running and move us forward far more than others have done recently.

And 3 to 4 years to hope Murty could be that guy isn't the answer.

Murty is not the answer I agree. Our club should never be a “training ground “ for a rookie manager. 

But to counter my own argument- Walter Smith and Graham Souness were relative rookie’s I suppose 

I’ll say it again to “build” a team you need time to continually improve (building blocks) by replacing, over time, positions that need strengthening. That’s gonna take patience and with that lot creeping up with 10iar and 55 it’s gonna be some stick or twist with the next manager that’s for sure. 

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Murty is not the answer I agree. Our club should never be a “training ground “ for a rookie manager. 

But to counter my own argument- Walter Smith and Graham Souness were relative rookie’s I suppose 

I’ll say it again to “build” a team you need time to continually improve (building blocks) by replacing, over time, positions that need strengthening. That’s gonna take patience and with that lot creeping up with 10iar and 55 it’s gonna be some stick or twist with the next manager that’s for sure. 

If I were a manager of any substance I wouldn't touch us until spring/early summer in the lead up to the close season break and transfer window.

I think this poorly assembled 3 manager squad could get another manager sacked by summer. I really do.

And that comment isn't me saying the Board are doing the right thing by taking their time, they've caused the situation.

But I actually expect Murty to get a month more, then another month or two, until we find ourselves too late on in a season full of regret that we blew a great opportunity to really challenge the scum.

Unless real money is paid to get a top notch manager, which it won't be, I can't see a good outcome any time soon.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If I were a manager of any substance I wouldn't touch us until spring/early summer in the lead up to the close season break and transfer window.

I think this poorly assembled 3 manager squad could get another manager sacked by summer. I really do.

And that comment isn't me saying the Board are doing the right thing by taking their time, they've caused the situation.

But I actually expect Murty to get a month more, then another month or two, until we find ourselves too late on in a season full of regret that we blew a great opportunity to really challenge the scum.

Unless real money is paid to get a top notch manager, which it won't be, I can't see a good outcome any time soon.

i created a thread long before PC was even a known contender for the management position saying we should not try and get a long term manager in as it would end up being a wrong low quality appointment. I said that we should get an interim manager which would do us until the summer, one whom could get us back to fighting for everything, one whom could sort out the men from the boys so that as soon as we did go for a new long term manager in the summer we could attract them with player funds and he'd have direct info on which players could and couldn't cut it. Not many wanted that though. Made sense at the time, and in hindsight would have been the best way to go.

If we are struggling for cash and we want to attract the best manager then we have to make ourselves as appealing as possible - we didn't do that and we ended up with PC and this mess we're now in. Just now is a bit different though, the scum are playing shit, we have a more decent squad, we just need a streetwise experienced manager and our season can be more than what it looks like at this moment in time - a failure.

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

It's all about opinions though and each person believes their opinion to be valid.... and that's how it should be. But if nobody puts an alternative opinion over then there's no debate! - we all just fall into line like sheep

No one on here actually knows what happened with DM - but we do know that both Clubs issued a statement stating there was no contact between Rangers and McInnes yet posters insist there was and then proceed to make up stuff (my opinion btw :lol:) anything to make the board look bad and to fuel one's agenda.

***and you are wrong about Murty as manager we should not be using our club as a training ground for a Rookie manager. I wanted Pedro to get 4 windows to "build" a team (that's why it's called "build a team" - to continually improve what you have) but since he is gone then MPH will do for me - I never wanted McInnes near us...

I may be wrong about Murty - but it’s my opinion and I may be right :pipe: 

I agree there are a lot of sheep on here tho’ opinion wise. I like the threads that start ... this may not be true... and then are debated as if true! 

9 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Proven right that we should have given mccoist longer? Or Warburton? Or PC?

You say every defeat as if they are in isolation. Mccoist and PC in particular saw repeated howlers. No, disgraces.

When there is no evidence that a manager is capable, the solution cannot be to prolong it til they are. Especially given prolonging it is simply giving them more opportunity to evidence their failings, as we have seen with the last 3.

I agree largely with your last sentence, as long as we are progressing overall with the capable manager in place. And I do accept blips happen.

But time and more time, followed by a little more, oh and 3 to 4 years for Murty (nice guy but capable of managing Rangers?) to learn his trade? Ffs my kids are at primary school and I wouldn't expect their kids to see us lift a title with your level of urgency.

But yes you are consistent.

Yes. Ally should have Been given a period of stability in which to manage - MW wanted out, Meh!, and PC had some issues but everyone of them had to contend with this ‘entitlement’ belief that football management is like FIFA17.  

