Why we need to find more goals.

backup

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

We are the highest scorers in the division but have conceded more goals than celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and the same number as Kilmarnock. Scoring goals isn’t our problem. It’s keeping them out where we fall down.

Mind the op doesn't really do the football side of things 

27 minutes ago, backup said:

Very interesting read regards lack of goals, many will dismiss as lies,damned lies and statistics, the report however is invariably extremely accurate.

https://therangersreport.com/2018/04/04/shooting-percentages-regression-why-Rangers-will-need-to-find-more-goals-this-summer/

:lol: I back stats more than most but surely to fuck you didn’t fall for this shite? We’ve scored more goals than any other team. Scoring isn’t our problem. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

:lol: I back stats more than most but surely to fuck you didn’t fall for this shite? We’ve scored more goals than any other team. Scoring isn’t our problem. 

You need to score when it matters, goals that win games that would be.

1.thumb.png.126138b1e0b008b53890fae1f39d0e13.png

celtic strikers at the top with the Kilmarnock strikers beneath them.  These have been the two best teams in the league since October.  Stands to reason that the teams who perform consistently well get the best return of goals from their strikers.

Also, as others have said, we score plenty of goals it's in defense we struggle.  Under Murty we've conceded 26 goals in 22 games which is pretty shocking.  

4 hours ago, Goosetav said:

Cannae wait for their next article telling us we need more points if we're to move up the table

:rofl:

Soon to be followed by the revelation that we must go undefeated in cup games to get to a final.

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

We are the highest scorers in the division but have conceded more goals than celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and the same number as Kilmarnock. Scoring goals isn’t our problem. It’s keeping them out where we fall down.

6 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Yeah it is, kinda

You could win half your games, 5-0 and lose the other half 1-0, have 57 points at the end of the season but score 95 goals

We maybe the highest scorers in the league, but how many games have we not scored in, i can think of 3 alone at ibrox thats 9 poibts dropped

What a load of shite.  Maybe if we stopped conceding soo many at home we'd be in a better position!!

We're top of the league on away form with 11 wins 3 draws and 2 defeats, scored 38 conceded 19........BUT

We're 6th on home form with 7 wins 2 draws and 7 defeats, scored 25 conceded 19......

The fact we've conceded the same amount of goals at home is a joke, if we want to win a league we need to be conceding half that.

You might want to change the header to WHY WE NEED TO CONCEDE LESS GOALS

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

What a load of shite.  Maybe if we stopped conceding soo many at home we'd be in a better position!!

We're top of the league on away form with 11 wins 3 draws and 2 defeats, scored 38 conceded 19........BUT

We're 6th on home form with 7 wins 2 draws and 7 defeats, scored 25 conceded 19......

The fact we've conceded the same amount of goals at home is a joke, if we want to win a league we need to be conceding half that.

You might want to change the header to WHY WE NEED TO CONCEDE LESS GOALS

Ifs buts and maybes, perhaps you haven't noticed we are factually 3rd in the league, if missed chances had been converted we would have be vying for top spot.

Our alleged £11 million forward has a strike rate of one in five, hardly the answer is it.

10 minutes ago, backup said:

Ifs buts and maybes, perhaps you haven't noticed we are factually 3rd in the league, if missed chances had been converted we would have be vying for top spot.

Our alleged £11 million forward has a strike rate of one in five, hardly the answer is it.

Scoring goals hasn't been the problem though, conceding them has and that's a fact!!!

Morelos offers us more than goals, his all round play creates chances for others and is part of the reason our goals are spread. 

3 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Scoring goals hasn't been the problem though, conceding them has and that's a fact!!!

Morelos offers us more than goals, his all round play creates chances for others and is part of the reason our goals are spread. 

As I said and I think the report is alluding to , missed chances have cost us dear, we need a proven goalscorer not water carriers. 

10 hours ago, backup said:

Very interesting read regards lack of goals, many will dismiss as lies,damned lies and statistics, the report however is invariably extremely accurate.

https://therangersreport.com/2018/04/04/shooting-percentages-regression-why-Rangers-will-need-to-find-more-goals-this-summer/

The report doesn’t actually say we lack goals though does it?

It says that trends would suggest that Windass and Morelos won’t have as good a goals to shot ratio next season and we may need to find a way to help replace these high percentages in the summer as they tend to drop off in the following season. 

6 minutes ago, backup said:

As I said and I think the report is alluding to , missed chances have cost us dear, we need a proven goalscorer not water carriers. 

I read it differently; the author appears to be saying that the problem is next season; our strikers scoring goals this season will, according to him, have a much worse next season...

and that we should be looking at strikers who have a poor season this time as they will more chance of having a better next season...

the concept is interesting; but the statistical data in the report is too weak.  file under "pish" 

9 minutes ago, backup said:

Have you read the report because it doesn’t say that either?!