Two Rangers Heroes.

tannerall

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Ray Wilkins deserves a stand alone minutes silence imo. Absolutely fuck all wrong with a minutes applause during the 45th minute of the match as that was the young age the man died at.

I disagree but it’s all about opinions and you are entitled to yours 

13 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

Just went a wee wander round to the Ray Wilkins memorial at Stamford Bridge. Very sad, there's a Rangers scarf amongst all the flowers and tops etc.

20180405_200848~2.jpg

A genuine gentleman,loved by all he met. Wish there were more like him. Could do with someone of his stature at the club now. Always loved never forgotten. 

44 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

An applause is not the proper way and not the Rangers way the proper respectful way is a minutes silence  !

No such a thing as the Rangers way. If every cunt was to go dressed as broxi I couldn’t give a shit,showing your appreciation is an individual choice.

I don't see an issue with silences or applause. Both work. The only tarrieresque applause is that on Remembrance Day, done because they know they can't stay silent. Otherwise it's a recognised football way now.

I prefer silences myself but it's no big deal. As long as he's remembered and honoured.

Personally I would have prefered a minutes silence at the start for both men, they have both served our Club well and do not feel that one is any better than the other as far as paying respect is concerned.  

I am not a fan of applause for remembering the passing of someone you really liked and respected, but since it has now been done this way we will just have to make the best of it. 

I think that some, on here, are getting the wrong end of the stick.

There will be a minute's silence before the game, for Ray Wilkins, and a minute's applause for Stuart Pedley at the start of the 2nd half. 

I'm pretty sure that the Club will mention both men before the minute's silence, as a mark of respect to both men.

We are doing a minutes applause for Ray in the 5th minute (shirt number) as well? So the minute silence at the start, for me, is for both. 5th minute and 45th minute will be the celebration and appreciation separate but the minute before kick off is respect FOR BOTH.

As already mentioned, a minutes applause is only tarrier like when it's done to hide/drown out the abuse and hatred shouted by scum on days like Rememberance Sunday etc

The main thing is that we remember them.

Whether its a minute silence or a minute of applause I dont think is the important thing.

If its a real issue for some, why not have a minute silence for Stuart when the teams line up at the start of the second half?

The club were in an awkward position, just recognising Ray’s passing would have been seen to be ignorant and disprespectful to ‘Broxi’.

I think this was the only way to do it bar having a minutes silence for each of them at the start of the game which wouldn’t work out well, IMO.

2 hours ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

I like the idea of both.The silence before kick off as a dignified,respectful way to remember and honour both men Then a minute applause each to appreciate the contribution both made to entertain the fans and be ambassadors for our club.

I agree with what you have said about doing both,  but are we having a minutes silence for both before kick off? 

I gave only seen the minutes silence for Ray mentioned, I hope I have got that wrong. 

15 hours ago, Inigo said:

I don't see an issue with silences or applause. Both work. The only tarrieresque applause is that on Remembrance Day, done because they know they can't stay silent. Otherwise it's a recognised football way now.

I prefer silences myself but it's no big deal. As long as he's remembered and honoured.

if its one person and youre celebrating their life as well as mourning their death then i suppose applause is acceptable tho i wouldnt prefer it

but as you say for things like rememberance days and more melancholy times then it should be a silence and applause is disrespectful imo

I have always taken the minutes respect as a way of remembering your personal feelings and memories for the persons given rememberance. You can reflect and pay your private respects as easily applauding as in silence. The minute given as a respect is the important thing. Dont applaud if you find it disrespectful or alternatively shout, applaud and talk through the minute silence if you are a taig. Pretty sure any weans would prefer to clap and cheer for broxi than stay quiet for a minute. Nice tribute @tannerall, very eloquent.:tu:

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I agree with what you have said about doing both,  but are we having a minutes silence for both before kick off? 

I gave only seen the minutes silence for Ray mentioned, I hope I have got that wrong. 

Would be surprised if it’s not for both men.Seems the most sensible way to handle things.

11 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Would be surprised if it’s not for both men.Seems the most sensible way to handle things.

:thumbup:

I hope you are right mate, it should be for both IMO. The applause on 5 and 45 while the game is being played is no problem either, I am just not keen on it before a match starts.

5 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

The club were in an awkward position, just recognising Ray’s passing would have been seen to be ignorant and disprespectful to ‘Broxi’.

I think this was the only way to do it bar having a minutes silence for each of them at the start of the game which wouldn’t work out well, IMO.

This.

22 hours ago, brazz1972 said:

Just went a wee wander round to the Ray Wilkins memorial at Stamford Bridge. Very sad, there's a Rangers scarf amongst all the flowers and tops etc.

20180405_200848~2.jpg

John Terry left a captain's armband on top of one of those photos. Hope someone hasn't helped themselves to it as I thought it was a nice gesture from him.

On 06/04/2018 at 19:21, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

John Terry left a captain's armband on top of one of those photos. Hope someone hasn't helped themselves to it as I thought it was a nice gesture from him.

The tribute has security at it so doubt anyone took it. Would be pretty low if someone did that. Security guy was saying all the stuff would be going to the family