Scottish Football

3 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

that Aberdeen situation is fucking wild

What makes it even worse is they have tried to cover it up. Sportscene said on Saturday night they hadn’t been provided with the usual footage for VAR offside decisions with the lines and when they had asked the SPFL they had been told (paraphrasing slightly) “The SPFL doesn’t need to issue the footage, in this instance the decision is so clear and obvious that there is no need to provide the VAR footage”.

It has echos of the handball that was ignored and then conveniently found to be offside 30 minutes later in the OF at their dump. In both instances the broadcaster has effectively outed their lies (at the time the Sky commentary team effectively confirmed they had heard no conversation of offside in the discussions between the ref and VAR), but nothing will come of it.

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

You'd be absolutely spewing. Surely you would just say in the absence of conclusive evidence that the on pitch decision stands.

Isn't that what's meant to happen. 

16 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

You'd be absolutely spewing. Surely you would just say in the absence of conclusive evidence that the on pitch decision stands.

Aye how can it be clear and obvious when they don’t even know if there’s been an error :lol:

What's the issue with the Aberdeen incident?  Don't the VAR team have the authority to look at a still image if the line technology isn't functioning?

Looks pretty clearly offside to me, I can see why they arrived at that provided it's in their remit.

1 hour ago, RealWorldRich said:

What's the issue with the Aberdeen incident?  Don't the VAR team have the authority to look at a still image if the line technology isn't functioning?

Looks pretty clearly offside to me, I can see why they arrived at that provided it's in their remit.

Not sure if serious

5 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Not sure if serious

Yes I'm serious, the Aberdeen statement contains this line in regard to using a still frame with the hawkeye being down:

“The ability for the VARs to do this is contained within the VAR protocols."

So, they accept the VAR is allowed to use a still frame in this circumstance?

In which case....

GK0PoPmX0Ac-0fu.jpg:large

They have more than 1 player that's very obviously offside. So what's the problem?  They wanted an offside goal stand?

2 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

Yes I'm serious, the Aberdeen statement contains this line in regard to using a still frame with the hawkeye being down:

“The ability for the VARs to do this is contained within the VAR protocols."

So, they accept the VAR is allowed to use a still frame in this circumstance?

In which case....

GK0PoPmX0Ac-0fu.jpg:large

They have more than 1 player that's very obviously offside. So what's the problem?  They wanted an offside goal stand?

Still not sure if serious

58 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Going by his posts since he started on here, he's 100% serious.

Why would I not be?  It's very obviously offside, so wtf is the problem?  You want an offside goal to stand because they can't draw lines that aren't even needed anyway?  What if a guy scores a goal 10 yards offside while the linesman has tripped over and the hawkeye isn't working?  Goal?