Andy Halliday speaks

Smile

Honestly man folk on here are mental, we seem to give our own a harder time than our rivals do. 

Is the guy a world class player nah he's not, but the stick he gets is unbelievable. He's a Rangers fan and isnt shy in letting folk know it and he gets to play for the club he supports, this should be celebrated instead of giving him pelters every time his name is mentioned. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see in his interview he says “Under the previous manager there was just no chance, I would never have had a future at Rangers Football Club."

I couldn't find anything in his interview that said why he came to that conclusion.   Rather than just pass over things and stay focussed on trying to fulfil his ambition of making the most of what he admits is a second chance, and of repaying the faith he believes Murty has in him, he also chooses to take a swipe at the previous manager.    The swipe may be justified, or it may not.   We're not being given details from him as to why he felt there was no chance under Pedro.    But having opened that box its bound to fuel (re-fuel) speculation about what the core differences were between him and Pedro that caused a loan deal to become essential.   Stirring it without giving details about why he believed he had no chance is not, imo, in the least helpful.   It may be a means of his letting off steam or of inferring that there was no alternative to taking the loan deal but just saying there was no chance without saying why is just going to keep a shit-pot stirred a while longer.     

Its a one-sided view and he'll be thinking he's entitled to give it, and Rangers will be thinking he's entitled to air it (otherwise why allow it to be published on the Rangers website).   Fair enough up to a point.   That point is reached and it presumably is open for Pedro to give his opinion of Halliday and why he was pushed out on loan.    For balance and completeness it would be good to hear the whole story and not just the view from one side of the episode but that's not going to happen is it.   We're left just having to take as read from Halliday that he had no chance under Pedro.    

Be ironic if some of the Pedro signings now felt the same way about Murty.     Maybe Pena will have a view published about why he thinks he wasn't getting game time under Murty now that he's back in Mexico.    We could yet have a bit of a he said / did, oh no he didn't slanging match.    

Think he's better suited to a holding position attacking on the break rather than Warburtons plan of making him an out and out attacking midfielder. Hopefully Murty has him as a later years Barry Ferguson type instead of trying to supplement the attackers with him. 

38 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He isn't. Let's not kid ourselves here.

Trying not to upset the idiots who see Halliday as a footballer, 3 bloody games for a nomark side in Azerbaijan.  There is a guy on loan from a French third division club who seems to be picked ahead of Halliday.    

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Trying not to upset the idiots who see Halliday as a footballer, 3 bloody games for a nomark side in Azerbaijan.  There is a guy on loan from a French third division club who seems to be picked ahead of Halliday.    

So what do you know about their manager? Does he make good team selections? Are they winning matches, or is he a no-mark manager?

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

So what do you know about their manager? Does he make good team selections? Are they winning matches, or is he a no-mark manager?

The manager must make decent selections, he rarely picked Halliday.   

FFS Cloughie couldn't make a player out of Halliday.  I'm sure the guy was brought in by that charlatan Warburton to get the fans on board.  

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

The manager must make decent selections, he rarely picked Halliday.   

FFS Cloughie couldn't make a player out of Halliday.  I'm sure the guy was brought in by that charlatan Warburton to get the fans on board.  

So you don't know then? OK.

Absolutly nothing wrong with anything he said if you watch the full interview rather than a 33 second clip of it.

• Said he made a mistake going out there as there was things he wasn't aware of when he signed (I think they may have some rule about number of foreigners) and that he found it difficult because he obviously didn't have any family over there
  • Didn't have much choice as it was made clear to him that while Pedro was in charge he had no future at us
  • Over the moon to be back and knows he has a lot to prove -  wants to try and get back to playing the way he did when he first signed
  • Has a great relationship with Murty and has been in regular contact
  • Very complimentary about McCrorie

2 hours ago, Super1872 said:

Honestly man folk on here are mental, we seem to give our own a harder time than our rivals do. 

Is the guy a world class player nah he's not, but the stick he gets is unbelievable. He's a Rangers fan and isnt shy in letting folk know it and he gets to play for the club he supports, this should be celebrated instead of giving him pelters every time his name is mentioned. 

What utter pish.

He's a talentless footballer that doesn't even have a spine. A coward and that fucking piece shows that he should be wearing a blouse and skirt.

I want ma mammy, boo hoo!

Because he supported us we can't be critical of him? Fuck off.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He bad mouthed our manager.

Was this before or after he personally set up and instigated the whole Barton saga specifically so he could be made Captain...............according to you.

I did hear myself, he's connected to Spectre, I also seen a pic of him with eye patch stroking a white cat. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

What utter pish.

He's a talentless footballer that doesn't even have a spine. A coward and that fucking piece shows that he should be wearing a blouse and skirt.

I want ma mammy, boo hoo!

Because he supported us we can't be critical of him? Fuck off.

u ok?

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Absolutly nothing wrong with anything he said if you watch the full interview rather than a 33 second clip of it.

• Said he made a mistake going out there as there was things he wasn't aware of when he signed (I think they may have some rule about number of foreigners) and that he found it difficult because he obviously didn't have any family over there
  • Didn't have much choice as it was made clear to him that while Pedro was in charge he had no future at us
  • Over the moon to be back and knows he has a lot to prove -  wants to try and get back to playing the way he did when he first signed
  • Has a great relationship with Murty and has been in regular contact
  • Very complimentary about McCrorie

You missed out the  I want ma mammy.

Easy to be complimentary about McCrorie, particularly when you need to engraciate yourself to compensate for your lack of talent.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

You missed out the  I want ma mammy.

Easy to be complimentary about McCrorie, particularly when you need to engraciate yourself to compensate for your lack of talent.

Hi mate, could you tell me why Andy is disruptive? 

Thanks.

PS when did he bad mouth our manager?