Scottish Football

29 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

If we've not punched above our weight in the last few years then we've severely underachieved the previous 20 odd years since France '98. Based on qualification for major finals it isn't a stretch to suggest we've punched above our weight, not sure why that needs questioned tbh. 

Cant stand steve clarke, dont rate him and sadly I really find it hard to get behind scotland in this day and age.

Regardless I have to say however its happened Scotland getting to 2 Euros on the trot is a great acheivment, particularly as only a handful of premiership quality players.

Will they get shafted in germany, thats another matter.

2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Do they? Don't know much about them tbh but I suppose that makes sense. I cant really think of any high profile NI players currently playing.

Bradley playing for Liverpool is probably as high profile as it gets for us atm 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Bradley playing for Liverpool is probably as high profile as it gets for us atm 

Don't need a team full of big talent to achieve something. Thought NI looked well drilled and had desire to make up for what they lacked in quality.

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Don't need a team full of big talent to achieve something. Thought NI looked well drilled and had desire to make up for what they lacked in quality.

It’s the way O’Neills teams have been both times he’s been in charge. It’s a squad of young talent and lower league players but he seems to get the best out of them 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It’s the way O’Neills teams have been both times he’s been in charge. It’s a squad of young talent and lower league players but he seems to get the best out of them 

Can only pish with the cock you've got. It felt a bit Walter Smith like.

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

I think some people forget the national team represents the 55% who voted to stay in the Union every bit as much as the other lot.

Been watching Rangers and Scotland since the mid 70s and not going to change that because of a bunch of fannies in skirts that somehow think they speak for the majority when they dont

Was talking about to my dad about all this tonight. He said, "I just don't get it. When I was going to Scotland games it was the sellick fans who didn't go because they hated us."

5 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Was talking about to my dad about all this tonight. He said, "I just don't get it. When I was going to Scotland games it was the sellick fans who didn't go because they hated us."

I think that's probably due to the fact that since we went down the leagues, the national team has been dominated by scum players.

2 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

I couldn't bring myself to sit in amongst a support that hate us and everything we stand for as a club. Booing the national anthem, singing vile songs about the Queen and so on. Not for me

I have no problem with your opinion on that, it’s your choice. It’s  the part about you not considering others Rangers fans if the have a different view that is wrong.

Its still my country and my national team and I’ll always support them.

5 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

When I was going regular in the 70s and 80s everybody I knew supported Scotland no matter where they went every Saturday.

That's how I always thought it worked. Right enough, in about 1996 I was working with a Scottish Bear who said he would always support England over Scotland no matter what.

Told him I thought he was mental, he said he thought I was.

13 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

When I was going regular in the 70s and 80s everybody I knew supported Scotland no matter where they went every Saturday.

Yes I agree there is a certain % of knobs making noise now but doesn’t mean it’s not our country too.

Are we meant to just give up and hand the country to them?

National teams long been given up to them mate, no sense even wasting your time with it. Unless people are going to actively start bringing union flags to the games again then it’s not changing any time soon, nationalists have taken it 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

National teams long been given up to them mate, no sense even wasting your time with it. Unless people are going to actively start bringing union flags to the games again then it’s not changing any time soon, nationalists have taken it 

No surrender mate. No surrender.

7 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

I couldn't bring myself to sit in amongst a support that hate us and everything we stand for as a club. Booing the national anthem, singing vile songs about the Queen and so on. Not for me

Not to mention a squad full of tarriers. 🤮

9 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

Yes I agree there is a certain % of knobs making noise now but doesn’t mean it’s not our country too.

Are we meant to just give up and hand the country to them?

The country is already gone. It's fucked beyond salvation or repair.

Anyone who doesn't see that is burying their head in the sand.

I’d rather Scotland did well, but when they lose I don’t feel remotely fussed about it. I took my boys to the Costa Rica friendly a few years and I’ve never felt so uninterested in a match I’ve attended. I felt no attachment to the team or the fans.

Having said that I won’t criticise anyone for supporting them and going to the games, but as for those who didn’t think they’re Rangers fans - that’s more embarrassing than supporting Scotland could ever be.