Gerrard keeping Wallace

30 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah fine. You’ve got me there literally?. But no room for sentiment as a phrase is generally a cliche meaning no room for holding on to something positive in the past.

All I’m trying to say is he is not good enough and never had been. He was borderline rubbish in 2011/12 and I seriously doubt he sacrificed his Scotland career or a decent move to a Championship club as some claim on here.

We need a clean slate and just because he has been around a while and supposedly sacrificed his career doesn’t give him a free kick to undermine the Manager. 

And I stand by that even if the Manager was pish.

Well he had featured for Scotland prior to 2012.  I think he played against the USA in May of that year.  Craig Levein then stated publicly that he couldn't play in the 3rd division and then adjust to international football so stopped the call ups.  So it did damage his international career to stay with us.  Whittaker managed to sign for an EPL club so I don't think it's out width the realms of possibility that Lee Wallace could've got a move to a decent club had he walked away.  If Lee spent the last 7 years down South he could've had an international career, more money, and a lot less hassle since our club has been in turmoil for the most part.  He has been loyal to our club and given us his best years yet some don't seem to give a fuck.

For what it's worth, if we do go three at the back and play with wingbacks I do think guys like John, Wallace, and Tavernier, are more than good enough to do a job at SPFL level.  They're a major asset going forward we just need to strengthen up through the middle of the park.  It's Lee's last season so if he does fail to make an impact I imagine he'll be gone next summer.

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

Well he had featured for Scotland prior to 2012.  I think he played against the USA in May of that year.  Craig Levein then stated publicly that he couldn't play in the 3rd division and adjust to international football and stop the call ups.  So it did damage his international career to stay with us.  Whittaker managed to sign for an EPL club so I don't think it's out width the realms of possibility that Lee Wallace could've got a move to decent club had he walked away.  If Lee spent the last 7 years down South he could've had an international career, more money, and a lot less hassle since our club has been in turmoil for the most part.  He has been loyal to our club and given us his best years yet some don't seem to give a fuck.

For what it's worth, if we do go three at the back and play with wingbacks I do think guys like John, Wallace, and Tavernier, are more than good enough to do a job at SPFL level.  They're a major asset going forward we just need to strengthen up through the middle of the park.  It's Lee's last season so if he does fail to make an impact I imagine he'll be gone next summer.

IF the two Lees had got a better offer than they were on they would have been off, it’s that simple.

6 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

His biggest asset was speed. His legs must be all atrophied to fuck with the lack of game time and the amount of injuries he's had.

I'd say his speed and his fitness.  The guy bombs up and down the park relentlessly.  Some say eh looks laboured but I've never seen any evidence of this.

11 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

IF the two Lees had got a better offer than they were on they would have been off, it’s that simple.

If Wallace refused to TUPE over he could've went down South and asked for a big singing on fee which I'm assuming most of the other players did.  In the absence of a transfer fee the players can demand large signing on fees or better wage packages.  Lee would've found a club to at least match his wages as most of the others did.  Rangers paid £1.5m for the guy a year earlier and he was a highly rated left back within the Scottish game it's not like he would've struggled to find a club.  Even Broadfoot walked straight in to a Championship team and done well.  

30 minutes ago, TMB said:

If Wallace refused to TUPE over he could've went down South and asked for a big singing on fee which I'm assuming most of the other players did.  In the absence of a transfer fee the players can demand large signing on fees or better wage packages.  Lee would've found a club to at least match his wages as most of the others did.  Rangers paid £1.5m for the guy a year earlier and he was a highly rated left back within the Scottish game it's not like he would've struggled to find a club.  Even Broadfoot walked straight in to a Championship team and done well.  

You are surmising just like others were about his international career.

8 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Mate I like you and I would shout you a pint any time but you have a serious blind spot on Wallace. He’s pish, not good enough and needs to go. No room for sentiment at our club.

Ohh, you cutie. Preferably we’d buy two left backs, but I don’t see it happening and imo he’s better than John

On 16/06/2018 at 06:33, K.A.I said:

Not beyond the realms of possibility but Gerrard is his own man who commands respect - if there’s someone who’s done who has an over-exerting influence then that’s a bad thing and he should be gone a lot faster 

I don’t think there’s any hidden meaning, I honestly think Gerrard still thinks he’s a good player which is a major error of judgment - he’s made a couple of these now in my eyes but I’m still excited to see how it pans out 

Can’t really call it an error in judgement until we see what he’s actually going to do with it. 

Can judge it at the end of the window, or even end of the season if we’re being extreme. 

No point in coming out and saying ‘aye the captains shite, can’t wait to be rid of him’, even if he’s thinking it. 

He also said Derek McInnes was a fantastic manager in that interview. Might think one thing and say another. 

If Wallace hasn’t trained properly in 5/6 months and his injury is still about then we ain’t seeing him ready for anything any time soon. 

We need a left back now as a priority 

Wallace will be moved on once his issues have been resolved 

Wallace has been terrible in previous seasons,  however if things get back on track then I am happy to see what SG can do that others haven't managed.  

Going by the pictures and videos lately,  he does appear keen to get everyone's fitness up to scratch.  It has been unusual to see them as red faced during training and looking out of breath,  so who knows.  This could finally be what we have been looking for since 2012. 

Wallace is effectively missing pre-season and won't be available as fit as the others, or as included in the drills, tactics, squad bonding etc. Everything SG says he wants to get from being in Spain.

His cards are marked. Hopefully he moves on rather than taking a year's wage.

42 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Can’t really call it an error in judgement until we see what he’s actually going to do with it. 

Can judge it at the end of the window, or even end of the season if we’re being extreme. 

No point in coming out and saying ‘aye the captains shite, can’t wait to be rid of him’, even if he’s thinking it. 

He also said Derek McInnes was a fantastic manager in that interview. Might think one thing and say another. 

Think it's all double bluff. Telling every cunt what the want to hear and thinking the opposite. 

Doesn't want them downing tools any more than they have been.

On 15/06/2018 at 21:27, KingKirk said:

Well just need to agree to disagree mate. He has a point to prove to us all I will say that

Maybe so, but does the team have the time for someone with a point to prove? Is it not meant to be about the team and not any one individual? I do understand that Rangers is dear to Lee Wallace's heart and it must all be incredibly upsetting for him, but the time to prove himself a true part of the fabric of Rangers is now. If I were him, I'd talk to whoever he needs to and come to some sort of amicable resolution to allow him to concentrate on the time he has left at the club.

But hey, I'm not him.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Listen I am only taking what he says at face value - everyone else seems to be falling over them self’s acting the psychologists trying to come up with alternative meanings for anything he says so it fits - I’m not doing that 

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Wallace is shite and has been for years now other than a wee purple patch under Warburton. Get rid of him.

We can only hope he gets fit soon to punt then or he is happy to walk with no pay off

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Wallace is shite and has been for years now other than a wee purple patch under Warburton. Get rid of him.

Agree.  Bar sentiment and dare I say it a provision he stayed with us in the lower leagues was being made captain hes done fuck all bar a short spell in the lower leagues as a player and far, far less as a captain.

The fact we have people genuinely believing he should remain captain shows how far we really have fallen and how ridiculously low our standards have dropped over the last few years.  Seems a nice guy but a good Rangers player??  Debatable but a captain and club legend come on some cunts are well and truly at it.

Wish the guy all the best tho whether its warming our bench or at another club

3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

the thing wae Wallace is he wants to be the water when the water becomes the teapot n he needs tae be the teapot. That's what's wrong with maste a oor players imho 

Pyoor steamin man.