Hummel

jjbscotty12

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

The glory days of Adidas and Nike kits seem to be dead.

Have a club wearing Hummel kits ever won a major tournament? I know it’s not important - just out of interest.

Not for a second do I think we are getting a top deal - no pun intended. Otherwise you’d see your Juves and Reals at some point in history wearing Hummel kits.

I don't get your logic on this....Barcelona won plenty wearing kappa.....the tims are now with New Balance.....by your logic throw us into a Nike or Adidas kit next season and we can win the league.....if Hummel are paying us the most money then surely that is more beneficial than tying into a deal which is solely dependant on sales?

If they are paying the most money it’s a no brainer. I remember Hummel making Real Madrids kits in the late 80s early 90s and they are not a bad team. Maybe the are looking to raise their profile again by teaming up with most successful team in the world. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

What does that mean? Would that be because Nike and Addidas think they wouldn't sell enough strips to make it worth while?

I would thinks so, however it's more about the exposure than the kits sold. 

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Can't even find my Arrows on t'interweb fs.

Anyway imagine you ask for air trainers and you get this. Not quite as bad as this but it was still 'aw, muuuum' and tantrums.

cff76c4bd19d7d66b853112f3342da81.jpg.da06ba89dd9cfa43ff7df5923f312257.jpg

873098927031.png

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Looks better I guess that the Club can attract that Level of Kit Maker.

But why does that look good? Is it just the wain wanting his bubble? Or is it more?

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't get why people want those though. Don't get why it's important or why getting a big brand is a sign of good health.

Most clubs wear Nike or Adidas colour templates. With this Hummel deal we should hopefully be getting a bespoke kit design which can only be a good thing

It's alright saying 15-million upfront, which sounds good but that's not 100% of the cash for a 20-year deal or anything absolutely mental is it? the devil will be in the detail, transparancy etc.

Hummel are a riddy of a brand but I've always said provided they offer the most money it's a no-brainer. I wouldn't buy one though, wouldn't be dead in it tho.

1 minute ago, WaltersGotStyle said:

Hummel - similarly to New Balance are trying to establish themselves as a top brand. Not a bad bit of business.

if Hummel are paying the most money then I see nothing wrong with this.

Your the second or third person that's mentioned New Brand in a negative way, it's a great make. It's not even close to being on a par with Hummel.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I don't get your logic on this....Barcelona won plenty wearing kappa.....the tims are now with New Balance.....by your logic throw us into a Nike or Adidas kit next season and we can win the league.....if Hummel are paying us the most money then surely that is more beneficial than tying into a deal which is solely dependant on sales?

New Balance are 10 times bigger than Hummel tbf

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I would thinks so, however it's more about the exposure than the kits sold. 

Aye, but I don't understand why we'd get more exposure either.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

It's alright saying 15-million upfront, which sounds good but that's not 100% of the cash for a 20-year deal or anything absolutely mental is it? the devil will be in the detail, transparancy etc.

Hummel are a riddy of a brand but I've always said provided they offer the most money it's a no-brainer. I wouldn't buy one though, wouldn't be dead in it tho.

3 year deal apparently

Archived