RFC55

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Smile said:

Will not be Jimmy Nicholl was he not just appointed Falkirk assistant.?

Seems like you are right, I never knew he had joined them:

From BBC 17/10/17

Jimmy Nicholl becomes Falkirk assistant but remains with Northern Ireland

Michael O'Neill will still have Jimmy Nicholl as his Northern Ireland assistant

Jimmy Nicholl has been appointed assistant to new Falkirk manager Paul Hartley but will combine it with the same role for Northern Ireland.

The 61-year-old signed Hartley twice as a player while in charge of Raith Rovers and Millwall.

Nicholl will remain Michael O'Neill's number two with the national side as they face a play-off next month to qualify for the World Cup finals.

The Bairns assistant said: "It was an opportunity which really excited me."

Completing Hartley's back-room team is fitness coach Tam Ritchie, with whom Hartley has worked previously while at Hearts, Alloa Athletic and Dundee.

"Things have moved very quickly, but I am just delighted to get started and get back out on the training pitch," Nicholl told the Scottish Championship club's website.

"Falkirk is a great club with fantastic facilities and infrastructure.

"Any time I have been here previously, I have been very impressed with what I have saw.

Hartley's Falkirk were held at home by Inverness CT in his first game in charge

"There is great potential here and working with Paul, Tam and the players I hope to deliver on that."

Nicholl, who has also managed Cowdenbeath twice, has been assistant boss at Dunfermline Athletic, Hibernian, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock.

Hartley, who took charge of the Bairns last week after Peter Houston's departure, added: "I am delighted to welcome a man of Jimmy's experience to the club.

"He is someone I have enjoyed working with previously and someone who I know will be a real asset to my backroom team.

"He has played and coached at an extremely high level and has enjoyed great success throughout his career.

"I am certain he will make a really positive impact throughout the club."

2 minutes ago, gers31 said:

Whit they going to do just unwrap this mystery assistant in the dug out tomorrow at the game 

Jimmy Bell is going to wheel out a cake from the dug out to the Center circle while the Peados dae their huddle and Alex Rae gonna burst out it like a cheap stripper at an old dudes 50th in the Masonic or bowling club 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Jimmy Bell is going to wheel out a cake from the dug out to the Center circle while the Peados dae their huddle and Alex Rae gonna burst out it like a cheap stripper at an old dudes 50th in the Masonic or bowling club 

Lmfao ????

4 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Seems like you are right, I never knew he had joined them:

From BBC 17/10/17

Jimmy Nicholl becomes Falkirk assistant but remains with Northern Ireland

Michael O'Neill will still have Jimmy Nicholl as his Northern Ireland assistant

Jimmy Nicholl has been appointed assistant to new Falkirk manager Paul Hartley but will combine it with the same role for Northern Ireland.

The 61-year-old signed Hartley twice as a player while in charge of Raith Rovers and Millwall.

Nicholl will remain Michael O'Neill's number two with the national side as they face a play-off next month to qualify for the World Cup finals.

The Bairns assistant said: "It was an opportunity which really excited me."

Completing Hartley's back-room team is fitness coach Tam Ritchie, with whom Hartley has worked previously while at Hearts, Alloa Athletic and Dundee.

"Things have moved very quickly, but I am just delighted to get started and get back out on the training pitch," Nicholl told the Scottish Championship club's website.

"Falkirk is a great club with fantastic facilities and infrastructure.

"Any time I have been here previously, I have been very impressed with what I have saw.

Hartley's Falkirk were held at home by Inverness CT in his first game in charge

"There is great potential here and working with Paul, Tam and the players I hope to deliver on that."

Nicholl, who has also managed Cowdenbeath twice, has been assistant boss at Dunfermline Athletic, Hibernian, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock.

Hartley, who took charge of the Bairns last week after Peter Houston's departure, added: "I am delighted to welcome a man of Jimmy's experience to the club.

"He is someone I have enjoyed working with previously and someone who I know will be a real asset to my backroom team.

"He has played and coached at an extremely high level and has enjoyed great success throughout his career.

"I am certain he will make a really positive impact throughout the club."

Imagine me being right again ffs it's like all the time now.:mutley:

I’d highly doubt it will be an ex player from recent winning sides,  the mentality we have just now is well below requirements and anyone from KT,AR,BF and even jig wouldn’t be able to get their points across without upsetting anyone.

after all in every press conference since warburton took over our intentions in every game have been to dominate the football etc blah blah fucking blah. Every intention except winning which is what the players above were doing at Rangers.

itll be someone murty has worked with at reading probably 

32 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

50 isn't old. I've only got 6 years to go FFS