Interesting Comments From Murty After Yesterday's Game

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'll be honest (and I'll get slagged) but sometimes I genuinely hate going to Ibrox. I love supporting the team but the match day experience I just don't enjoy myself ... faggy fan zones, that message on the speakers, shite teams bossing us and bullying us on the park, grassing hotlines, no atmosphere and whatever atmosphere there is it's really cringey wee songs like Jason Holt and Andy Halliday etc.

Away games are great but Ibrox is just like the ultimate chore.

:lol::lol: no surprises there 

A sense of proportion is needed re the respect line. The rest of what he says pretty much makes sense, so being focussed on that one small thing misses the larger, more important point which he's right about.

People seem to be transfixed by that brief respect comment.

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Sorry I'll pretend I enjoy it just to keep you happy.

I've made a shit load of positive posts today about Murty, the defence, Martin, Murphy and you've ignored every single one of them and went straight for that one. Good work ya fat mess.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

A sense of proportion is needed re the respect line. The rest of what he says pretty much makes sense, so being focussed on that one small thing misses the larger, more important point which he's right about.

People seem to be transfixed by that brief respect comment.

He is morphing into Warburton though.

12 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

We shouldn't have conceded another goal yesterday, regardless of whether it's a penalty or not they shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.  

Yes we shouldn't have conceded a third but it wasn't a penalty. 

Same as Hibs, same as Ross County.  

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Get out of my thread. 

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's not hard to comprehend people.

He means its not respectful to Hamilton in terms of their ability to attack us if we get caught up the field, and getting the structure of the team right in terms of a balance between defence and attack. Alice's question prefaces his answer.

For some it's challenging 

13 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He is morphing into Warburton though.

Wouldn't surprise me if people started saying that kind of thing based on 2 seconds of one minute and a half interview tbh. 

I took it that it was more about the players not really keeping to a formation and just flying forward. The respect bit I took it to be that the players thought it did not matter what the shape was they could do whatever they wanted and still win. I think he was meaning that if we kept shape we could have one by more. Only guessing tho' 

Something that has always stuck in my mind was a good while back, we annihilated Keith in the cup, think it was 10-0 if memory serves. 

After the match their manager said in the interview that he was grateful for Rangers showing them respect by keeping the foot on the gas for the full 90 rather than getting 3 or 4 then playing keep the ball.  Obviously I'm paraphrasing, but those comments really stuck with me, can't remember his name but that guy understood respect. 

50 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'll be honest (and I'll get slagged) but sometimes I genuinely hate going to Ibrox. I love supporting the team but the match day experience I just don't enjoy myself ... faggy fan zones, that message on the speakers, shite teams bossing us and bullying us on the park, grassing hotlines, no atmosphere and whatever atmosphere there is it's really cringey wee songs like Jason Holt and Andy Halliday etc.

Away games are great but Ibrox is just like the ultimate chore.

If I could only afford one or the other id only do away games. They piss all over home ones in every way. 

What a manager says to the cameras and what he says in the dressing room will not ever be the same. I think what he means is the cavalier nature of having 8 players in their half when it wasn't needed, and Hamilton could have taken advantage of it. "Who do they think they are?" Is what Murty would be thinking, having seen them lose 2 very poor goals in the first 20 minutes of the game. 

1 minute ago, The Gers said:

When it comes to Rangers on the pitch then I want everyone to show 100% disrespect.

Have to disagree, it's what makes the likes of lenton, lego and the thumb the scum that they are. They disrespect everyone and it's cringey, lording it over the likes of Partick and Ross County, it's pointless.

Putting the sheep, hivs, dundee hivs etc back in their place fully merits a get it up yee, and the child abusers will get special treatment when it happens, but I would rather just beat the wee teams, no need for disrespect.