Murty’s tactics

KeyserSoze

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Four at the back, a midfield diamond and lump the ball forward at every opportunity. 

No wingers. 

It’s horrendous if I’m being honest. 

Sounds a bit like Sir Walter back in the day tbf, I can remember despairing many a time at what I'd just watched and having to remind myself 3 points was 3 points, that's what tonight was, 3 points. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Four at the back, a midfield diamond and lump the ball forward at every opportunity. 

No wingers. 

It’s horrendous if I’m being honest. 

Its not his fault that the only winger we have is useless.

He played a winning formation tonight and that's all that matters.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Lucky 3 points tonight. Think on Saturday we need to go 5-3-2 countering into a 3-5-2 with the full backs.

Don't think it was a lucky 3-points. 

A lucky 3-points was Hibs at Easter Road last week. 

Tonight Motherwell had a couple of chances in the first half but they weren't dominant or stretching us, skinning us and our goalkeeper making a lot of saves.

Motherwell never done enough to win, we were the better team going on the second half without being anything close to decent or nice on the eye.

We edged it but it was a right poor game.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Don't think it was a lucky 3-points. 

A lucky 3-points was Hibs at Easter Road last week. 

Tonight Motherwell had a couple of chances in the first half but they weren't dominant or stretching us, skinning us and our goalkeeper making a lot of saves.

Motherwell never done enough to win, we were the better team going on the second half without being anything close to decent or nice on the eye.

We edged it but it was a right poor game.

They should have been a goal up after 30 seconds mate. And this is a Motherwell team struggling just now.

We may have slightly been the better team but we failed to string together any decent passing and their keeper had nothing to do all night. Thats the sense i meant lucky.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Will never get any blame from me for any poor results till the end of the season. He's in a job he shouldn't be anywhere near. Board are a joke.

There’s only so much blame you can put at his feet, the squad is a mish mash of the breadmans and pedros experiments and it’s not his fault when he put his name in the hat for the job the board selected someone woefully under qualified.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

They should have been a goal up after 30 seconds mate. And this is a Motherwell team struggling just now.

We may have slightly been the better team but we failed to string together any decent passing and their keeper had nothing to do all night. Thats the sense i meant lucky.

I agree we should have been a goal down in the first minute but we can't be both the better team and lucky to get 3-points? we were terrible but still better than Mothewell overall. 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

He doesn't really have any tactics.

His strength/s appeared to be his man-management and getting the players believing in themselves and some organisational skills.

But we need much, much more than that. That only settles you down for a couple of games.

As I said in the match thread Murty's problem seems to be that he talks every single week about the need for the team to be dominant on the ball, show urgency/belief and take it to the opposition ... he says it every single week but the players don't do it. That's no good.

Murty is never a full-time Rangers manager as he simply doesn't have it but these players, fuck me, words honestly fail me. I'd take great delight in having them all in an office at Auchenhowie tomorrow and just terminate every single one of the useless cunts contracts. I'd fucking love to.

if his strengths his man management skills then i wouldn't like to see his weaknesses. If the players replacing like they believe in themselves then we are truly fucked. I am hoping that we can get a new manager who can install belief into the players as they should be better than what we are seeing. He stands at the side of the pitch clueless, waves his hands every now and then trying to encourage players and has no game management skills. His lack of any subs against Kilmarnock cost us the chance of getting something from the game. Waits till we go 2-1 down and then makes subs are we are then chasing the game.

A massive down fall for me is the i don't believe that the players would run through brick walls for Murty. We need a manager to come in who can install that fighting mentality into the team, Mutry just doesn't have it. He got lucky with the change of formation against the sheep who never knew how to cope with the diamond, now teams know how we will set up, we even had our team leaked today as well. 

Murty seemed to be doing a good jobs with the youths and we are seeing some of them come through my concern would be when it goes tits up and it will do the board sack him or does he go back to his old role which is then going to be awkward

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

That's just fucking stupid.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the job but he accepted it and these team selections etc are now down to him. 

Can’t really blame the guy for it. Say your boss asked you to cover a more senior role for a time. Your not going to knock him back.

3 minutes ago, james_85 said:

if his strengths his man management skills then i wouldn't like to see his weaknesses. If the players replacing like they believe in themselves then we are truly fucked. I am hoping that we can get a new manager who can install belief into the players as they should be better than what we are seeing. He stands at the side of the pitch clueless, waves his hands every now and then trying to encourage players and has no game management skills. His lack of any subs against Kilmarnock cost us the chance of getting something from the game. Waits till we go 2-1 down and then makes subs are we are then chasing the game.

A massive down fall for me is the i don't believe that the players would run through brick walls for Murty. We need a manager to come in who can install that fighting mentality into the team, Mutry just doesn't have it. He got lucky with the change of formation against the sheep who never knew how to cope with the diamond, now teams know how we will set up, we even had our team leaked today as well. 

Murty seemed to be doing a good jobs with the youths and we are seeing some of them come through my concern would be when it goes tits up and it will do the board sack him or does he go back to his old role which is then going to be awkward

His weakenesses are there for everyone to see. He struggles to change a game and never quite knows the strongest team to put out.

I do think he has man-management skills and installs belief in the players but the problem is (coupled with him not being a Rangers manager) is the fact that these players are just plain pish. 

54 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Don’t be ridiculous

Look at what Steve Clarke is doing at Killie with inferior players to ours. 

Go support Killie then, we will finish just above them. Without the leveller of playing on bubblewrap..or kick & run tactics.

It sounds like you want a manager who will make us a better mid table team. Murty is not the problem.

53 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

We simply can’t afford to play that diamond on Saturday or the thumping we’ll likely receive will turn into another humiliation.

Will be 451 which will hopefully delay thumping for a while.

2 minutes ago, Barasa said:

Go support Killie then, we will finish just above them. Without the leveller of playing on bubblewrap..or kick & run tactics.

It sounds like you want a manager who will make us a better mid table team. Murty is not the problem.

7a9240372527c857211e4e195c12dbe8.jpg

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

In fairness to Murty he really is limited to what he can do. The depth of our squad is very poor right now, we have lost several key players through injury and suspensions have not helped either. Murty is in a pretty tough position. We need players back, we need new signings in and we probably need some loan players to return. For the most part, the team kinda does pick itself. Niko tonight was probably a surprise but at home to Motherwell I can understand the thinking and I thought he done okay.....................

Agreed. Given that

We were forced to play a niko with chocolate legs and lost  ryan jack and still won against a motherwell that should have been down to 10 men, we did well. 

Finger crossed for saturday.

We simply do not have the level of player at the moment that enables us to produce a standard of play that we demand. It is as simple as that. It is not the fault of the current players, or the manager, or dare I say it, even the Board.(even though they wasted millons on Pedro) We have been virtually destroyed as a Club over the last few  years, it is only down to the fanatical support that we have that we have a Rangers FC to support.

Unpleasant a thought at it is, it is going to take a while to get back to where we should be, we will not have some stupidly rich Oil Baron or Arabian Prince come to our rescue, we will have to do this on our own.

Murty is doing the best he can with a bad lot, at least he was prepared to step up when it seems that many others were not.

Hopefully some sort of stability will be established in the next year or so, then perhaps we will not be seen as so toxic by some of those we approach to employ.

58 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

We simply can’t afford to play that diamond on Saturday or the thumping we’ll likely receive will turn into another humiliation.

Said pretty much the same thing going into the Hivs game and he played it anyway up until Miller hobbled off. The diamond compounds our biggest weakness in giving wide players a free run at our fullbacks, just asking for trouble at the phaedodome.