Until we give a manager time to build they will fail - we do not have a magic wand budget so we have to transition squad quality - even SAF said only 50% of transfers work so until we give a manager a few seasons of stability to incrementally increase squad quality then we will fail - this policy of complete rebuilds has to stop. I sure as hell whomever we get as manager is given time but nothing in your post or attitude previously demonstrated shows you understand that. 

9 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

There's a reason we have had only 12 permanent managers in 107 years, 107 years filled with records and cups that made us the most successful team in the world

Never a truer word a spoken...the reason above and beyond everything else was...good managers.

52 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Yes. Ally should have Been given a period of stability in which to manage - MW wanted out, Meh!, and PC had some issues but everyone of them had to contend with this ‘entitlement’ belief that football management is like FIFA17.  

Until we give a manager time to build they will fail - we do not have a magic wand budget so we have to transition squad quality - even SAF said only 50% of transfers work so until we give a manager a few seasons of stability to incrementally increase squad quality then we will fail - this policy of complete rebuilds has to stop. I sure as hell whomever we get as manager is given time but nothing in your post or attitude previously demonstrated shows you understand that. 

You’re a fruit cake. If Ally has been given more time we’d probably still be in the Championship. 

55 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What???!!!!

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I agree with the idea that a manager should have time to build a squad but when it's become obvious that the manager is not showing anything to suggest they have made any progress, or even made the squad worse, they have to be given the boot. If you think that Ally, Warburton or Pedro showed they were taking us forward you are in a tiny majority (probably of one). Or perhaps you think that you were the only one who could see the benefit of keeping any of them on, in which case you have my sympathy.

Fucking trolling now with the Ally shite BP9......

1 hour ago, Grundy said:

I agree with the idea that a manager should have time to build a squad but when it's become obvious that the manager is not showing anything to suggest they have made any progress, or even made the squad worse, they have to be given the boot. If you think that Ally, Warburton or Pedro showed they were taking us forward you are in a tiny majority (probably of one). Or perhaps you think that you were the only one who could see the benefit of keeping any of them on, in which case you have my sympathy.

You don’t think this squad is better than MWs squad - and you don’t think MWs squad is better than Ally’s ? Strange- I think they are - therefore we have progressed. I see progress but you want another revamp - I’d suggest my approach will get where we all want to be much quicker than the wholesale changes you seem to support 

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You don’t think this squad is better than MWs squad - and you don’t think MWs squad is better than Ally’s ? Strange- I think they are - therefore we have progressed. I see progress but you want another revamp - I’d suggest my approach will get where we all want to be much quicker than the wholesale changes you seem to support 

change the fucking record  

by professing your undying support of all things Rangers no matter how ludicrous the situation really is tiresome as fuck. it makes you no more a Rangers supporter than the rest of us - the holier than thou attitude is fucking brutal. 

my thousandth post, can't think of a better way to mark it than by calling you an absolute fucking roaster. 

guardian reading bastard. 

This squad is a mixture of Warburton's and Pedro's and is crap,  and is only marginally better than what we had in the lower divisions.  We have a mixture of players who weren't cutting it at their previous clubs and has beens.  It is a pitiful state of affairs, but nobody will pity us, nor do we want it.

7 hours ago, KWBear said:

change the fucking record  

by professing your undying support of all things Rangers no matter how ludicrous the situation really is tiresome as fuck. it makes you no more a Rangers supporter than the rest of us - the holier than thou attitude is fucking brutal. 

my thousandth post, can't think of a better way to mark it than by calling you an absolute fucking roaster. 

guardian reading bastard. 

Meh - your thousandth post and you spew vitriol and shite- you’ll fit in with the negative, bullying crowd in here fine - and follow the herd. Baa! Enjoy hating some do it so well. 

7 hours ago, Grundy said:

This squad is a mixture of Warburton's and Pedro's and is crap,  and is only marginally better than what we had in the lower divisions.  We have a mixture of players who weren't cutting it at their previous clubs and has beens.  It is a pitiful state of affairs, but nobody will pity us, nor do we want it.

.. and given where we are - how will you get out of it? More wholesale changes? What if the next manager kisses a couple of games ? More wholesale changes? What’s your plan? 

Squad rebuilds do have to stop, but recruitment needs to be much better. I'd rather see is add 3-5 players or so per window but at least 2 of those have to be of real difference making quality. Add to that players who get signed for potential and players proven in our league we are getting there.