Europa League

If we finish second do we skip the first qualifying round, or will it be Motherwell for winning/finish runners up in the cup?

If we finish third obviously we are going to be in the first qualifying round.

I’m unsure what the best option would be for us. Getting as many competing games under our belt early on or having an extra two weeks off.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We aren't going to do anything in Europe anyway so give us the very first round - more trips and more money into the coffers, fuck it.

Yeah and the alternative is League Cup sections.

I’d rather a trip to Malta getting pumped by Hamrun Spartans or whoever than getting pumped by Forfar on a Friday night.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Aberdeen are just as abysmal as us with a dead man walking as Manager.

Hearts are also terrible. 

I can see us finishing third with Hibs second at this rate.

Tend to agree about the junkies doing both us and Aberdeen. 

I honestly can’t see where we are going to pick up points. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah and the alternative is League Cup sections.

I’d rather a trip to Malta getting pumped by Hamrun Spartans or whoever than getting pumped by Forfar on a Friday night.

We couldn't get them, they're currently 8th in the Maltese Premier League and 16 points away from the nearest Europa League spot with one game left to play.

:Fod:

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

We couldn't get them, they're currently 8th in the Maltese Premier League and 16 points away from the nearest Europa League spot with one game left to play.

:Fod:

Only Maltese team I could remember off the top of my head ? 

Rabat Ajax is another ? 

1 minute ago, MattyBlue said:

Said it at the beginning of last season, id rather finish outside the european spots right now to focus on getting a team that can compete in scotland, fuck europe at the minute 

Europe shouldn't need to be a distraction though. There's no reason why we can't do both. We need to get re-established in Europe which helps attract better players and brings in more money, which helps us to build a team to compete in Scotland.

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Europe shouldn't need to be a distraction though. There's no reason why we can't do both. We need to get re-established in Europe which helps attract better players and brings in more money, which helps us to build a team to compete in Scotland.

Yeah cant disagree with that tbf 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If we finish second do we skip the first qualifying round, or will it be Motherwell for winning/finish runners up in the cup?

If we finish third obviously we are going to be in the first qualifying round.

I’m unsure what the best option would be for us. Getting as many competing games under our belt early on or having an extra two weeks off.

Cup runners up don't qualify. If THEY win the cup then 4th in the league qualify.

So even if we finish 4th we'll be in. But fairly sure if we finish 2nd we miss a round

Worst fucking nightmare, finish 4th and end up relying on that mob to win the Treble just so we qualify for Europe, beyond a fucking mess.

Fuck Europe if that's the case, I'd rather Motherwell pumped them than us getting into it through the tims success, even if it means back into those shitey League Cup groups again come July.