markem

40 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Unfortunately we have jim traynor as head of our pr, a man more interested in his own personal vendettas than he is in defending Rangers. Sack him and appoint someone who is actually interested in carrying out the job he is paid to do and we may get somewhere.

Can’t believe he’s still in position 

9 minutes ago, markem said:

Just imagine the positive headlines and profiling of their brand that the Manks would do if Gerrard was going to them. 

That is where we are failing. Traynor is too busy fighting his own petty ego battles to grasp the opportunity. 

Get the English press right onside. Go to them rather than them come to us. Every day offer them exclusives about Gerrard, open our doors to them. 

Have the Scottish press either looking stupid or starting to think, I’m going to get on board with this (keep in mind where the all want to be working)  

It’s within our gift right now and we will let it pass us by whilst penning retaliation statement to the blatantly obvious Shanda driven bastards in the SMSM

Well said mate.

39 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Add in the lurgan bigot who wasn't illegally on the pitch winding up (inciting trouble) opposition supporters. Nah he's been portrayed as the victim giving a little back to the sectarian Rangers supporters (H** Scum) for their songs.

Cant remember the exact words used on Sportscene but to the effect of 'over enthusiastic' folllowed by a few chuckles. A Rangers manager does that and see the negative headlines 

1 hour ago, markem said:

3 separate Headlines I’ve seen this morning. 

1 - A player being called a fenian bastard. Implication we are all bigots. 

2 - The Neely story. Implications are obvious.  

3 - The SFA Charges. Iplication we are cheats and the consequences could be including massive fines and we can’t sign players. 

All 3 headlines this morning.  Coincidence? Is it fuck. After 8 months the SFA apply those charges last night.  After how long that Neely story is regurgitated and the MOH story thrown into the mix. 

I’m not going to take apart the individual stories, anyone with a brain can see what’s going on with all 3.  It’s so obvious.

Over the past few weeks there has been a huge shift in the positive press we have been receiving (mostly if not exclusively beyond our borders).  High profile English journalists talking positively about our club, on a fairly consistent basis.  Yet here we are this morning with our very own ‘3 Billboards’ - a blatant attempt to shift the narrative.   Bad Rangers - stay away, disassociate yourself.  

The club cannot allow this to go on and token retaliation statements isn’t enough. If we do not have a PR team able to represent us in what is a PR war then we have to get that in place at whatever cost.  There is a genuine propoganda machine very effectively attacking us and the impact of these types headlines should not be underestimated. 

Wake up Rangers.  We have to fight back. What I’ve said here isn’t anything that the majority of us haven’t been saying for some time however it’s time, it really has to be.  

Spot on!

17 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Cant remember the exact words used on Sportscene but to the effect of 'over enthusiastic' folllowed by a few chuckles. A Rangers manager does that and see the negative headlines 

Ally simply going nose to nose with TLB ended up with a snp/holyrood review and a ridiculous new law 

Culturally/socially we need a bit of a regroup and then start fighting back. It is now clear they MSM in Scotland is seriously biased against us. There are obviously large numbers of people from the other side who are in positions of power doing what they can to denigrate us. At some point we're going to have to get our act together and take them on. 

20 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Ok - well good, mibbie. 

Point is even if the whole purpose of yesterday’s events was to create negative headlines it succeeded. 

It’s all very well reacting to this point (if the club actually walks the walk) however it’s part of a broader issue that needs to be dealt with. No statements or warnings - dealt with. 

Whilst we have this squabble are we doing a single thing proactively to Harness the opportunity Gerrard presents? - any brand that has the opportunity to create positive headlines through association grabs that opportunity, us however.   The guy is going to be our Manager ffs.  Will he succeed at that? Who knows but nothing, not a single thing should stop us from cashing in now. 

Positive headlines fight negative headlines and vice versa.  That’s why that lot are on the front foot - couple of mentions of us from the English media and look at the headlines up here today.  We have a massive opportunity right now - I fear it will pass us by.

this is a war but its more than just PR. the timing of these events says a lot - and you are talking about separate bodies all complicit in that timing. Even putting the MOH stuff aside (though i am not sure the story re him wasn't put out there to elicit a response from Rangers fans at a nice time) you would still be talking about the SFA, Celtic and the BBC managing their timing of these events down to less than 24 hours - thats more than just PR

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

this is a war but its more than just PR. the timing of these events says a lot - and you are talking about separate bodies all complicit in that timing. Even putting the MOH stuff aside (though i am not sure the story re him wasn't put out there to elicit a response from Rangers fans at a nice time) you would still be talking about the SFA, celtic and the BBC managing their timing of these events down to less than 24 hours - thats more than just PR

Wheels in motion on a campaign against us mate. A concerted effort.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

this is a war but its more than just PR. the timing of these events says a lot - and you are talking about separate bodies all complicit in that timing. Even putting the MOH stuff aside (though i am not sure the story re him wasn't put out there to elicit a response from Rangers fans at a nice time) you would still be talking about the SFA, celtic and the BBC managing their timing of these events down to less than 24 hours - thats more than just PR

100% agree Cushy, these events are amongst the most transparent we have seen that it runs deeper than that. 

3 minutes ago, markem said:

100% agree Cushy, these events are amongst the most transparent we have seen that it runs deeper than that. 

It's as coincidental as Rangers being selected as a test case for challenging EBTs....

I posted this article last week, but think it's worth highlighting...

'The Scottish Champions’ stadium standing trial was being proposed as a model that others, in England, could follow.

The safe-standing area, occupied by ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ, was raised in Parliament.

Ms Crouch was asked by Glasgow North East MP, Paul Sweeney, if she would visit celtic Park to see the area during a question session about allowing safe standing in grounds in England.

Mr Sweeney said celtic’s trial had been a “great success”.

He said: “celtic Park is one of the largest football stadiums in the UK.

“It is the only stadium in the UK currently to be piloting safe rail standing area in the stadium, with 3,000 places available for safe-standing for the last two years.

“Would the minister consider visiting celtic Park to assess the merits of that scheme which has been a great success for the last two years?”

Ms Crouch, however, was less than convinced by the success - but said it was being monitored.

She said: “I had the very good fortune of bumping into a very senior member of celtic in Parliament earlier this week and had a brief discussion with them on celtic

“Both my officials and I have already visited the rail seating at celtic Park to see its operation.'