Fallout between the board and DOF

KingKirk

4 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

So we put forward a list of players we are interested in to a guy at an interview who works for one of our main competitors ,before he signed a contract with us? am I reading this correctly?.or did DM just shit the nest and settle for an easy life?.

Sshhh! You’re spoiling their creative thinking on here. 

Embarrassing stuff 

:lol:

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

So we put forward a list of players we are interested in to a guy at an interview who works for one of our main competitors ,before he signed a contract with us? am I reading this correctly?.or did DM just shit the nest and settle for an easy life?.

Pretty sure they'd have signed an NDA.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Regardless of what his day-to-day role is, I'd expect any board to at least get some kind of input from a DoF when appointing a new manager as it's going to be him that will have the most interaction with him.

This. :thumbup:

Regardless of the argument whether we should or should not have a DoF, surely if we do have one then he would have a say in who he thought was best and if they could work together.  

38 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

If I was considering the job I'd definitely want to know what was planned in January and if the club attempting to recruit me either refused to disclose said information or I didn't like the list and it was made clear to me that an amateur had first say over recruits, I'd tell them to fuck their job.

Can’t be bothered starting a thread; but has anyone heard the rumour of some guy Kamani who owns Bohoo was at the game on Saturday and interested in investing or a takeover? Think he’s worth about £700 million. Probably nonsense!

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Can’t be bothered starting a thread; but has anyone heard the rumour of some guy Kamani who owns Bohoo was at the game on Saturday and interested in investing or a takeover? Think he’s worth about £700 million. Probably nonsense!

This was on Follow Follow earlier. One of the strangest rumours ever. Guy getting a tattoo? 

5774C51A-23E8-4FEC-8ECE-ABF1230624A4.png

4 hours ago, gogzy said:

No idea why so many people are writing this guy off after 5 months.

He is new to the role and will be building up a lot of knowledge on the running of the club, where it is weak and what needs to be fixed.  I wouldn't have expected too much in the way of results from him for about a year.

I think that we decided to go down the route of a DoF, we should have at least gave the guy a chance.

wasn't he influential in us bringing in DJ on loan?

That's a negative, we managed to sign a left back worse than our current one.

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Pretty sure they'd have signed an NDA.

Maybe they did.   Unfortunately once disclosed the person receiving confidential (or any) information can't then unknow it.    So having decided to stay at Aberdeen if he were to then sign any of the players on the list for Aberdeen it'd be well nigh impossible to prove that the names of the players were not already in his mind before he saw a Rangers list under cover of an NDA.   In the circumstance of McInnes then turning down the job any NDA he signed seems to me to be of zero enforceable effect and worse than that it would give him an insight into transfer thinking at Ibrox.  Which again would be information he could not then unknow and it'd be impossible to prove the extent to which he then used that information for Aberdeen's benefit.  

The whole thing (revealing a list) if it happened at all would be, imo, an utter nonsense and the protection of an enforceable NDA would be nothing short of an illusion. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This was on Follow Follow earlier. One of the strangest rumours ever. Guy getting a tattoo? 

5774C51A-23E8-4FEC-8ECE-ABF1230624A4.png

Boy stuck it on a group chat. Says there’s photos of him in the directors box or something. I’ll have a swatch at FF. ??

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

im still waiting for the little weird millionaire in the wheelchair investment rumours  to come true

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

im still waiting for the little weird millionaire in the wheelchair investment rumours  to come true

C1L8KYqVQAADo2f.jpg

Just thought I'd post his wife which is standard on here when he's mentioned.