Murty Sacked - Confirmed

13 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

It'll never happen because to a man they are not big enough to do it preferring instead to hide under the skirts of cold remote press releases and placed leaks in the press, but it must absolutely be the case that when the decided to shoehorn Murty in for a second spell the odds were that the season would end in a shit storm of poor form, poor results and utter crap on the pitch.  

Why should they have known this?  Because no sane senior director of any company of any size in any market in any part of the developed World would dare to put an apprentice training manager with zero experience of managing at company level to then appoint him to run the entire bit of an organisation that was critical to the success of the business.    Its asking for failure.  Worse than that its actually encouraging it, adding petrol to a fire already moving dangerously out of control.   If it was not a form of corporate madness, then it really then is form of corporate arse covering by a desperate set of executives who had lost control of how to properly manage the Club and had become clueless in how to fix the manager problem.   You do this - you persuade someone that they could get glory but fail to say that he's really cannon-fodder - when you need to buy time and in doing so you know full well that odds on it ending badly for that unsuspecting stooge are very very high. 

And so it has turned out.  

Murty had his faults.  Open faults labelled as a case of him being a learner manager and all that so that it could be a form of mitigation, a form of taking it easy on him when the disastrous results came in.  And come in they did, in quick succession in recent months.   But he took the job so presumably he did so with his eyes sufficiently open to think through how it might go if football equivalent of utter collapse might happen around him and under his watch.  

The real people who should be shouldering the blame and facing the blunt and hostile wrath of the Support are a set of Directors and a MD and a DOF who between them all are covering themselves in shame in the way they have overseen how Rangers is being run and how it is performing on the pitch.  Its on their watch.  They are the ones who are really responsible for this utter shambles.  

Don't forget the players who simply freeze when they play celtic and forget that they are professionals 

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Don't forget the players who simply freeze when they play celtic and forget that they are professionals 

This is so true. Part of the issue with celtic is psychological with us. They are better than us but other teams and us initially at Ibrox have shown we can hurt them with appropriate set up and application. 

TLB was critical of the club's handling of the situation, which saw him leave with the club still to play three crucial league matches.

"Scandalous," he said. "It's scandalous the way he's been treated.

"But that's just my opinion.

"He's been hung out on his own. I've been in a kind of similar situation with Bolton, when there was no leadership or structure behind the scenes. 

"There is a structure at Rangers but there seems to be a lack of genuine support.

"When it really got tough a lot of people turned their back on him, which I found unpalatable."

The former celtic boss revealed he had made contact with Murty to wish him well in the future and suggested that some had lost sight of the personal impact of these decisions.

"I spoke to him this week to offer my support," Lennon said. "At the end of the day, Graeme's a human being. People forget that.

"It's a very difficult position that he was put in. Even an experienced guy would find that situation very difficult.

"So I just rang him with a few words of encouragement and wished him well in whatever he decides to do."

:megaanguish:

Astounding the level of mud the club are getting thrown at it at the moment. Absolute hatchet job.

You’d think that Murty had a four year contract and he’d won the league the year before making his standing down a surprise.

...Oh now I get it, teams will now have to rethink their strategies against us on the field. 

Transparent arseholes

1 hour ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

TLB was critical of the club's handling of the situation, which saw him leave with the club still to play three crucial league matches.

"He's been hung out on his own. I've been in a kind of similar situation with Bolton, when there was no leadership or structure behind the scenes. 

"There is a structure at Rangers but there seems to be a lack of genuine support.

"When it really got tough a lot of people turned their back on him, which I found unpalatable."

The former celtic boss revealed he had made contact with Murty to wish him well in the future and suggested that some had lost sight of the personal impact of these decisions.

"I spoke to him this week to offer my support," Lennon said. "At the end of the day, Graeme's a human being. People forget that.

"It's a very difficult position that he was put in. Even an experienced guy would find that situation very difficult.

"So I just rang him with a few words of encouragement and wished him well in whatever he decides to do."

What a load of bullshit this cunt was hoping we would keep him an make it easier for him to get 2nd place also that he is a fukin tarrier like him

Can’t wait to see if we ever get a player for a couple of weeks trial and then decide not to sign them and everyone and their dog start saying how scandalous it is we didn’t sign them.

