Sean Goss

Broxi

2 hours ago, Broxi said:

I know he had a couple of really poor games but before that he was by far our best player. Don't quite understand why he's getting completely shut out now, especially when Dorrans and Docherty haven't been great. Dorrans played well today but before today Goss' worst performances were on par with Dorrans and Docherty's average performance imo. Would like to see him back but I fear because he's only here on loan he's being sidelined to let the others play

Right listen here’s how this works mate ok. 

When your playing your shit even if your good and when your not playing your good even if your shit. 

What I would say is he’s another one that started well when he arrived and then fell away, maybe we need to ask what happens at training. 

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

he is not a world beater but I am a little surprised he has fallen so far out of favour given Murty was talking about signing him just weeks ago and then getting an earful from Holloway for his trouble.

maybe it's our way of lowering his value.

Devious master plan...5a874ed10a20e_image(1).jpg.f3fbb8d4536df295107943f9eae33ec5.jpg

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Looked every bit the player that played 6 professional games his last couple of games. 

Yup - a bit of ‘dead cat bounce’ along with fixtures against lower division cannon fodder gave him a good start.

Then the reality of playing week in, week out kicked in.

Some players have it, some don’t.

13 minutes ago, islandblue said:

If Dorrans continues to play the way he did today, Goss won’t start

Probably part of getting match fit again, but Dorrans seems to start slowly (even poorly - Dundee?), then grows into the game.

Ended up doing ok today, I thought.

7 hours ago, Broxi said:

He had a number of great games and has shown far more quality than both Dorrans and Docherty have. I'm not saying he's the next Busquets but he deserves more playing time. 

He's gone in the Summer, we brought him in to help us finish 2nd and win the Scottish Cup, the Cup is gone and the area of the pitch he plays in is well covered enough to do without him, it's more important to give guys like Docherty and Dorrans the game time in CM

5 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

He's gone in the Summer, we brought him in to help us finish 2nd and win the Scottish Cup, the Cup is gone and the area of the pitch he plays in is well covered enough to do without him, it's more important to give guys like Docherty and Dorrans the game time in CM

It's more important to play the best players we have to give ourselves the best chance of winning the remaining games we're going to struggle in. 

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

It's more important to play the best players we have to give ourselves the best chance of winning the remaining games we're going to struggle in. 

I don't think Goss is better than Docherty or Dorrans, I'm not saying he's worse than them but I just don't think he justifies starting before either of them (or Jason Holt)

6 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Looked every bit the player that played 6 professional games his last couple of games. 

He is a loan player from a club that’s not setting the heather on fire , if you want good loanee’s you have to pay big bucks to get them not  £2 and a signed baw.

4 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I don't think Goss is better than Docherty or Dorrans, I'm not saying he's worse than them but I just don't think he justifies starting before either of them (or Jason Holt)

In which case your opinion is fair enough. I personally think when he was at his best for us he was a lot better so I'd like to see him get another chance.