Why Murty should get the Rangers job Permanently.

Lloyd

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

Who would you get to replace him?

I'd like it to be open to applicants and see who we can attract. 1 or 2 of the names linked previously appealed to me but obviously not to the board.

We'd probably get linked with the usual suspects that have ties to the club already though so maybe keeping Murty wouldn't actually be the worst idea now that I think about it.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'd like it to be open to applicants and see who we can attract. 1 or 2 of the names linked previously appealed to me but obviously not to the board.

We'd probably get linked with the usual suspects that have ties to the club already though so maybe keeping Murty wouldn't actually be the worst idea now that I think about it.

This time last year I would have said that there was no way that we could attract a manager of substance as we were still toxic. Come the summer, however, I feel things may well have changed. I must adnit that I was wrong about the DoF as he and Murty seem to have pulled things together for us. As they seem to work well together, I think that this works in Murty's favour along with the fact that it appears the players are prepared to put in an effort for him. Unless there is a total collapse between now and the end of the season. I would be prepared to give him another window and see how things go at the start of next season.

4 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can he deliver us a title next season or the following one ?That's the only thing that's important.

If the Board believe so, and back him financially, then we'll see. Im not convinced but then I'm also not convinced by the alternatives.

He was given the job until the summer. Imo it's right that it is reviewed then in terms of the job done and his potential to end the bheasts title run to 9 or 10.

Spot on, unless an outstanding candidate becomes a possibility then we should stick, the usual candidates don't give me much optimism. 

If we finish the season strongly I think he has to get it. 2nd is an absolute must, as are two good showings against them irrespective of whether we take any points from the games.

The alternative is continued chopping and changing which has proved successful for no club ever.

4 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

agree with most thats been said and I like Murty

but shouldnt we just keep him on a one year rolling contract or something instead of giving him a 3 to 5 year contract and risking potential failure?

Any manager we appoint in the future should be on a one year rolling contract 

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Changed my mind over this so many times. I'd wait and see in the summer who becomes available..

Still hoping the board have name potentially for the summer I'd love a GVB or FDB type to take us forward 

Murty has done a wonderful job and if its no a box office name hes as good as any imo

What have gvb and fdb done to justify being better than murty ? Remember the budget constraints we have as well.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

We've been without a manager since October. Anyone who wants it will have made their interest known to the club long before now.

after warburton an Pedro who couldn’t win more than 3 games in a row, I think he deserves it..unless there is an outstanding candidate

while Murty was interim not one name anybody came up with got me excited, thank fuck del McInnes knocked the job back Best thing that could have happened to us

Just now, Smile said:

Too much of a Pape lover for me regardless of results which overall have not been great, what's he lost seven game in his tenure and drawn two.

Praising Brown.

Praising Lenny as he terms him. 

Parkhead is a wonderful stadium to come and watch football.  

If you can stomach that as a Rangers supporter you can stomach anything.

So your undecided then.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Too much of a Pape lover for me regardless of results which overall have not been great, what's he lost seven game in his tenure and drawn two.

Praising Brown.

Praising Lenny as he terms him. 

Parkhead is a wonderful stadium to come and watch football.  

If you can stomach that as a Rangers supporter you can stomach anything.

You must have had to lock yourself in a padded room when we appointed Pedro an all the shite he said about the filth when he was in Mexico ?

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We've been without a manager since October. Anyone who wants it will have made their interest known to the club long before now.

Some already did and the club obviously weren't interested. We then declared Murty would be in charge until the end of the season.

Who's to say there hasn't been anyone showing interest in taking over after that point? Not every manager will go public.

24 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

You must have had to lock yourself in a padded room when we appointed Pedro an all the shite he said about the filth when he was in Mexico ?

Pedro was a foreigner coming to this country with no knowledge of the Rivalry here there can be no excuse for Murty in that respect.