Also the fucking hypocrisy from the mhedia, managers and players talking about us continuously sticking their nose in where it’s not welcome and if we utter one word about anyone else we are a disgrace and shouldn’t talk about anyone else :lol:

Fucking midden of a country.

FFS you lot. You got what you wanted. Murty has been sacked. Has no job. Do you seriously believe no one outside of this club has a right to a viewpoint, especially when asked a question by the media? It is a no brainer that fellow managers offer sympathy to a colleague who loses his job. They belong to the same managers Union. Happens ALL the time in more civilised countries. Only in Scotland.

1 hour ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Happens ALL the time in more civilised countries. 

Not to this extent.  Listening to the BBC sports bulletin there on the radio. 1st topic,  Popcorn teeth saying how scandalous the treatment of Murty was. 2nd topic, mcinnes giving his opinion on Gerrard coming to us.  Then went to the weather.

Nothing about their own teams at all, all about us. 

Just now, Sparkle said:

Not to this extent.  Listening to the BBC sports bulletin there on the radio. 1st topic,  Popcorn teeth saying how scandalous the treatment of Murty was. 2nd topic, mcinnes giving his opinion on Gerrard coming to us.  Then went to the weather.

Nothing about their own teams at all, all about us. 

Exactly the same when any big club sacks a manager. 

4 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

How does Lennon know what went on behind closed doors?

In my opinion Murty made a rod for his own back by declaring his interest in the full time managers job.

If he done an ok job and just played the caretaker card, he could’ve slipped back into his youth team post. No doubt the utter chaotic way the board are running things, he’d have got a shot a the managers job as a caretaker at some point in the future anyway.

3 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

FFS you lot. You got what you wanted. Murty has been sacked. Has no job. Do you seriously believe no one outside of this club has a right to a viewpoint, especially when asked a question by the media? It is a no brainer that fellow managers offer sympathy to a colleague who loses his job. They belong to the same managers Union. Happens ALL the time in more civilised countries. Only in Scotland.

They are coming the cunt and don't give a fuck about Murty or what's happened to him it's just another excuse to have a go at Rangers.  

You know that though.

5 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

This wife beating bastard's just worried he might actually get a game from us without the headstand.

TLB uses the word ‘scandalous’ to describe the way Rangers have dealt with Murty - did it ever occur to you ya poisonous, hate filled, ginger prick that the word scandalous perfectly describes your attitude and behaviour - because it is a scandal that you get away with your scummy ned antics week in week out then play the victim card. No wonder you came back to Scotland, other countries footballing authorities would see right through you and you wouldn’t get away with your pish  - and you fucking know it.

7 minutes ago, Almacger said:

TLB uses the word ‘scandalous’ to describe the way Rangers have dealt with Murty - did it ever occur to you ya poisonous, hate filled, ginger prick that the word scandalous perfectly describes your attitude and behaviour - because it is a scandal that you get away with your scummy ned antics week in week out then play the victim card. No wonder you came back to Scotland, other countries footballing authorities would see right through you and you wouldn’t get away with your pish  - and you fucking know it.

1..................2...................3 and breath, there that's better.   Newspaper prints a story to wind up Rangers fans and people fall for their continued bile and goading.  Nothing we did not already know, TLB is a fenian cunt, same shit different day. 

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

1..................2...................3 and breath, there that's better.   Newspaper prints a story to wind up Rangers fans and people fall for their continued bile and goading, nothing we did not already know, TLB is a fenian cunt, same shit different day. 

I’m alright now, phew! Thanks mate ? Totally agree about the newspapers, but when you actually hear the players and management from other teams spouting this pish on radio or tv it really annoys me (especially TLB).  Driving home in the car tonight and heard the TLB interview so not just print, real words fae the popcorn teeth getting airtime to wind up the Rangers fans 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

You seem to be quite abusive I guess we were all like that when young.

Well to be fair to him I call a cunt a cunt no matter that I am in my 40's, old bastards are allowed to do that, think I read that in the law.

Archived