Two Centre Backs + Goalkeeper

BridgeIsBlue

3 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Am I the only one that thinks it’s harsh to be blaming Fod for the first goal? Its a fucking good strike IMO, sometimes you’ve got to give the player a bit of credit. He also made some good saves in the game. I’m not his biggest fan but can we realistically expect to get a better standard of GK with our budget? 

He was playing for swindon mate im sure we could sign a better quality keeper

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since Warburton’s very first match, we have had a problem with opposition players running at our CBs or getting the space and time to shoot from distance.  The only time, we have looked to have a resolution to this problem is when we played McCrorie as a midfield anchor in front of the defence.   Don’t know if McCrorie will be the long term answer in that position, if not, we need to find somebody who can play that role.  

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

1st goal Foderingham is beaten at distance again, never seen the goal at Ibrox from where I was sitting but just seen it there and fuck me man. His positioning is absolutely comical. 

2nd goal came out of a big punt up the park and because Cardoso is built like the side of a fiver Dembele is through on goal, but why in the blue fuck does Wes come rushing out in the first place? 

3rd goal is almost a carbon copy of our defending under Warburton, you knew that cunt was scoring before it happened.

Two stupid goals to give away in the first half has fucked us today, should've been 2-0 at HT. 

Last solid centre back pairing was Weir and Bougherra seven years ago, it needs sorting out in the summer.

Last but not least somebody needs to have a word with our Goalkeeping coaches as it's getting beyond a joke now the amount of times Wes is gubbed from distance. 

Rogic was always going to try and beat Wes ftom distance.

Get folk calling me mental every time I say it but Foderingham is fucking chronic and inspires no confidence, the 2 centre backs would be a lot less shaky if they had a reliable keeper behind them. Just look at Mignolet and Karius at Liverpool making top class centre half’s in front of them into total donkeys.

In saying that we do need 2 centre backs, we need to get rid of Alves ASAP and use his wage to get some decent defenders in.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Alnwick might be a better keeper. Time to give him the sticks after today.

He made a bad call at the 2nd goal....Alnwick had a chance in the semi against Motherwell and fucked it...the 1st goal takes a nick of Bates and ends up hitting the side of the net....I'm not sure what fodringham could of done different at that goal

Just now, hammer93 said:

He made a bad call at the 2nd goal....Alnwick had a chance in the semi against Motherwell and fucked it...the 1st goal takes a nick of Bates and ends up hitting the side of the net....I'm not sure what fodringham could of done different at that goal

He was shite at all 3. Dreadful.

6 minutes ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

Get folk calling me mental every time I say it but Foderingham is fucking chronic and inspires no confidence, the 2 centre backs would be a lot less shaky if they had a reliable keeper behind them. Just look at Mignolet and Karius at Liverpool making top class centre half’s in front of them into total donkeys.

In saying that we do need 2 centre backs, we need to get rid of Alves ASAP and use his wage to get some decent defenders in.

No. 

Foderingham is not to blame for Alves and Cardoso - him mainly- being shite.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

He was shite at all 3. Dreadful.

M8 al watch them again tonight but during the game I allayed no blame against him for their 1st and 3rd goals...Goss got mugged at the 1st and stood off at the 3rd...I guess we all see games different at times

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Will need to see them again but original thoughts were, how the fuck was Rogic able to get that shot away so easily, our defence was a shambles and nobody dooing that baldy mongo after his celebration, and defence again.

It happens every match against them. The cunt only has a left foot but time and time again we give him 20 yards of space just outside our box and let him swan onto his left foot as if we’ve never seen him play before. Criminal at times. 

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

M8 al watch them again tonight but during the game I allayed no blame against him for their 1st and 3rd goals...Goss got mugged at the 1st and stood off at the 3rd...I guess we all see games different at times

Mate I’m completely with you here. Blaming Fod for 1st and 3rd is genuinely laughable. I put that down to people hurting tonight because to blame him for either of those is completely irrational. I take the point about the second, he was never getting the ball so should have stayed on his line. 

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Mate I’m completely with you here. Blaming Fod for 1st and 3rd is genuinely laughable. I put that down to people hurting tonight because to blame him for either of those is completely irrational. I take the point about the second, he was never getting the ball so should have stayed on his line. 

Watch the goals ffs - the first one the shot isn't hit with any sort of pace it doesn't go in near the top corner or even under the bar - he's too far off his line, the ball curls round/over him with absolute ease for a big goalkeeper .. the third one as I said earlier I'd have to watch again to be 110% sure but there's shades of the first goal in the third too - that was my first thought when I watched it first time.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Watch the goals ffs - the first one the shot isn't hit with any sort of pace it doesn't go in near the top corner or even under the bar - he's too far off his line, the ball curls round/over him with absolute ease for a big goalkeeper .. the third one as I said earlier I'd have to watch again to be 110% sure but there's shades of the first goal in the third too - that was my first thought when I watched it first time.

Mate honestly I think you’ll watch it back and think differently. Keepers stand off their line to close the angle on a shot, he should be off his line. It wasn’t the pace on the shot that beat him it was the curl on the strike. It’s a well taken goal. The third one the lad has hit it with a fair amount of venom from about 12 yards out and it’s bent into the corner. I don’t know what you expect him to do? Second one is shite granted if he stays on his line Dembele has to beat him with a decent strike instead he makes it easy for him to lob him.

Naw idea how any cunt can blame Fod for anything the day.  Infact he pulled off a couple of decent saves.

1st goal - cunt gets a free run to just outside the box before he shoots.  Maybe Fod could have been better placed on his line if your being overly critical, but the midfield to defence was shocking for that goal.

2nd goal - again defence just let’s the cunt run past them and Fod has no choice but to go out and try and narrow the gap.

3rd goal - reminds me of stokes goal in the cup final walks into our box without as much as any cunt putting a challenge on him and gets all the time in the world to hit a shot.  He should have been taken out before he even got into the box. 

Defence let us down today and Morelos, I wouldn’t even mention that cunt.  Again.

A shot at Foderingham from distance is almost as good as a penalty. Could see it coming for the first and third goals, soon as the player finds a yard and sets themself it's a goal. 

I don't know what it is, whether he lacks anticipation, positioning, footwork maybe the whole lot. But he's beat from range way too often for it to be coincidence imo.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Naw idea how any cunt can blame Fod for anything the day.  Infact he pulled off a couple of decent saves.

1st goal - cunt gets a free run to just outside the box before he shoots.  Maybe Fod could have been better placed on his line if your being overly critical, but the midfield to defence was shocking for that goal.

2nd goal - again defence just let’s the cunt run past them and Fod has no choice but to go out and try and narrow the gap.

3rd goal - reminds me of stokes goal in the cup final walks into our box without as much as any cunt putting a challenge on him and gets all the time in the world to hit a shot.  He should have been taken out before he even got into the box. 

Defence let us down today and Morelos, I wouldn’t even mention that cunt.  Again.

I agree with all of that apart from the second goal, he shouldn’t be off his line because he was never getting the ball. If he’d stayed on his line Cardoso may have got a challenge in before the ball came down enough for Dembele to strike it. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The 1st goal goes away into the side of the net....I can't agree with you on this one...I've criticised wes in the past  from distance but not that one....if I see differently later I will be the 1st to pm u and apologise

Just now, hammer93 said:

The 1st goal goes away into the side of the net....I can't agree with you on this one...I've criticised wes in the past  from distance but not that one....if I see differently later I will be the 1st to pm u and apologise

If he's not that far off his line it doesn't matter. He has no need to be that far off his line as all it needs is a little dip or curve and it's a goal. That is piss-poor goalkeeping.

I don't think Wes can be blamed for any of the goals.

Goss put in a poor challenge before the first.

Cardoso was useless for their second.

For the third goal both Goss and Cardoso were very poor.

If your going to blame someone then Goss and Cardoso are the obvious candidates but as a team we were poor in the last 30 minutes.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If he's not that far off his line it doesn't matter. He has no need to be that far off his line as all it needs is a little dip or curve and it's a goal. That is piss-poor goalkeeping.

Fair enough we will agree to disagree ?

I've been criticising Foderingham and his positional sense and tendency to concede long range efforts for the best part of 3 seasons now and most of the time I was told he's the best in the country.

He should have done better with the first goal.

The 2nd goal, Cardoso was bullied far too easily but Foderingham rushing out the way he did just put the goal on a plate for Dembele.

I would need to see the 3rd goal again to decide but first impressions were that he was a bit suspect for that one too.

The defence don't do him any favours but he really is a poor keeper.

Wes is a liability and has been since he became no1.

He hardly ever comes for crosses and when he does makes a meal of it...happened several times today.

Terrible positional sense for long range  shots and in general seems to be caught in no mans land. Don’t get me started on his distribution, it’s atrocious.

we need someone to control his area but more importantly inspire the CBs in front of him.