Scottish Football

8 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

He'll manage the scum next season if Brenda is punted in the summer imo.

Can't see it after the meltdown he had about the alleged abuse he got when Killie manager. 

2 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

After that from the supporters if I was a proper Rangers man in that squad I would withdraw myself from selection. It might be an overreaction but a light needs shone on lots of the scum that follow the national team. It is under a divided separatist banner, nothing else. What the SNP have done to the country is manifest in that. I wouldn’t expect a nation to boo any anthem but I honestly found that appalling. How can any Rangers fan sit amongst support doing that. We all love our country but the whole thing has been hijacked. I remember when we all got behind the national side, but I really struggle to get behind them. Other countries unify under their flag. The SNP have used it to divide us. And I don’t like that I’ve been put in that position as a Scot.   

Very rarely watch their games but stuck that on tonight. Everything about the national team is laughable , from the clown of a coach to the pretendy fans in the stands. 
Don’t know how any Rangers fan can follow that lot.

The separatists are welcome to them 

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Very rarely watch their games but stuck that on tonight. Everything about the national team is laughable , from the clown of a coach to the pretendy fans in the stands. 
Don’t know how any Rangers fan can follow that lot.

The separatists are welcome to them 

Few bears on my Facebook still support Scotland. I don't class them as Ranger supporters when they shout for that lot.

1 minute ago, JackAlex93 said:

Few bears on my Facebook still support Scotland. I don't class them as Ranger supporters when they shout for that lot.

Rangers fans who support Scotland are the kind of cunts that call themselves H***.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

On what planet have Scotland consistently punched above their weight?

If we've not punched above our weight in the last few years then we've severely underachieved the previous 20 odd years since France '98. Based on qualification for major finals it isn't a stretch to suggest we've punched above our weight, not sure why that needs questioned tbh. 

15 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

I havent cheered on Scotland since I was about 15 but that's mental mate

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

If we've not punched above our weight in the last few years then we've severely underachieved the previous 20 odd years since France '98. Based on qualification for major finals it isn't a stretch to suggest we've punched above our weight, not sure why that needs questioned tbh. 

Because it's completely different players and in the past there was no way of sneaking into tournaments through the back door like there is now

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

It’s never, ever been easier to qualify for the Euros. Scotland are doing exactly what they should be.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Because it's completely different players and in the past there was no way of sneaking into tournaments through the back door like there is now

Back door last time but not for qualification for Germany so that's a moot point. Obviously different players but not any better or worse, just different, like every other team. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Back door last time but not for qualification for Germany so that's a moot point. Obviously different players but not any better or worse, just different, like every other team. 

This squad isn't better than what Vogts, Walter, McLeish, Burley, Levein and Strachan had available to them? That's an unbelievable claim :lol: 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s never, ever been easier to qualify for the Euros. Scotland are doing exactly what they should be.

We've qualified through the regular route this time beating Spain and finishing above Norway. The previous 20 odd years tells you that's not the norm for Scotland.

2 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Germany will be shitting themselvesosy .    Friends here generally have apprehensions after the last couple of showings but with Kroos back and the manager willing to change things in a game they are more positive 

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

We've qualified through the regular route this time beating Spain and finishing above Norway. The previous 20 odd years tells you that's not the norm for Scotland.

They beat a second strength team and finished above a shite team in Norway. There’s more teams qualify from the groups than there was before, so it’s still easier to qualify.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

This squad isn't better than what Vogts, Walter, McLeish, Burley, Levein and Strachan had available to them? That's an unbelievable claim :lol: 

Stonger in some areas but weaker in others.

Just off the top of my head. Peak Allan McGregor and peak Craig Gordon walk in to this team. As do Alan Hutton, Davie Weir, Barry Ferguson, Darren Fletcher and Kenny Miller. Kris Boyd and Scott Brown can stake a claim for a start too.

Despite the big players doing well in big leagues there's a lot of Scotland players who are nowhere near the level, just different positions from the ones years ago. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They beat a second strength team and finished above a shite team in Norway. There’s more teams qualify from the groups than there was before, so it’s still easier to qualify.

More teams so more chance of qualification but on the flip side in the 2000s we were higher seeded so got easier groups making it similarly difficult back then.