Scottish Football

10 hours ago, Essandoh said:

@wully Not a bad training day that

I wish I was old enough to have seen Goram play. In my lifetime, in terms of watching Rangers in person, nobody comes close to McGregor. But there’s something special in watching the clips of Goram pulling off world class saves in the raw muddiness of 90s Scottish football pitches

The question is, if McGregor/Goram is #1, you’ve then got Chris Woods and Bobby Brown…

…who’s the next best? Klos? McCloy?

Before Goram came along, Jerry Dawson was widely considered to be Rangers greatest goalkeeper. Not sure if there are many on this board who would have seen him play though, if any.

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Before Goram came along, Jerry Dawson was widely considered to be Rangers greatest goalkeeper. Not sure if there are many on this board who would have seen him play though, if any.

Had always heard it was Dawson, Brown then Billy Ritchie for the older keepers.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was from up your way originally. Think he played for Falkirk after we signed Bobby Brown.

He was aye. Got a feeling it was Bainsford he was from and then went to the Bairns after Mr. Brown arrived. Funnily enough he managed East Fife for a wee bit too and my auld man grew up right next to bayview and my granny stayed there she died in the late 90s. That was a proper wee ground that.

13 hours ago, wully said:

His Open Goal interview is pretty good

Speaks about Lafferty sneaking them in late through a hole in a fence at Auchenhowie because they’d always end up late after Lafferty went to the bookies at 9am before training - and Walter sorting it

On 11/07/2021 at 11:49, McEwan's Lager said:

Jcd and fishtank are old enough :mutley: