Windass stat

Dan Deacon

3 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I dont think anyone doubts his scoring ability or his ability to create goals but its the rest of his game thats needing improved 

he was invisible for most of the game on sunday when we needed 11 men pushing as hard as they could

it was the same with Boyd, scored plenty but underperformed in other areas, which led to him always being dropped for Euro ties and Old Firms, if Windass isnt careful he could end up in the same position 

everyone likes a goal scorer but in big games we need strong performances for 90 mins not just a few flashes of talent once or twice per match

this shows how pointless stats can be misleading, statistically im undefeated in the world of professional wrestling

Fuck me - no one doubts his scoring ability or assists - it’s the other bits of his game ??? Ffs what more do you want - goals and assists are the lifeblood of the game - the late great Davie Cooper was great at goals and assists but the rest of his game was poor 

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I just don't understand this view at all, and it's one that's obviously shared by many given the likes it got.

Very few players in the league possess the quality that Windass does. He needs to show that quality more consistently and be more assertive in games.

I'm not aiming this at you specifically, but some of our fans seem to just want a team full of tough tackling cloggers. 

No-one else in our team could have scored that opening goal on Sunday.

If Windass had the same chance another 9 times . He would have missed every one of them

He has proved that many many times . He is hopeless in a one on one with the keeper .

We got lucky on Sunday

16 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

His goal scoring and assist ratio is absolutely unbelievable if you only count the minutes when he is visible on the park.

Maybe it’s a ploy.

Do so little that the opposition forget all about you, then pop up with a goal, when they’ve left you unattended!

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I just don't understand this view at all, and it's one that's obviously shared by many given the likes it got.

Very few players in the league possess the quality that Windass does. He needs to show that quality more consistently and be more assertive in games.

I'm not aiming this at you specifically, but some of our fans seem to just want a team full of tough tackling cloggers. 

No-one else in our team could have scored that opening goal on Sunday.

That says more about the rest of our team than it does about Josh!

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Scores the opening goal through a cracking finish then disappears. 

Been at this club long enough to know that's simply not acceptable yet continues to get away with it. 

If he wants to know what's required he only has to look at Candeias. Even when playing shite he works his arse of for the team and it makes all the difference. 

3 minutes ago, StirlingBear72 said:

His stats are good. He's just one guy who annoys me when he's playing. 

Quite interesting - when you add Josh’s goals & assists together and do the same for Morelos, Josh is now ahead!

Amazing, when one is perceived to work his arse off, and do so much for the team, while the other is considered a total slack arse!

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Fuck me - no one doubts his scoring ability or assists - it’s the other bits of his game ??? Ffs what more do you want - goals and assists are the lifeblood of the game - the late great Davie Cooper was great at goals and assists but the rest of his game was poor 

you clearly know next to fuck all about football anyway so im not going to argue with you

17 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

you clearly know next to fuck all about football anyway so im not going to argue with you

Cool but to argue with me about football you would need at least my basic level knowledge on the subject. You clearly don’t - but you probably are more proud of knowing all the words and add ons to all the songs - kinda your level. 

28 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Quite interesting - when you add Josh’s goals & assists together and do the same for Morelos, Josh is now ahead!

Amazing, when one is perceived to work his arse off, and do so much for the team, while the other is considered a total slack arse!

... and one scored and the other didn’t 

28 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I know. I shouldn't be annoyed by him, he's improved loads and is a contributing well. He still frustrates me, has that Lovenkrands aura about him. He'll get goals etc but frustrate the life out of you.

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t think he’s underrated at all.

He gets abuse on here from some but in general everyone seems to rate him. People on social media couldn’t be any further up his arse 

you taking the piss - doesn't matter what he does gets slaughtered 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

He went missing against our greatest rival when we needed him. Again!

Unreliable and Unacceptable. We win nothing with that mentality.

End of.

He scored. I hope our full team go missing when we play them next.

1 minute ago, Sket said:

He scored. I hope our full team go missing when we play them next.

He didn't just score, it was an absolute blinder.

I think there's much more improvement in him and unfortunately for us if he becomes the player he should there's not a chance we'll be able to hold onto him.